Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    While were talking about football, I just got a sneak-peak at the new logo for the Washington Redskins.

Attachment 40540
    Not funny. And I don't mean it's politically incorrect. I just mean it's not even slightly humorous.

Freep:

On Wednesday, RotoWire's Patrick Daughtery began a countdown of the top general managers in the NFL. He omitted the two new GMs in the league, Cleveland's Andrew Berry and Washington's Ron Rivera.

Daughtery ranked Lions GM Bob Quinn No. 30.

Dead last.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Freep:

On Wednesday, RotoWire's Patrick Daughtery began a countdown of the top general managers in the NFL. He omitted the two new GMs in the league, Cleveland's Andrew Berry and Washington's Ron Rivera.

Daughtery ranked Lions GM Bob Quinn No. 30.

Dead last.
    I think that ranking is very apt. Not to belabor the point, but last season why on earth did the Lions not have a suitable backup QB? Those two guys they used were horrible. When other teams lose their starting OB they don’t automatically lose every game like the Lions did.

Why: Those two-dudes are incompetent, GM was never a GM, HC was never a HC before they were hired by the inept owner[[s).

Quinn: 27-36-1 [[4-yrs)
    Patricia: 9-19-1 [[2-yrs)

SOL: and they still have their desk/chair/coffee in the organization where losing is accepted. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Why: Those two-dudes are incompetent, GM was never a GM, HC was never a HC before they were hired by the inept owner[[s).

Quinn: 27-36-1 [[4-yrs)
    Patricia: 9-19-1 [[2-yrs)

SOL: and they still have their desk/chair/coffee in the organization where losing is accepted. . . .
    Yes thank you for repeating that for us for 200th time as if no one could come up with that for themselves. Jesus....

Matthew Stafford False Positive........

Thank god for so many reasons. Delighted that his family isn’t exposed to him, happy that he won’t miss any games [[if there are any) from this. Remember what happened when he went on the IR last season. Hoping for some better results this year.

Not meaning to thread hijack, here, but for what it's worth: The Las Vegas Raiders [[that vagabond team that was in Oakland) has announced that all of their games will be played in empty stadiums. That, despite a brand new playpen that cost over 1 1/2 billion dollars to build just off of the strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Not meaning to thread hijack, here, but for what it's worth: The Las Vegas Raiders [[that vagabond team that was in Oakland) has announced that all of their games will be played in empty stadiums. That, despite a brand new playpen that cost over 1 1/2 billion dollars to build just off of the strip.
    That's the best case scenario. I doubt the NFL plays.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I’m not so sure about that. Personally, I think the season will begin at some point, not sure if they can make it all the way to the Super Bowl. Remember there’s only one game per week, per team. The money is just too huge to forgo, the ratings this season should be off the charts.

I am certain the season will start, there is just too much money to lose to not even attempt a season. However the NFL, in all of it's arrogance, still doesn't have a standardized plan to execute the season. They have had MONTHS to come up with protocols, and I feel like there is nothing substantial in place.

The Lions open the season against the Bears. I don’t think the Bears are very good, I think the Lions are somewhat improved. Of course, I’m not entirely sure the season is going to happen but I think it will. It would be nice if the Lions got out of the gate with a win, I think this is a very winnable game.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    The Lions open the season against the Bears. I don’t think the Bears are very good, I think the Lions are somewhat improved. Of course, I’m not entirely sure the season is going to happen but I think it will. It would be nice if the Lions got out of the gate with a win, I think this is a very winnable game.
    I just don't see how the NFL plays without a bubble, which there are no plans for with that many players and staff. If MLB can barely keep things going how can the NFL, a contact sport, possibly expect to? MLB cancels games every time there is one positive test and then schedules doubleheaders. What will the NFL do?

What will they do: scramble, like the rest.

Many are thankful the useless unwatchable meaningless pre-season games were eliminated.

I just don't see how the NFL plays without a bubble, which there are no plans for with that many players and staff. If MLB can barely keep things going how can the NFL, a contact sport, possibly expect to? MLB cancels games every time there is one positive test and then schedules doubleheaders. What will the NFL do?
    Good question, who knows if they can pull it off even for a portion of the season. Same exact questions can be asked about any of the college conferences if they actually play.

I’m biased, I just want to see some football this fall.

The kickoff to the 2020 season took place a few minutes ago in Kansas City. Unsurprisingly the theme of Social Justice wove its way through the entire pregame activities.

In a very diminished crowd of 17,000 the boos outnumbered the cheers as the NFL tried to tight walk its way through the kneel/stand minefield.

The KC Chiefs stood whereas their opponents, the Houston Texans, elected to stay in the locker room.

After the anthem, both teams made it to the center of the field and linked arms in a sign of unity.

Boos aplenty.

All that being an aside, the topic I would like to address is BoldAzzPredictions for our Lions 2020 season.

Currently the NFL plans for each team to play a 16 game schedule.

My B.A.P. for 2020 is 12 and 4. That’s right. 12 wins and 4 loses.

To be considered eligible for a treasure trove of virtual prizes your BAP needs to be posted before kickoff Sunday, September 13th at 1pm.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    The kickoff to the 2020 season took place a few minutes ago in Kansas City. Unsurprisingly the theme of Social Justice wove its way through the entire pregame activities.

In a very diminished crowd of 17,000 the boos outnumbered the cheers as the NFL tried to tight walk its way through the kneel/stand minefield.

The KC Chiefs stood whereas their opponents, the Houston Texans, elected to stay in the locker room.

After the anthem, both teams made it to the center of the field and linked arms in a sign of unity.

Boos aplenty.

All that being an aside, the topic I would like to address is BoldAzzPredictions for our Lions 2020 season.

To be considered eligible for a treasure trove of virtual prizes your BAP needs to be posted before kickoff Sunday, September 13th at 1pm.
    That’s bold without doubt. Put me down for 8-8. As bold as I could possibly get with Quinn still filling the roster.

.500 is their ceiling with Matty P in charge. And even that's a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post

Boos aplenty.

I love your optimism, I just do not share it when it comes to the Lions. I would say 8 and 8. Maybe 9 and 7. Maybe 7 and 9. While I think they may be somewhat improved, I don’t see them winning 10 games even if Stafford stays healthy.
    Vegas has them at 6.5 wins. They are usually pretty smart, I’m not but that number makes sense to me.

Defund the NFL!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Defund the NFL!
    I'm with you, Wheels. I'm taking a knee to all pro sports. Candy assed overpaid babies. And I'm being polite.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Defund the NFL!
    I agree. Half a billion dollar, 10 year contract for Patrick Mahomes is totally obscene.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I agree. Half a billion dollar, 10 year contract for Patrick Mahomes is totally obscene.
    With no fans in the stands, and only TV income to supplement the owner's bank accounts, I suspect salaries will need to be modified.

2020 Detroit Lions

7-9 lost another playoff spot. Same Ole' Lions.

Defund the Lions!

SAME OLE LIONS!!! Can't shoot a Grizzly Bear!

Lions 23
    Bears 27

After a game winning TD out of the long bomb high school pass! Didn't see that coming!

1 down 15 to go.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast