Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Many years ago my dad work security as a side job at Korvettes [[sp?).

It was a hoot from the gals crying from getting caught stealing to guys they had to wrangle and wrestle with. Thankfully nothing went off the rails. But the techniques of stealing [[shoved under wigs - into their underwear) were crazy!
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-07-20 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Naw, I'm not interested in a pissing match with anyone. I can only say that I am totally at peace with myself for my work of 29 years in the DPD.
    A toast to you Ray...

I do not think it matters,African American or not on the force the thugs view all cops as the man anyways.

Where do African American officers receive the most harassment,within the force they serve under or within the community they serve?

There are over 700,000 sworn officers in the US,the odds of a few bad apples is there and to lump them all into a category is no different then complaining about how they lump citizens into a category.

We are asking them to go to work every day while putting their life on the line in order to protect us and do the job we are unwilling to do,they have families and children that they also want to go home to at the end of the day,if half the people did not put themselves in a situation in the first place we would not even need the force in the first place.

Everybody demanding body cams,you know what is built into those cams in a lot of states,facial recognition,that puts everybody in a data base.

When somebody is robbing you,what ya gonna do when you call 9-11,ask for the cops employment history and qualifications?

No you are going to hope that they arrive fast and in time and help protect you using any means necessary,that is why they have an immunity clause.

Because you want them to use any means necessary to protect you from harm because you know full well that hugs and kisses will not save you.

There is an element out there that just does not care about anybody,people really expect a cop to intervene with hugs and kisses and get shot while you run away?

A cop has just as much as a right to protect his or her life from harm as a private citizen.

According to FBI crime statistics, in 2018, 2,925 African-Americans were murdered in the U.S., and about 2,600 of the murderers were African-American.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/defu...oyd-cal-thomas

The police are a response called in after or during the fact,maybe try working on the culture that requires their presence in the first place?

I would guess they would rather be eating donuts and drinking coffee then be patrolling the streets and being targets of second guessing.

What highly educated officer,that we are demanding,is dumb enough to waste that education on the risk of being killed or jailed while in the process of protecting the public,they would have to be crazy from the start.

Last edited by Richard; July-07-20 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Well stated. For example as Africa is a continent not a country some who have immigrated from Nigeria would consider themselves usually as Nigerian-American.
    Well, a significant percentage of slaves imported to the US were Ibos from what is now the Biafran area of Nigeria.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I do not think it matters,African American or not on the force the thugs view all cops as the man anyways.
    Well that's a sure fire way to convince others to take you and your comment seriously.

^^^ I think the term thug should be replaced with 'gentlemen'. That will help remove the racial over tones!

HOW'S ABOUT CALLING THEM JERKS!
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-08-20 at 07:59 AM.

^^^ I think the term thug should be replaced with 'gentlemen'. That will help remove the racial over tones!

HOW'S ABOUT CALLING THEM JERKS!
    So explain why we have to sugar coat everything? A thug is a thug a terrorist is a terrorist! They don’t use any politically correct verbiage when words are flying!

I don't have an explanation for it. I just know for me A is A. Not P or Q.

Thugs are bad guys, no matter what they look like, where they're from, what they wear or who they work for.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    Thanks for the link. Well written. Nice ending. What teen wouldn't welcome that advice?

Use of the word ‘Thug’ from John McWhorter. He nails it based from my experience of hearing it used by white people. Hell, half the time they just say the N word in a softer tone after to make sure you knew what they meant by the use of the word ‘thugs’ when you already knew anyway.

https://www.npr.org/2015/04/30/40336...-the-word-thug

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post

I enjoyed reading the article and bookmarked your blog for future reads. Different times back then. Or maybe not so different. I hope something comes your way as far as work, but things are rough. Gil Scott Heron's "When you're not needed anymore" keeps playing through my head. You're a good writer.

^^^ Yes. I agree. THANK you for sharing this Hypestyles!

Excellent read[[s) Hypestyles.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Use of the word ‘Thug’ from John McWhorter. He nails it based from my experience of hearing it used by white people. Hell, half the time they just say the N word in a softer tone after to make sure you knew what they meant by the use of the word ‘thugs’ when you already knew anyway.

https://www.npr.org/2015/04/30/40336...-the-word-thug
    So what do you think about the orange men working street signs that depicts a black man with a shovel?

Racist or not?

People talk just to talk.

Guy was interviewing the ones tearing down the statue of Andrew Jackson,he asked them if it should be replaced by somebody that is more in tune with the needs of the African American community.

They all said yes and we should eliminate that part of our history.

They did not even know Andrew Jackson was the founder of the Democrat party.

People are actually working hard at looking for pointless reason to support a cause that they have little clue about.

Like meddle posted a thug is a thug it does not matter what skin color or gender,it has nothing to do with race unless one is looking to feed the flames and create it.

Of course to appease the ones looking to change every thing and create their own meaning of words we can always refer to THUGS in the future as

Social misfits of society that have no respect for others personal or private property and make a point of preying in the weak and innocent for their personal pleasure and spend their time reaking havoc while expecting no recourse.

But it is just shorter and easier to call a thug a thug.

You are more then welcome to come up with a shorter definition without trying to throw the fake racism claim in the mix,because even my cat acts like a thug at times.

So is Cat also considered racist now? The young ones will not get that one.

Not that anybody cares or is interested,the full story including the part that was left out of the video,that led up to the bird watcher in the park incident has been released,funny how we judge and create scenarios in our mind when we do not have all the information needed in order to make a decision not based on half the story,as long as we see and read the part that fits our agenda then it is all good.

https://www.facebook.com/DailyCaller...93912307/?vh=e

https://www.facebook.com/10003113485...116977702795/?

https://www.facebook.com/DailyCaller...44480800/?vh=e

https://www.facebook.com/PoliceWake/...01502374/?vh=e

I guess we can blame white people for the ills of society sense they never get shot by the police,arrested without cause,force used against them if they do not comply with LEO,or when pulled over the wife gets out and causes a scene in order to antagonize the police in order to make it more difficult.

White people can drive through an African American community with zero repercussions when police will not even venture unless in mass,white people never had any problems in school,were never born into poverty,never personally endured injustice,never worked picking crops.

White people never had to overcome odds in order to get their head above water or work menial jobs or have to bite their tongue when they wanted to speak out.

All white towns of the past never even needed a police force because if they were white there would have been no need to arrest them.

All the white people that struggle to get a college education,they all come directly out of college into million dollar salaries and never get downsized or laid off or fall on hard times.

I am starting to see what this white privilege is all about,it’s a force field that deflects all the crap life throws at one.

That crap that shapes us,gives us strength to weather future storms and the courage to get back up when we are knocked down and not allow it to control how we live,or we can just blame everybody and everything for our circumstances.
    Last edited by Richard; July-09-20 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    So what do you think about the orange men working street signs that depicts a black man with a shovel?

Racist or not?

People talk just to talk.

Guy was interviewing the ones tearing down the statue of Andrew Jackson,he asked them if it should be replaced by somebody that is more in tune with the needs of the African American community.

They all said yes and we should eliminate that part of our history.

They did not even know Andrew Jackson was the founder of the Democrat party.

People are actually working hard at looking for pointless reason to support a cause that they have little clue about.

Like meddle posted a thug is a thug it does not matter what skin color or gender,it has nothing to do with race unless one is looking to feed the flames and create it.

Of course to appease the ones looking to change every thing and create their own meaning of words we can always refer to THUGS in the future as

Social misfits of society that have no respect for others personal or private property and make a point of preying in the weak and innocent for their personal pleasure and spend their time reading havoc while expecting no recourse.

But it is just shorter and easier to call a thug a thug.

You are more then welcome to come up with a shorter definition without trying to throw the fake racism claim in the mix,because even my cat acts like a thug at times.

So is Cat also considered racist now? The young ones will not get that one.
    MCWHORTER: Well, the truth is that thug today is a nominally polite way of using the N-word. Many people suspect it, and they are correct. When somebody talks about thugs ruining a place, it is almost impossible today that they are referring to somebody with blond hair. It is a sly way of saying there go those black people ruining things again. And so anybody who wonders whether thug is becoming the new N-word doesn't need to. It's most certainly is.

That is the quote that I stated I agree with and I have experienced racist white people using the word “Thug” first hand. It has happened to me several times. They admitted their hate and racism and considered using the word “Thug” as more politically correct but when called on it are more than willing to admit their racism and use the N word.

I am quite positive that you are familiar with the type of person that I am referring to. They are not rare in uneducated white men of your age.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; July-09-20 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    MCWHORTER: Well, the truth is that thug today is a nominally polite way of using the N-word. Many people suspect it, and they are correct. When somebody talks about thugs ruining a place, it is almost impossible today that they are referring to somebody with blond hair. It is a sly way of saying there go those black people ruining things again. And so anybody who wonders whether thug is becoming the new N-word doesn't need to. It's most certainly is.

That is the quote that I stated I agree with and I have experienced racist white people using the word “Thug” first hand. It has happened to me several times. They admitted their hate and racism and considered using the word “Thug” as more politically correct but when called on it are more than willing to admit their racism and use the N word.

I am quite positive that you are familiar with the type of person that I am referring to. They are not rare in uneducated white men of your age.
    Maybe you are spending way to much time blaming uneducated white people,it appears your education did not produce the desired results,unless you received it for free,my guess is you have or had to pay for those less then desired results.

You really need to get out in the world,I have heard many African Americans refer to thugs as thugs,I guess they are racist also but your theory of everybody is a racist.

Just because you read it on the internet and it fits your narrative it does not make it fact.

I have heard black people using the N word and actually calling each other it,so are they also racist?

As long as you decided to take it to a personal level,next time you are a passenger in a car and it gets pulled over,jump out immediately and tell the police how it works and report back how it went.

My guess the reply will be it was a white cop and I am black so it was the white cops fault that he arrested me.

If you base your whole outlook on life over what a couple of people said to you then you need to be more careful with who you hang out with.

I say who you hang out with because I find it highly unlikely you had a random conversation with a couple of racist white duds that clued you in on the use of the word Thug verses using the N word.

If they were racist white people as you described,they would not even be having a discussion with you in the first place.

If you watch the videos it is people of all races involved in the destruction and being thugs,well no Asians anyways,mostly black and white thugs.

That funny yellow flag that you were making fun of ?

You should maybe use some of that education and learn about it.

You actually created a blog in its shadow while making fun of it while not even knowing what it represents.

The words are

Don’t Tread On Me - you created a whole blog about being tread on in your mind.But you were more concerned with the scary guns.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsden_flag

Before your time but it was the black panthers that originally started protesting and patrolling neighborhoods fully armed,they had no problems even back then because they were also exercising their first amendment rights.

Before even cell phone days if the police stopped somebody in the neighborhood they would stand in place to bear witness in order to make sure the police did not cross the line.

So the comments of,if a black man did that he would have been shot is bunk,because they did it and they did not get shot.
    Last edited by Richard; July-09-20 at 10:05 PM.

A helpful PSA about how to deal with the police, from Chris Rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

Hah! That Chris Rock classic's been around over a decade. Too bad blacks have been beaten, harassed and even murdered EVEN when they were 'behaving', correctly after being pulled over and even in their own homes etc.

Hah! That Chris Rock classic's been around over a decade. Too bad blacks have been beaten, harassed and even murdered EVEN when they were 'behaving', correctly after being pulled over and even in their own homes etc.
    True. People of all color have. That's life.

Same week that Trayvon Martin died while attacking that moron Zimmerman in Florida, a white Marine was shot and killed in cold blood by a cop [[Hispanic I think?) It NEVER even made the news.

The leftist news just likes to stoke the fires of division. It's part of a bigger plan to divide and conquer. They also know that certain communities are easily manipulated into violence. So they do one-sided reporting to get the violence they crave.

My point was simply that,. if dope-dealer Floyd had followed Chris Rock's advice,.. he'd have been fine.

If he wasn't high, with medical conditions from years of hard drug use, and he wasn't a known dope dealer and armed robber, who was in the process of slinging dope, with a car load of wanted persons [[the two in the back seat at least had a load of warrants), and having just passed fake currency .... then I bet he'd have been fine.

Yes we need to be constantly working to improve the grade of officers we have on the street. Higher standards, not lower. But that takes money. If we want officers with 4-year college degrees like Bloomfield Michigan requires, then we need to offer $60,000 a year plus benefits like they do, and not $29,000 plus benefits like Detroit does. In fact, because of the MUCH more dangerous job Detroit offices have,.. we may need to offer them $75k a year + benefits.

LOWERING police funding will make the problem of fielding a top-notch police force even harder than it is now. TOTALLY impossible actually.

An even bigger factor is when you have a population that commits 3-4x the amount of crime of other areas,.. while simultaneously crushing property values [[which lowers the tax base need to fund all of this), with a lot of them not paying their taxes, and what??? 65% not paying their water bills,... what do we expect is going to happen?

Insolent children with blue hair screaming and burning won't fix the problem, and that's because there isn't some magic bullet that politicians can enact that will solve this.

It's not like there was some button politicians could push or some rule they could enact,.. and they just haven't bothered to do so.

The citizens themselves need to clean up their act, or pay a LOT more in taxes, or some combination of both.

Committing 1/3 as much crime and paying 10% more in taxes would be a great start.

I wonder of the citizens of Minneapolis, etc will go for it? Or if they'll reject that idea?
    Last edited by Bigdd; July-10-20 at 10:55 AM.

Far as I was always concerned, the TM thing was basically a non-story. It had nothing to do with police, other than the way they fumbled the case initially. I have no idea why it gained the traction it did.

To me, the Tamir Rice case was far bigger.

Indeed Tamir Rice was truly tragic - often forgotten. I even saw some racist site claiming he looked like a full-grown man [[as all black boys do - they say), thus justifying him being shot on sight as even more warranted.

I've worked and volunteered with teens and seeing Tamir's photo [[his actual age at time of death) I saw a 12 year old boy. Not a man.

Re. Floyd: Pointing out how stoned/ drugged out he was makes it ONLY more absurd that officer Chauvin held in him that dying position for EIGHT minutes! And what was the 'cheese eating look' on Chauvin's face if we're judging character and the like! At minimum we have the over-force of apprehension here. Clearly. Even to the level of how Floyd was taken away.

AND YET, I can say and I still DO NOT believe in disbanding police in our cities! Long after the 'insolent' protest guests plying their SJW marxist activities leave, we'll still have a problem of crime and criminal activities. Were LEO's need to effectively provide push back and apprehension to the courts.

And last but not LEAST there are blacks [[and whites as well) who followed all of Chris Rocks 'rules' yet were still shot, beaten, harassed and killed. With a standard cover-up following such events.

This and the rest is precisely we we need a better caliber of policing with stronger over-site and consequences for misconduct [[not possible with defunding) as has been stated!
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-10-20 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    So explain why we have to sugar coat everything? A thug is a thug a terrorist is a terrorist! They don’t use any politically correct verbiage when words are flying!
    Stop being obtuse.

Welp, the OP's post may not have aged well. Not sure how this is, but I'm getting word that an unarmed 19 year old male was shot 30 times near 6 Mile and San Juan by DPD.
    Last edited by 313WX; July-10-20 at 03:00 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast