Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Seems to me that Detroit is the home town of four totally losing sports teams. And you folks still talk about them! Quit buying tickets. Simple as that.

Don't know if you realize this yet, Ray, but we haven't been attending games or buying tickets since March or so. That hasn't changed anything. So, what else do you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by townonenorth View Post
    Don't know if you realize this yet, Ray, but we haven't been attending games or buying tickets since March or so. That hasn't changed anything. So, what else do you suggest?
    Don't be so hard on him. He doesn't believe there's a pandemic and never watches the spoiled, rich athletes so he probably didn't realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by townonenorth View Post
    I meant when they allow payers in again. But many of you sheep will still flock to see the herd.

I'm now convinced Patricia will get the boot, maybe even before the end of the year. Don't know about Quinn, however. Given the Ford family's history in such matters, he'll probably be given one last chance to hire a coach to turn things around. Usually easier to replace a coach than a GM.

Personally, I'd like to see a total housecleaning, and that extends to trading Stafford. We need a whole new 'tude around this team and that includes a young, dynamic QB [[assuming one can be had in the draft). Maybe package Matthew with some mid-round picks to move up in the draft.

Organizational leadership starts at the top and trickles down to the field. There has existed a generational void in accountability from this ownership, this has generationally [[long time) reflected on field product. ZERO vision...ZERO accountability...these replaced with overdue, irrelevant at this point platitudes like....'playoffs this year or else' or 'i like Matt'.

Ford Hemp don't want this team, it was thrust upon her, the story of which your local media won't tell you [[even as they want you to pay for content).
    This team was taken from Junior because he embarrassed his father [[or seriously pissed clay off, however you want to characterize it) for making public remarks that led to millen resignation

This family squabble ensured that Clay's legacy of abysmal leadership would survive him, it has.
    Ford jr showed leadership and accountability by pushing back at dad and standing up for us, the fans. What he get for it? No longer involved in the team he was the heir apparent to. Think about it...if you seriously love this team, you would never buy another f'ing ticket.
    Man up!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastside... View Post
    This family squabble ensured that Clay's legacy of abysmal leadership would survive him, it has.
    Ford jr showed leadership and accountability by pushing back at dad and standing up for us, the fans. What he get for it? No longer involved in the team he was the heir apparent to. Think about it...if you seriously love this team, you would never buy another f'ing ticket.
    Man up!
    Totally agree with all that, nothing to argue with at all except that there’s only 8 regular season games and I enjoy going to some of them. Does that make me a bad person? I would have liked to go to the Saints game, mostly to watch Drew Brees, but I know my money should not be spent supporting that team.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbak View Post
    I'm now convinced Patricia will get the boot, maybe even before the end of the year. Don't know about Quinn, however. Given the Ford family's history in such matters, he'll probably be given one last chance to hire a coach to turn things around. Usually easier to replace a coach than a GM.

Personally, I'd like to see a total housecleaning, and that extends to trading Stafford. We need a whole new 'tude around this team and that includes a young, dynamic QB [[assuming one can be had in the draft). Maybe package Matthew with some mid-round picks to move up in the draft.
    We have needed a total housecleaning for years now, the Fords don't have the balls to do it. Even when Quinn was hired he was forced to keep Caldwell. I agree they need to sell the farm!

I remember the Ref picked up that flag late in playoff loss @ Dallas...good chance we win game with a first down. Afterward, Bill Ford Jr was quoted "I'll never get over that".
    That's who we need running this team, an owner who is a passionate fan, a fan who feels as we do... precisely this has been missing all these years. Clay and Martha would have us think Jr is Fredo.
    Hemp is best suited to carry her dad's apathetic legacy.
    Stafford is perfect franchise QB here, winning is ok, losing ok too...that's the culture.

Some time ago, Chris Illich was asked about the job security of Jeff Blashill. He deferred to the man he hired to make those decisions, Stevie. Smart guy.
    Leadership 101, hire someone then let them do the job you entrusted to them.

"I love Jim Caldwell", you can't say that to the media after you hired Quinn. You can't f'ing do that. Myself personally, I liked Caldwell too and didn't think he should get canned, but that ain't the point. You don't entrust the the job of General Manager to a guy...and first order of business, undermine his autonomy to do that job. Clay-Mart do.
    Then in year whatever you say "playoffs or else". Ok Clay-Mart, you didn't let the guy do his job day one, now you interfere and influence who he takes in draft for short term of keeping his job, instead of maybe what's in long term interest of franchise [[Tua, not saying he would have but he might have..
    I would have)

Matty Patty's job is on the line of the Lions lose against the so-called Washington Redskins.

Guess what "washed-up" [[local sports media labeled them) QB's Brees, Rivers, & Cousins all have in common?

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Guess what "washed-up" [[local sports media labeled them) QB's Brees, Rivers, & Cousins all have in common?
    All used to be mail carriers in the offseason? Each of them has an uncle named Larry? I dunno. I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    You can be both washed up and capable of beating the Lions.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    You can be both washed up and capable of beating the Lions.
    Bingo!

Along with all of them are currently rated/ranked "higher" than GOB Stafferd. . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Matty Patty's job is on the line of the Lions lose against the so-called Washington Redskins.
    His job should be on the line regardless. And the name is Washington Football Team. Redskins is banned from the vocabulary.

Sheila needs to start the due diligence yesterday. . .at 3-5, the odds of making the playoffs to go nowhere are <7%.

2020 playoff predictions are out at after 8 games/midway, Lions not mentioned at all - gee, what a surprise?

Anybody believe those boston bozo's will get their Patriots overpaid coffee-boy gig back?

I find it kinda funny that I'm not seeing any press or TV comments about cash inflow to pro sports teams. They've gotta be bleeding terribly during this Covind-19 stuff, yet not a word has been said in the press. Jocks still get a paragraph for signing for x point million over and over. But, outside of some TV commercial bullshit, where are the bucks coming from? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I find it kinda funny that I'm not seeing any press or TV comments about cash inflow to pro sports teams. They've gotta be bleeding terribly during this Covind-19 stuff, yet not a word has been said in the press. Jocks still get a paragraph for signing for x point million over and over. But, outside of some TV commercial bullshit, where are the bucks coming from? Asking for a friend.
    I don’t think the NFL team owners have to open their doors to make obscene money [[don’t know about the other sports) I think that the TV money brings them all they need. Of course they want 80,000 people in the stands drinking $9.00 beers, but I don’t feel too badly for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    His job should be on the line regardless. And the name is Washington Football Team. Redskins is banned from the vocabulary.
    The league won’t allow the term “Redskins” because some consider it offensive but they will allow kneeling during the national anthem even thought some consider it offensive. In the case of kneeling, they’re not just allowing it, there promoting it. How does the league decide which fans to offend and which fans to protect from offense?

Name:  skins [[2).jpg
Views: 549
Size:  103.1 KB
    Last edited by CassTechGrad; November-14-20 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    The league won’t allow the term “Redskins” because some consider it offensive but they will allow kneeling during the national anthem even thought some consider it offensive. In the case of kneeling, they’re not just allowing it, there promoting it. How does the league decide which fans to offend and which fans to protect from offense?

Name:  skins [[2).jpg
Views: 549
Size:  103.1 KB

They should just name them the Washington Red Potatoes then... As far as the kneeling goes, I'll keep my comments to myself on that.....

People think the concerns over the virus are overblown. Hasn't the NCAA & the NFL offered prove that what scientists are telling us is true ? If you get together with a large group of people and linger around, bad things are going to happen. Has there been any team that's been untouched by the virus ?

I think Kenny Galloway has already decided to leave the Lions. I also think Matt Stafford may very well retire after this season.

When we played Washington last year everyone chalked it up as a win. As bad as they were, I saw 3 players on Washington's defense that were far better than any of ours, took the 'skins, and chalked up an easy victory in a couple 'pick the winners' pools. I see a repeat.

A friend asked at what point did you know the Lions were on the wrong path with Quinn & Patty. I told him our 3rd trade with New England.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    People think the concerns over the virus are overblown. Hasn't the NCAA & the NFL offered prove that what scientists are telling us is true ? If you get together with a large group of people and linger around, bad things are going to happen. Has there been any team that's been untouched by the virus ?

I think Kenny Galloway has already decided to leave the Lions. I also think Matt Stafford may very well retire after this season.

When we played Washington last year everyone chalked it up as a win. As bad as they were, I saw 3 players on Washington's defense that were far better than any of ours, took the 'skins, and chalked up an easy victory in a couple 'pick the winners' pools. I see a repeat.

A friend asked at what point did you know the Lions were on the wrong path with Quinn & Patty. I told him our 3rd trade with New England.
    The Lions could always franchise Golladay for next year. As far as Stafford goes, I’m not sure when his contract is over but I would doubt he’s going to turn his back on 20 million to retire, unless a health issue stops his career. It would be nice if he was traded to a team that might contend next year, but I don’t think that’ll happen either.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast