Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I am a white guy that lives in the hood and I get stopped a ID checked just like everybody else and actually have been questioned by city officials as to why I live where I do.

The sign of our hood store reads,pull your pants up or do not enter.

They implemented this whole broken window form of policing and based it on a standard and the public forced the Police to follow it.

But it goes back to the 1960s where the black panthers used to patrol and every time there was a inter reaction with the police,they would stand by as witnesses.

The police probably get a bit jaded,if you deal with the worst of the worst,day after day they tend to be like most here,and everybody is guilty until proven innocent.

Is that racist or human nature?

^ It's probably both in varied percentage depending on the person so afflicted.

This is why we have to challenge our nature, towards the best.

And yes, white people also suffer police misconduct and brutality. All should be reported! And justice brought forth! I'd not be a martyr for such.

The videos and articles can be found on the internet.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-17-20 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Feel free AJ, to explain how my post is "literally the exact opposite point of what the pictures says".
    Exact quotes:
    The picture: "We do not need to be angels to not be executed."
    YOU: "all you sinners saints"

If you don't see how what you claimed he was saying was the exact opposite of what he said, then I can't help you. No one is saying these men were saints, literally no one. That's a straw man fantasy argument you created. The point is the exact opposite, that these men's prior criminal histories do not justify the use of lethal force against them [[only your actions at the time you are killed matter), nor do the fact that they committed some criminal offense that initiated their contact with the police should justify a death sentence. Only thing that matters is if they posed a threat to the officer's life at the time they were shot or choked or whatever it might be. That's it. That's the only thing that could justify a police officer taking someone's life. All of the rest of it is just meant to muddy the waters when you can't provide the one true justification that matters.

^^^Exactly^^^
    Of course, none of that crowd understand what a straw man argument - or any logical fallacy for that matter - is.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Exact quotes:
    The picture: "We do not need to be angels to not be executed."
    YOU: "all you sinners saints"

If you don't see how what you claimed he was saying was the exact opposite of what he said, then I can't help you. No one is saying these men were saints, literally no one. That's a straw man fantasy argument you created. The point is the exact opposite, that these men's prior criminal histories do not justify the use of lethal force against them [[only your actions at the time you are killed matter), nor do the fact that they committed some criminal offense that initiated their contact with the police should justify a death sentence. Only thing that matters is if they posed a threat to the officer's life at the time they were shot or choked or whatever it might be. That's it. That's the only thing that could justify a police officer taking someone's life. All of the rest of it is just meant to muddy the waters when you can't provide the one true justification that matters.

So, other than your usual insults, rhetoric, tantrums, and pretzel logic, you have nothing. Even Tennessee vs. Garner didn't help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Its on video that it was two white girls that set the Wendy’s on fire and you can hear in the back ground,people protesting saying it was not them,they should have grabbed the two girls and beat the crap out of them or held them for the police like others have done recently.

What do you think? White supremacists or the kkk?

That’s the typical commie response,the only justification I want to hear is the one I agree with.

What do you think? White supremacists or the kkk?
    She could be one of those boogy girls,interesting enough the over 200 faces splashed across our screens here of the looters and burners caught on security cameras,are all locals,unless the Democrat KKK members are disguised in blackface.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    The additional PROBLEM here is that innocent black people [[especially black men) are also hassled and falsely apprehended and worse by some police officers!

My experience with LEO's has been very good the few times I've been stopped [[usually headlight/ turn signal out or the like), but I know several 'professional' law-abiding black people who've had the 'treatment'. Which thankfully only went to the 'lecture' level.

Particularly men, who NOT fitting even the look 'saggin' pants or swag' eh, look. 'Committing' NOTHING, just going about their daily business or living in better neighborhoods. I've a middle-aged friend [[fellow educator) who will not step a toe into Grosse Pointe for example after being berated verbally by an LEO after being accused of going thru a stop sign.

Working in that area often, going in and out of GP but as a black woman I less fit a 'profile'... But YET I am aware: that women have also been at receiving end of police brutality and misconduct as well.

Amy Cooper seemed to intuitively KNOW with certainty that stating she was in fear due to an 'African-American' [[as she emphasized) man just might garner a bit more police attention, faster than not!

As stated before I've had LEO's in my family [[civilian and military). I'm NOT for disbanding police departments [[which is just a 'temporary' pandering talk to garner votes. If anything we're going to end up with nationalized police force - centrally controlled).

I live in reality: in the city, not Pacific Heights or the like with my own armed private patrols. I get that police are needed, but I will never limited my narrative to 'only good police engage only bad criminals'.

It's far more complex problem and that is simply not the case [[here are but a couple of examples):

I was a black FBI agent. White cops didn't always see me as equal.

Cops tried to arrest an FBI agent of South Sudanese Origin!

Police pull over black teen driving with his white grandmother

Have you seen this one yet? Not even sure WHAT was going on in that woman's head to make her do that.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kroger-ka...205821854.html
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; June-17-20 at 02:23 PM.

So, other than your usual insults, rhetoric, tantrums, and pretzel logic, you have nothing. Even Tennessee vs. Garner didn't help you.
    How did I insult you, Honky Tonk? And how was that a "tantrum?" Lol, I presented a normal argument in a normal way and in no way insulted you. Calm down, if you interpret facts as a personal insult towards you, then you are the one with the problem, not me.

As for Tennessee v Garner, I'll refer you to the PowerPoint presentation given by Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard today as he announced warrants in this case, as he directly addresses this EXACT point. Guess what Honky Tonk? He disagrees with you. He's a lawyer. AND he's reviewed all evidence available in this case. Are you a lawyer? Where did you go to law school again? Have you viewed all the video and talked to all of the witnesses like he did?

I would highly encourage you to view his press conference in its entirety, look at his presentation and his summary of the evidence, and then come back here and let me know if your position on this case remains unchanged. I'll refer to the photo he showed of Officer Rolfe KICKING Rayshard Brooks' body as he lay dying on the ground. Dude is literally on video kicking a dying man. Watch the press conference, I think it will help you.
    Last edited by aj3647; June-17-20 at 03:05 PM.

I know! Crazy! And nervy!! I've had a couple 'Karen's' glaring fiercely at me parking in the handicapped parking spot with my placard - then they saw me pull out my cane and pretended to look elsewhere.

Assume makes for an ASS - every time!

I know people abuse handicapped parking, but a couple of times I've had surgeries, needed and used the option with an official placard - so go away, leave me alone. I've even had police [[primarily a Dearborn practice) waiting at my car at the shopping center - verifying me as driver of car.

One officer all set to write the hefty ticket had the car not been mine! I was friendly and they took off fast to go solve a big crime I'm certain --!

Also, sometimes a person has a handicapped placard from a heart or breathing condition, so you cannot LOOK to judge any validity.

Have you seen this one yet? Not even sure WHAT was going on in that woman's head to make her do that.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kroger-ka...205821854.html
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-17-20 at 08:56 PM.

Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard has just announced that he is issuing a warrant for the arrest of Officer Garrett Rolfe in the shooting death of Rayshard Brooks, pending a formal indictment.

Among the evidence cited by the DA that they gained from computer-enhanced video, was that Officer Rolfe and the other officer on scene not only failed to provide immediate medical attention to Brooks after he was shot, but that Officer Rolfe actually KICKED Rayshard Brooks' body as he lay dying on the ground.

DA Paul Howard also cited Tennessee v Garner as a "foundational case" in making his decision to pursue criminal charges against Officer Rolfe, citing that after reviewing all available video evidence and eyewitness testimony, Officer Rolfe did not meet the requirements to shoot Rayshard Brooks under the "Fleeing Felon Rule."
    Last edited by aj3647; June-17-20 at 02:42 PM.

BREAKING: Officer Garrett Rolfe is being charged with felony murder and at least 10 other felony charges in the death of Rayshard Brooks. Felony murder is a death penalty offense in the state of Georgia.

The other officer on scene has already agreed to be a cooperating witness for the prosecution against Officer Rolfe. That officer has been charged with lesser offenses as well.

DA is recommending that Rolfe be held without bond. Womp womp.
    Last edited by aj3647; June-17-20 at 02:54 PM.

...Felony murder is a death penalty offense in the state of Georgia....
    How's that for karma?

BREAKING: Officer Garrett Rolfe is being charged with felony murder and at least 10 other felony charges in the death of Rayshard Brooks. Felony murder is a death penalty offense in the state of Georgia.

The other officer on scene has already agreed to be a cooperating witness for the prosecution against Officer Rolfe. That officer has been charged with lesser offenses as well.

DA is recommending that Rolfe be held without bond. Womp womp.

Nothing but political posturing to satisfy the social media mob. There's little to no chance that any of these charges stick. They're mostly going to be dismissed by the court, and my guess is the DA is going to get an earful from the judge.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; June-17-20 at 11:02 PM.

^ right

it’s going to take a year to feed through the courts and they will say now whatever it takes to keep the cities from burning down.

Its not like they are dealing with level headed adults.

What the hell is a womp womp ?

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/confirm...lking-off-job/

“We don’t know the exact number – I’ve heard different stories. But we’ve heard that in at least three zones, the officers have actually walked out – we don’t know the number. We‘ve heard that in one precinct, the officers are in the precinct building but will not come out unless an officer calls for assistance,” Champion told The Police Tribune.

Yes,now the rest of the police across the country should do the exact same thing.

72 hour walk out,what is the worst that could happen.

Call 911

Remember that sound the phone line used to make

Bedobeep we are sorry all circuits are busy,please try your call later Bedobeep

To bad all the gun haters never learned how to lock and load,maybe when the thug is kicking in your door or robbing you, a hug and a kiss to de-escalate the situation will work.

What ya got to lose?
    Last edited by Richard; June-17-20 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Nothing but political posturing to satisfy the social media mob. There's little to no chance that any of these charges stick. They're mostly going to be dismissed by the court, and my guess is the DA is going to get an earful from the judge.
    He's on video viciously kicking Rayshard Brooks as Brooks lay on the ground dying. I'm pretty certain THAT charge [[aggravated assault) will stick and stick pretty damn hard.

Also, Rolfe fired three shots at Brooks. Two hit Brooks in the back. What happened to that third bullet that missed, you might ask? Well it hit a car with three civilians in it, who weren't in any way involved in this incident beyond merely being in the vicinity. Officer Rolfe is facing four criminal charges related to shooting a car full of innocent civilians, including one count of damage to property and three courts of aggravated assault for the three passengers who were in the car he recklessly shot. Unless you want to argue that he didn't fire the bullet that struck their vehicle, I imagine those charges will similarly stick.

Cry all you want, he's going to prison.

And as people dig more and more into Officer Rolfe's past, more and more skeletons keep turning up. Turns out he and some other cops shot a black man in 2015 and then COVERED IT UP.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-garrett-rolfe

In August 2015, Rolfe and two other officers opened fire on Jackie Jermaine Harris, who they chased after he was caught driving a stolen truck, the Guardian can reveal after reviewing court documents on the incident.However, the shooting was not reported by the police involved. Harris, like Brooks, is African American.

Harris rammed a police vehicle and officers shot at him several times inside the truck, striking Harris once and collapsing his lung. Harris survived and later pleaded guilty to charges including theft, property damage, fleeing arrest and damaging a police vehicle.

Judge Doris L Downs, during a 2016 court hearing, called the case a “disaster” and said “it’s the wildest case I’ve seen in my 34 years here.”
    Downs said she was so troubled by officers failing to report the shooting that she wanted the matter investigated.

“None of the police put in the report that they shot the man – none of them. And they sent him to Grady [Memorial Hospital] with collapsed lungs and everything, and the report doesn’t mention it,” Downs said.

“I am ethically going to be required to turn all of them in.”

Downs even suggested state and federal authorities get involved.

Someone with their back to you is not a threat. Someone lying face down with their hands cuffed behind their back is not a threat. Guy coming at you with a knife is a threat.

The first and third guys could be dealt with without recourse to lethal force, like the BolaWrap:

https://youtu.be/k5Mgc84iLvU

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Someone with their back to you is not a threat. Someone lying face down with their hands cuffed behind their back is not a threat. Guy coming at you with a knife is a threat.

The first and third guys could be dealt with without recourse to lethal force, like the BolaWrap:

https://youtu.be/k5Mgc84iLvU

Ten seconds before Brooks was shot he had managed to punch a cop, take both cops to the ground and steal one of their tasers. You don't think that man was a threat?

These officers tried less than lethal force repeatedly and it failed! You expect them to go another round on the ground with this child abusing, drunk, felon piece of shit? If they had we'd probably be reading about two officers shot and killed with their own weapons instead of a dead good for nothing, drunk child abuser.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; June-18-20 at 11:59 AM.

That'll get 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    That'll get 'em.
    I'm alive!
    Last edited by Johnnny5; June-18-20 at 12:06 PM.

These officers tried less than lethal force repeatedly and it failed! You expect them to go another round on the ground with this child abusing, drunk, felon piece of shit? If they had we'd probably be reading about two officers shot and killed with their own weapons instead of a dead good for nothing, drunk child abuser.
    No, instead what we're reading about is a violent, criminal cop facing felony murder charges after he lost his badge. A cop who had already covered up one shooting of a black man in 2015. A cop who had a written reprimand in his file for a improper use of force involving a firearm in 2017 [[sustained by an Internal Affairs investigation). A cop who is on tape kicking a man as he lay dying with two gunshot wounds to the back.

A violent THUG criminal with a badge is still a violent thug criminal. And soon he'll have the felony convictions to back it up.

Your tears won't stop the inevitable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast