Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

A list of mask compliant restaurants, anyone?

12 and Dequindre Arby's is the best I have witnessed at it. Any others?

Name:  pressrelease.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  131.9 KB
    Name:  tuesdayfree.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  65.6 KB

Yesterday I discovered that a favorite Mexican place in SW Detroit has reopened for carryout as of last Thursday. I'm so happy that I ran over today and picked up 5 burritos to treat my coworkers tonight.
    Thought I'd help a local business rebound I was worried about them surviving the months of shut down. If you're looking for great food from a great family, give them a call - I think carryout hours are 10am to 8pm

https://elcaporaldetroit.com/

https://www.yelp.com/biz/el-caporal-...m_source=yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    Yesterday I discovered that a favorite Mexican place in SW Detroit has reopened for carryout as of last Thursday. I'm so happy that I ran over today and picked up 5 burritos to treat my coworkers tonight.
    Thought I'd help a local business rebound I was worried about them surviving the months of shut down. If you're looking for great food from a great family, give them a call - I think carryout hours are 10am to 8pm

Looks really good - will definitely try that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post

Thanx V1, I love places like this. Good food, reasonably priced. I'll be checking them out.

Get your Polish Fix
    Today from 3-7pm
    American Polish Century Club of Sterling Heights
    Drive Thru Service
    586-264-7990
    Name:  WEDNEASDAY menu apccad.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  72.1 KB

^^^Yummy. I want a hearty salad pickup option today... any suggestions?

Thank yah for this...... I did a Friday curbside pick-up with Rocco's! Excellent. Gus's was ok a few weeks back, especially as I am not a fan of frying foods in my kitchen. Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Cass Cafe
    Gus's World Famous Chicken
    Spread Deli
    Shield's Pizza
    Ima Midtown [[dinner only)
    Potato Place
    Harmony Garden Cafe [[Middle Eastern)
    Awake Cafe [[coffee, sandwiches)
    Great Lakes Coffee
    Motor City Brewing Works [[pizza, salads)
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-24-20 at 07:38 AM.

Thank yah indeed! El Rocco sandwich was superb as was their Chop Salad!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    Rocco's Italian Deli. You can thank me later.

I went for a 2:30pm lunch this afternoon with a friend at my favorite Mexican place in SW Detroit [[El Caporal). It was great to have a dine in meal, we were the only ones there for the time it took to eat, a carry out or two passed through, no big deal.
    I work nights so a 1-2pm lunch out is my norm, I've never seen more than 10 or 12 people, pre covid-19, [[usually seating for 50 plus) in most of the family run ethnic lunch spots that I frequent. For their sake, I hope they have that many when I stop in next time.
    Seems very low risk to me, simply avoid prime time lunch or dinner times, which I've been doing for decades now. My risk of being hit by a texting driver on the way home is probably higher than the risk of another diner a couple tables away breathing my way while I'm there.

Default Chains

Quick reminder that not all chains are national, some are local and also deserve our support, I think. Most of the Coney Islands are local chains. As is Olga's, Bagger Dave's, Chicken Shack, Estia, Bate's, Big Boy, Buscemi's, Buddy's, Jet's, Hungry Howie's, and Tubby's. Also, Biggby Coffee is Michigan based, and I prefer it to Starbuck's. My once-every-few-months guilty pleasure is a Tubby's steak and cheese. Holy cow they are great, but I try to get a lot more exercise the next few days after eating one.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Quick reminder that not all chains are national, some are local and also deserve our support, I think. Most of the Coney Islands are local chains. As is Olga's, Bagger Dave's, Chicken Shack, Estia, Bate's, Big Boy, Buscemi's, Buddy's, Jet's, Hungry Howie's, and Tubby's. Also, Biggby Coffee is Michigan based, and I prefer it to Starbuck's. My once-every-few-months guilty pleasure is a Tubby's steak and cheese. Holy cow they are great, but I try to get a lot more exercise the next few days after eating one.
    Regardless if a chain is local, most locations are owned by local franchisees and still deserve your patronage even if you're against the big, bad national chains.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3