Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Matt Patricia may be mentally retarded

Anyone notice how much better the Lions were today against the Packers without Golden Tate, or Darius Slay, or Quandre Diggs?

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Anyone notice how much better the Lions were today against the Packers without Golden Tate, or Darius Slay, or Quandre Diggs?
    Yeah WORSE!

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    BTW: Currently, Patricia is the odds-on-favorite [[+300) to be the first NFL head coach fired in 2020.

Oh here will be FIRED soon.

Stafford is a good human being but he's grossly overpaid. Detroit could do better. As usual. Defense gets blitzed. Detroit will never change. They don't have any excuses

Geez. Now I gotta find a way to put a paper bag over my cut-out..........

Quote Originally Posted by Dmberko11 View Post
    Stafford is a good human being but he's grossly overpaid. Detroit could do better. As usual. Defense gets blitzed. Detroit will never change. They don't have any excuses
    Just sayin'......Stafford has been the most over-rated athlete ever to come down the Detroit pike. What's amazing to me is how you folks equated him to the Second Coming.

Why does anyone care about the Lions, a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Just sayin'......Stafford has been the most over-rated athlete ever to come down the Detroit pike. What's amazing to me is how you folks equated him to the Second Coming.

Because he SUCKS! He's BAD LUCK for the Lions. Let's get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    Stafford is not the problem.

The root problem is that they've never had a decent running game during his entire time here. Maybe the one year when Reggie Bush was first signed, that was about it and even then it wasn't anything special. When you don't have a solid running game, the opponents defensive strategy gets a whole lot easier. It hurts our defense because they get tired since a good running game will keep them off the field.

It's rare when an offense can have success with a passing game only. In the few instances it does work, you'd better have a great offensive line, great coaching, and dynamic play calling. It's fair to say the Lions haven't exactly hit the nail on the head with those things, and Stafford isn't to blame there.

Bottom line, if you'd have put Stafford on a team like Pittsburgh or Seattle or Minnesota, teams that usually have a good running game, I think he'd have multiple Super Bowl rings by now.

People love to blame Stafford, forgetting the misery that came with the carousel of failed quarterbacks that we had for decades and decades before he arrived. You really want to pitch Stafford to the curb and risk going back to that? Thanks but no thanks.

Stafford and making too many bad plays, throwing bad passes and very confused of what to do if their team are on two many third down conversions. Stafford has got to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I knew when they had Calvin Johnson and golden Tate and others in the receiver Corp and he STILL couldn't even win a meaningful game much less get a playoff win that he is indeed Stats Padford. Only gets points and yards in garbage time. That's it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dmberko11 View Post
    I knew when they had Calvin Johnson and golden Tate and others in the receiver Corp and he STILL couldn't even win a meaningful game much less get a playoff win that he is indeed Stats Padford. Only gets points and yards in garbage time. That's it!!
    In crunch time he has not got the job done. I agree with you on that. I’ve been watching the Lions for almost 60 years, I think he’s the best QB the Lions have had in my lifetime but I’m not sure why.

I'm not sure why I have had Staffords back over the past decade as well. He is tough, that's not the issue. But when you put him up against, say, nineteen other NFL quarterbacks, he appears dismal.

But more to the point, Patricia was all glory and brought very little to building up a sorely needed solid D-line. He was supposed to be a Defensive GENIUS.

He just seems confused from his first day in Detroit and has in no way rallied the team around his game plan. It is obvious that they simply don't "buy in" to his strategy.

But if you want to play somewhere that expectations are low, and you can pull a cool multi-million dollar contract, and get all the bells and whistles that come with being employed by Momma Ford, then Detroit is the place to be. Unfortunately, this is NOT a recipe for actually WINNING critical, meaningful, games. I've pretty much lost any interest at all in NFL and much of professional sports.

So. We get rid of Patricia and fire Quinn. And also release Stafford so he can go to the Dallas Cowboy, or dish him to The Falcons. I'd like to see him achieve some semblance of success.

So let's say The Lions organization makes some radical moves. Then what? We've all seen this movie played out year after year after year. SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    In crunch time he has not got the job done. I agree with you on that. I’ve been watching the Lions for almost 60 years, I think he’s the best QB the Lions have had in my lifetime but I’m not sure why.
    Probably because, like most of us, you see the tools and the talent, but he just doesn't seem to have that required extinct unique to NFL quarterbacks to be able to make the right split second decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Probably because, like most of us, you see the tools and the talent, but he just doesn't seem to have that required extinct unique to NFL quarterbacks to be able to make the right split second decisions.
    Especially in the 4th quarter.

Stafford's not the problem. He's a talented player in a talentless organization being wasted the same way Barry Sanders was. Last week he did plenty enough to win including hitting a receiver on the numbers with the winning pass. He didn't lose the game our 'defensive-genius' coach's failed defense did. Same thing this week.

This week was just another re-run of Bambi vs. Godzilla. Bambi prances around in the flowers and sunshine. It's 14-3 Lions after all. He's happy. We're all happy but we all know the giant foot coming down to stomp that all away.
    '

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    The pandemic has offered the Lions a chance that they have never had before in over 60 years.

A legitimate shot at going undefeated all fall.

They lost 2 games already.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Stafford's not the problem. He's a talented player in a talentless organization being wasted the same way Barry Sanders was. Last week he did plenty enough to win including hitting a receiver on the numbers with the winning pass. He didn't lose the game our 'defensive-genius' coach's failed defense did. Same thing this week.

This week was just another re-run of Bambi vs. Godzilla. Bambi prances around in the flowers and sunshine. It's 14-3 Lions after all. He's happy. We're all happy but we all know the giant foot coming down to stomp that all away.
    '

After throwing one bad pass a game. He is the problem for the pussy cats! He is bad luck. And the Lions Org. is blowing about $30 mills at his face. Lose a lot, he still gets paid.

Quote Originally Posted by ggores View Post
    I'm not sure why I have had Staffords back over the past decade as well. He is tough, that's not the issue. But when you put him up against, say, nineteen other NFL quarterbacks, he appears dismal.

But more to the point, Patricia was all glory and brought very little to building up a sorely needed solid D-line. He was supposed to be a Defensive GENIUS.

He just seems confused from his first day in Detroit and has in no way rallied the team around his game plan. It is obvious that they simply don't "buy in" to his strategy.

But if you want to play somewhere that expectations are low, and you can pull a cool multi-million dollar contract, and get all the bells and whistles that come with being employed by Momma Ford, then Detroit is the place to be. Unfortunately, this is NOT a recipe for actually WINNING critical, meaningful, games. I've pretty much lost any interest at all in NFL and much of professional sports.

So. We get rid of Patricia and fire Quinn. And also release Stafford so he can go to the Dallas Cowboy, or dish him to The Falcons. I'd like to see him achieve some semblance of success.

So let's say The Lions organization makes some radical moves. Then what? We've all seen this movie played out year after year after year. SOL.
    I give Matty Patty credit as a Super Bowl winning N.E. Patriot defensive coordinator. But putting him in as a Head Coach. Big mistake. Look what former Chicago Bear Head Coach Lovie Smith took them team to the Super Bowl that year and slump the next year and got FIRED! He's not blame. It's the team that like don't him.

Last edited by Danny; September-21-20 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

They lost 2 games already.
    Dating back to last season, they have lost 11 straight. If that's not enough to get fired, I don't know what is. I know Jim Caldwell is laughing his ass off. You fired me for these clowns?

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Dating back to last season, they have lost 11 straight. If that's not enough to get fired, I don't know what is. I know Jim Caldwell is laughing his ass off. You fired me for these clowns?

I can't wait for a big surprise when Stafford is let go or be traded to Matty Patty is FIRED. In fact Matty can be fired be the middle of the season. Watch out!

Last edited by Danny; September-22-20 at 06:54 AM.

If Patricia/Quinn isn't gone by the 4th week, There's no hope for the team. I jumped ship years ago, and I hope that everyone else doesn't settle for the "Ford Lions"!! They can take our city name off of that team.

WE NEED TO GET BACK OUR DIGNITY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tig3rzhark View Post
    If Patricia/Quinn isn't gone by the 4th week, There's no hope for the team. I jumped ship years ago, and I hope that everyone else doesn't settle for the "Ford Lions"!! They can take our city name off of that team.

WE NEED TO GET BACK OUR DIGNITY!!
    When it comes to the Lions, dignity is going to be tough to recover.

About stinking time. Those Same ole Lions got a hard win over the unbeaten Cardinals.

Lions 26
    Cardinals 23

Thank you field goal kicker!

Three down 13 to go.

1-2

With no fans in the stands, how come I heard a huge crowd cheering all during the game? Askin' for a friend, of course.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast