Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

It would seem to me cremation would be a more dignified and safer way to address the deceased. Maybe it isn't cost effective?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    It would seem to me cremation would be a more dignified and safer way to address the deceased. Maybe it isn't cost effective?
    For sure it would be.

But a lot of it has to do with religion.

Judaeo Christian cultures preferring burials, eastern [[Buddhist) cultures preferring cremation.

Quick Google search shows that Brazil is about 65% Catholic, and 22% Evangelical Christian. So burials would probably dominate.

And they have less population density than we do,.. so they have plenty of land [[Unlike China, Japan etc)
    Last edited by Bigdd; May-24-20 at 01:16 PM.

They do that in Florida now,unclaimed,no burial funds etc it’s like $300 for the cremation,they document then store for awhile before disposable if nobody claims.

Those country’s,like D mentioned,are fiercely religious, it's kind of the only thing they have as far as Hope is concerned.

I do not know though, when you see cemeteries in this country that are not maintained, desecrated by vandals, floating to the surface during floods the concept of a final resting place seems to be gone.

I guess if we all turned to dust in the end it's not that much difference, if it's helped along with 10,000° of heat.
    Last edited by Richard; May-24-20 at 01:36 PM.

If you're talking about unclaimed bodies, maybe they want to keep the option of exhumation open in case someone comes looking for a loved one or they need the DNA in an open crime.
    Just my thoughts on it.

Hey Ray, you livin' in Brazil now? Cuz that's where this thread of your's went.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    If you're talking about unclaimed bodies, maybe they want to keep the option of exhumation open in case someone comes looking for a loved one or they need the DNA in an open crime.
    Just my thoughts on it.

It's a thought and I get your point. But it's hot there. Deceased stacked in the street, waiting for pick-up, can't be good for preserving evidence. Then they all get buried in a mass grave? Very irreverent, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Hey Ray, you livin' in Brazil now? Cuz that's where this thread of your's went.
    he was not triggered by a virus do you really believe the direction a thread goes in is going to trigger him?

No matter how many times you repeat it.

It's a thought and I get your point. But it's hot there. Deceased stacked in the street, waiting for pick-up, can't be good for preserving evidence. Then they all get buried in a mass grave? Very irreverent, IMO.
    Mass graves have coffins; not everyone is just tossed in a pit so there would be no cross DNA contamination; also they exhume bodies all the time for reburial or to get DNA

^^^Yes. I noticed the decorative inlay of the coffin lids, side by side in rows... see photos:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...emeteries.html

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/04...7811733099.jpg
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-25-20 at 01:32 PM.

In order to understand Brazil one needs to understand what a Favela is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favela

Stack thousands of people in boxes on the side of a hill they have no access to healthcare or proper sanitation, you going to have a problem.

We cook our dinner on a stove, they cook theirs and heat water, on a single burner hooked to a bottle of Propane.

^^^Yep. The Pandemic spread and fatalities as they occur vary dependent on many factors including political, social-economic, and cultural.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^Yep. The Pandemic spread
    It's just really sad to see just how easily it is to make people conform, out of fear.

Eh, but what 'cha gonna do?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    We'll know how this shakes out in a couple of weeks.
    Awwww, Bigdd, I would have expected you of all people to post this here since you've been following this case so closely. What gives? LOL!

Michigan Supreme Court rejects case challenging Gov. Whitmer's emergency powers

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...rs/5273011002/

[QUOTE=aj3647;594184]Awwww, Bigdd, I would have expected you of all people to post this here since you've been following this case so closely. What gives? LOL!

Awwww you should have read the whole thing,here let me help.

In a 4-3 decision, the Supreme Court issued an order Thursday that said: "We are not persuaded that the questions presented should be reviewed by this court before consideration by the Court of Appeals.

But Clement wrote that the Legislature's application fails to meet the criteria for bypassing the Court of Appeals, which she said are either that a delayed ruling will cause substantial harm or that the appeal is from a ruling that invalidates an action of the executive branch.

All the they are saying is because the stay at home order was lifted so there was no longer a reason to use them as an emergency court.

They did not rule on the legal aspect of it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6