Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by smirnoff View Post
    defund the lions!
    I agree!! with you.

I feel badly for that rookie but nobody should have dropped that pass.

.......but, did'ja notice........the Las Vegas Raiders [[aka Oakland) won their first game under that name? Finally, I have a team to cheer for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    .......but, did'ja notice........the Las Vegas Raiders [[aka Oakland) won their first game under that name? Finally, I have a team to cheer for.
    But I thought you said they were all candy assed and you were taking a knee?

That was a crushing loss. Even being completely jaded regarding the Lions, it was a terrible defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    But I thought you said they were all candy assed and you were taking a knee?
    Yeah, I did. But only for the other teams.

That was the most Lions-like opening Lions game I've ever seen. They look to be in mid-season form already.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; September-15-20 at 11:38 AM.

The 2020 run for the Super Bowl is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    The 2020 run for the Super Bowl is over.

Of course is over. Lions are still the Barry Sanders Curse since 1991.

Just get rid of Stafford. He's bad luck for the team.

Prediction: Lions will repeat 3W record this year. But I don’t think Stafford is the problem.

They very well could start 0-4. Next they go to GB, then go to Arizona [[ seems like they play them every year, here or there) and come home to the Saints. Wonder if Quinntricia gets canned if that happens?

I loved it when the Lions had the big lead going into Q4 and how all the announcers were enthusing over Adrian Peterson, Stafford and Hakansson arguing over who should be player of the game. Meanwhile I was thinking "Do these guys have any idea about what team they are talking about?? Nope." And sure enough....

I gotta lay this one on the coaching. They simply do not have the skill to instill discipline and focus. So many dumb mistakes, like the momentum-breaking guy deliberately bumping the ref and getting a non-sportsmanlike 15. Patricia was supposed to be a defensive genius and yet we have to have the worst defense there is. Sometimes I have this fantasy of someone jerking that silly pencil off his off his ear, snapping it in two, and saying "You're Fired!" /end rant

How those 2-dudes from Boston are still employed [[aka Laurel & Hardy) is mind boggling. . . .here is the power rankings for week#2 [[hint/dead last):

32. Detroit Lions [[Last week: 29)

You have to earn your place in the cellar just as you would a spot at the top. The Detroit Lions, somehow home favorites, watched as Mitchell Trubisky threw three TD passes to give the Chicago Bears a stunning victory. Getting beaten by Trubisky is upsetting but in this manner is nothing short of shocking.

BTW: Currently, Patricia is the odds-on-favorite [[+300) to be the first NFL head coach fired in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I feel badly for that rookie but nobody should have dropped that pass.
    It's a rookie mistake!

Prediction: Lions will repeat 3W record this year. But I don’t think Stafford is the problem.
    Stafford is the problem. He's a bad luck QB since he join the Lions.

Stafford is not the problem.

The root problem is that they've never had a decent running game during his entire time here. Maybe the one year when Reggie Bush was first signed, that was about it and even then it wasn't anything special. When you don't have a solid running game, the opponents defensive strategy gets a whole lot easier. It hurts our defense because they get tired since a good running game will keep them off the field.

It's rare when an offense can have success with a passing game only. In the few instances it does work, you'd better have a great offensive line, great coaching, and dynamic play calling. It's fair to say the Lions haven't exactly hit the nail on the head with those things, and Stafford isn't to blame there.

Bottom line, if you'd have put Stafford on a team like Pittsburgh or Seattle or Minnesota, teams that usually have a good running game, I think he'd have multiple Super Bowl rings by now.

People love to blame Stafford, forgetting the misery that came with the carousel of failed quarterbacks that we had for decades and decades before he arrived. You really want to pitch Stafford to the curb and risk going back to that? Thanks but no thanks.

Bottom line, if you'd have put Stafford on a team like Pittsburgh or Seattle or Minnesota, teams that usually have a good running game, I think he'd have multiple Super Bowl rings by now.

People love to blame Stafford, forgetting the misery that came with the carousel of failed quarterbacks that we had for decades and decades before he arrived. You really want to pitch Stafford to the curb and risk going back to that? Thanks but no thanks.
    I've defended Stafford many times through the years, but those days are gone. It's time to change direction. His career is no different than a team's NFL season. By the end, you are exactly what your record says it is. I'm not blaming him. A change of scenery may well benefit him more than us, but it's time for a change.

It would be a good year for the Lions to go 0-16 or 2-14. Both Quinn and Patricia can get canned, and we get a new QB through the draft. Yep, rebuilding again sucks, but it's become obvious this arrangement isn't working.

Our # 1 pick was originally slated to play every 3rd series on defense. He had a lousy training camp, suffered a hamstring injury, and has yet to grasp the subtleties of an NFL defensive scheme. Now he'll probably start this week against Green Bay's # 1 receiver due to injuries. I wish him well, but considering how much time the Lions gave Trubisky to survey the field in the pocket last week, I smell an all-around torching on Sunday.

Great effort by Adrian Peterson last week. What does that tell us about Kerryon Johnson and his 8 carries ? Add another player to the Lions' 2nd round draft woes ? Would that really be a surprise to anyone ?

I think Matt Patty's binge eating gained him another 20-30 lbs. during quarantine. There are NFL nutrition experts for every team. However I can only guess that expertise doesn't extend to the coaching staff.

This team is schizophrenic. I wouldn’t be shocked at all if they beat GB at Lambo on Sunday. Not expecting a win, wouldn’t put money on
    this team but if they do win, wouldn’t be surprised.

Sorry, but I took a knee against all those foosball players who hate America. Go on, take your shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Sorry, but I took a knee against all those foosball players who hate America. Go on, take your shots.
    Ray, for a guy that is not interested in the Lions you sure do post a lot on a thread about the Lions.

Do you sit in your very neat and orderly garage and throw darts at a spinning wheel festooned with thread-jacking post-it notes? Which ever random note you hit is chosen to do ... what.

What is it you want? For people to argue with you about kneeling? You really want to make a stand supporting the murder of George Floyd or countless other Americans? Is an argument truly on your bucket list?

This thread is about the Detroit suckass Lions. Not your asswipe Raiders.

Can you give it a rest? I know you don’t have a lawn to yell at kids to stay off of, but can’t you find some fluffy dog to kick?

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post

Can you give it a rest? I know you don’t have a lawn to yell at kids to stay off of, but can’t you find some fluffy dog to kick?
    No. Maybe I'll take a shot at the cat....................

Lions’ defense stinks. Three win season gets them more high draft picks. Sad but it’s just a game played by rich guys.

SAME OLE LOSING LIONS!!

Bad case of Pack attack!

Lions 21
    Packers 42

You're fault Stafford, You're back luck!

Two down fourteen to go 0-2

Lions’ defense stinks. Three win season gets them more high draft picks. Sad but it’s just a game played by rich guys.
    You got that right. Patricia, quit the Lions when you got the chance. Get out of there.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast