Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I think its a crossroads game in that you can discover if this team can compete with anybody in this league. If they cant completely run over the Jags [[bottom of the barrel) this week, then win some of their remaining games then maybe this thing should be totally blown up.

I think it should be an interesting game, I'll be watching it.
    If they lose to Jacksonville, Sheila Ford Hamp should cut bait on Quinntricia ASAP. Atlanta and Houston didn't wait.

Forget those has been Detroit Lions. Detroit or other cities might get the XFL!

https://k1025.com/michigan-xfl-2020/

Dak Prescott goes down with a terrible injury. He’s gone until next season at the earliest, or maybe he won’t ever come back from this. He gets carted off, the Cowboys bring out a very able Andy Dalton who was waiting in the wings. What’s my point? Last season, when Matthew Stafford had his back injury, the Lions had no decent back up OB and lost every game the remainder of the way. Of course, Dallas is a great organization, with an involved owner that has won playoff games and Super Bowls and the Lions are the Lions.
    Last edited by softailrider; October-15-20 at 04:02 AM.

Dak Prescott goes down with a terrible injury. He’s gone until next season at the earliest, or maybe he won’t ever come back from this. He gets carted off, the Cowboys bring out a very able Andy Dalton who was waiting in the wings. What’s my point? Last season, when Matthew Stafford had his back injury, the Lions had no decent back up OB and lost every game the remainder of the way. Of course, Dallas is a great organization, with an involved owner that has won playoff games and Super Bowls and the Lions are the Lions.
    With all due respect, Dallas hasn't won anything since the mid 90's, with Aikman, Smith and Irvin. They're drought is as long as the Lions, they just happen to have a rich owner who's involved and they are the most valued franchise on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    With all due respect, Dallas hasn't won anything since the mid 90's, with Aikman, Smith and Irvin. They're drought is as long as the Lions, they just happen to have a rich owner who's involved and they are the most valued franchise on the planet.
    The Cowboys have won numerous playoff games and multiple Super Bowls. The Lions have won exactly one playoff game in over 62 years. In my mind there is no absolutely comparison between the two franchises.

The Cowboys have won numerous playoff games and multiple Super Bowls. The Lions have won exactly one playoff game in over 62 years. In my mind there is no absolutely comparison between the two franchises.
    Who's comparing them? reading is fundamental. Obviously they are the better franchise. My point is they have had a drought, and haven't won a SB since 1996. Since 1996, they have missed the playoffs 14 times, and lost in the 1st or 2nd round 9 times. Kinda like the Dodgers, another storied franchise that has won 8 straight division titles and haven't won a WS since 1988.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; October-17-20 at 05:29 PM.

Lucky Lions they won the battle of the pussy cats.

Lions 34
    Jaguars 16

Your job is saved for the moment Matty Patty.

2-3

Five down eleven to go.
    Last edited by Danny; October-18-20 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Lucky Lions they won the battle of the pussy cats.

Lions 34
    Jaguars 16

Your job is saved for the moment Matty Patty.

2-3

Five down eleven to go.
    This was like me winning a footrace against a two year old.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    This was like me winning a footrace against a two year old.
    Totally agree, that game proved nothing. The Jaguars are absolutely horrid. The Lions have games coming up with some really bad teams, they should get a few mores wins. The hell with tanking for draft picks - been there done that for about 60 years, hasn’t worked out very well.

Totally agree, that game proved nothing. The Jaguars are absolutely horrid. The Lions have games coming up with some really bad teams, they should get a few mores wins. The hell with tanking for draft picks - been there done that for about 60 years, hasn’t worked out very well.
    The Lions got the running game going. That's fine going against a Pop Warner Team named Jacksonville Jaguars. I want to more trick running games against a Super Bowl Champion Football Team like the N.E. Patriots [[ Oh Wait! Since Brady is Gone! The Patriots are now a High School Football team once again!).

I drank down a big jug of kool-aid to wash down my cornbread dinner. Then I read this Dave Burkett article explaining how, if the Lions go 5 and 1 over the next 6 games they can be in the chase for that expanded wild card spot available. So, I’m going to be watching them Sunday when they play the Falcons and start there march towards the playoffs!

Excuse me now, I think I’m going to shake my head around real hard and try and come to my senses.

I drank down a big jug of kool-aid to wash down my cornbread dinner. Then I read this Dave Burkett article explaining how, if the Lions go 5 and 1 over the next 6 games they can be in the chase for that expanded wild card spot available. So, I’m going to be watching them Sunday when they play the Falcons and start there march towards the playoffs!

Excuse me now, I think I’m going to shake my head around real hard and try and come to my senses.
    Eh, you'll come to your senses sooner than later. The lions won't disappoint!!
    My wolverines will tomorrow....
    They're about as predictable as the lions anymore

They might surprise me, but I doubt it. Atlanta has a good offense, they can score a lot of points. They easily could be 3-3 instead of 1-5 as they've blown leads, like the Lions. The Lions defense isn't capable of stopping them IMO. They don't have a pass rush, and Jones and Ridley are very good WR's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    They might surprise me, but I doubt it. Atlanta has a good offense, they can score a lot of points. They easily could be 3-3 instead of 1-5 as they've blown leads, like the Lions. The Lions defense isn't capable of stopping them IMO. They don't have a pass rush, and Jones and Ridley are very good WR's.

And yet the Lions stopped the Falcon offense.

Lions: 23
    Falcons: 22

3-3 with 10 games left.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post

3-3 with 10 games left.
    I'm actually REALLY shocked at the finish of the game. Detroit is anything but clutch. About freaking time! Good for them. I'll always be a cynical lions fan of course, but a fan nonetheless. I think it's possible they could finish close to .500 which I would be happy with. If the lions had better defense they could actually get in the playoffs and WIN in the playoffs.

And you guys thought 6-10 was out of reach.

Close call putty tats!

Lions 23
    Falcons 22

Nice trick Stafford, holding the clock for a risky game winning touchdown!

But they can do better than that against any Pop Warner losing teams.

3-3

Six down ten to go.
    Last edited by Danny; October-25-20 at 04:42 PM.

Cornbread and kool-aid. It’s tasty and refreshing all in one - there ain’t no better combination that that!

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post

3-3 with 10 games left.
    I stand corrected. Now lets see if they can beat the Colts at home next week.

Fun game. It was identical to the season opener, except that the winning TD pass was not dropped.

To think the Lions are just one easy dropped pass from 4-2.

Just to be clear, the defense letting the Bears march down the field to the end zone three times in the 4th quarter was the reason that they lost that game. Swift's dropped pass was unfortunate, but it never should have even come down to that, not when you start the quarter up three scores.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    Just to be clear, the defense letting the Bears march down the field to the end zone three times in the 4th quarter was the reason that they lost that game. Swift's dropped pass was unfortunate, but it never should have even come down to that, not when you start the quarter up three scores.
    All of the above is very true, the Lions defense in that game and others this season has been porous. However, that rookie should have caught that pass, it was right in his arms.

There is official trade deal.

Lions will get defensive end Everson Griffen for a sixth-round pick in 2021, NFL Draft.

Let's see what he could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    There is official trade deal.

Lions will get defensive end Everson Griffen for a sixth-round pick in 2021, NFL Draft.

Let's see what he could do.
    He can't be any worse than what they have now. He's 32 years old now, maybe he has a few sacks left. He use to wreck havoc when he was a Viking. Lions are 28th in sacks this year, damn near the bottom.

Here it comes: The Tease.

This is the peek-a-boo time. The teasie-time. The time in which our beloved lions will entice you and me to get all frothy and climb on the bandwagon. The tumescence train.

Free cornbread and fresh squeezed kook-aid.

We will get a stretch of brilliance, of circus catches and power runs, of Pick sixes and Lockdown defense.

We will get all frothy and feisty and will make Sunday afternoons in November our time to commune in Socially Distanced freaky deakiness.

Barcoloungers beware.

Friends, this upcoming run of victories -and near victories - will incite long buried passions and will conjure up images of grown men painted Honolulu Blue beating their chests in a collective orgy of mass psychosis.

Teasie-weenie-lemon-squeezie. Butter-up, buttercup.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast