Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Sometimes these Stream of Consciousness rants are as perplexing to reread as they are disturbing. Seemingly it is difficult figuring out where the funny ends and the seriousness begins.

Don’t fall for the Okee-doke

This move signing Griffin, just validates that Quinntricia will be back next season. At 3-3, they're thinking is as buyers not sellers, and that they can make a playoff push.

They have beaten nobody. They will offer up enough fool's gold to trick the Ford family into extending their reign of incompetent mediocrity to the middle of the decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    This move signing Griffin, just validates that Quinntricia will be back next season. At 3-3, they're thinking is as buyers not sellers, and that they can make a playoff push.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    They have beaten nobody. They will offer up enough fool's gold to trick the Ford family into extending their reign of incompetent mediocrity to the middle of the decade.
    I agree totally, basically what I just said. I want them gone.

After my Spartans totally embarrassed the 'pompous asses down the road' yesterday, I can't help but root for the for the rare weekend football sweep. C'mon Pussycats !! 4-3 sure sounds a lot better than 3-4, even if it is false hope.
    I might have to turn the sound down if they give us broadcast team 'H' again today. Those guys last week were clueless & useless.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Here it comes: The Tease.

This is the peek-a-boo time. The teasie-time. The time in which our beloved lions will entice you and me to get all frothy and climb on the bandwagon. The tumescence train.

Free cornbread and fresh squeezed kook-aid.

We will get a stretch of brilliance, of circus catches and power runs, of Pick sixes and Lockdown defense.

We will get all frothy and feisty and will make Sunday afternoons in November our time to commune in Socially Distanced freaky deakiness.

Barcoloungers beware.

Friends, this upcoming run of victories -and near victories - will incite long buried passions and will conjure up images of grown men painted Honolulu Blue beating their chests in a collective orgy of mass psychosis.

Teasie-weenie-lemon-squeezie. Butter-up, buttercup.
    Very thought provoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    After my Spartans totally embarrassed the 'pompous asses down the road' yesterday, I can't help but root for the for the rare weekend football sweep. C'mon Pussycats !! 4-3 sure sounds a lot better than 3-4, even if it is false hope.
    I might have to turn the sound down if they give us broadcast team 'H' again today. Those guys last week were clueless & useless.
    Even though I'm a Michigan fan I'm not sure what they could still be pompous about. They've been mediocre to bad for a decade and this loss, to an equally crappy team, should be the end of Harbaugh's 5 year failure. While I do feel somewhat bad for the guy - how many other coaches would have left success in the NFL to try and return their alma mater to glory? -it's time he paid the price for his failure. And yes, you were right when you said your hope was false.
    Last edited by 401don; November-01-20 at 03:41 PM.

Same ole' Lions defense sucked by the 4th Quarter. Couldn't tame a bunch of wild horses.

Colts 41
    Lions 21

3-4

Seven down Nine to go.

Back under 500 again!!! Don't know how to maintain leads.
    Last edited by Danny; November-01-20 at 05:09 PM.

GO GREEN! Lombardi made his great grandad proud.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Even though I'm a Michigan fan I'm not sure what they could still be pompous about. They've been mediocre to bad for a decade and this loss, to an equally crappy team, should be the end of Harbaugh's 5 year failure. While I do feel somewhat bad for the guy - how many other coaches would have left success in the NFL to try and return their alma mater to glory? -it's time he paid the price for his failure. And yes, you were right when you said your hope was false.
    Wolverines will have a sucky season this year! Their defense is nonsense. They get ready for Penn State and Ohio State.

For the life of me, I can never understand why people are 'Boola Boola" over college sports and a bunch of over-steroid late teens as to who can win a stupid game. Just sayin'.

The Lions self destructed, as they generally do. That penalty to Shelton was a killer, took the wind out of their sails. Stafford seemed like he lost interest in the 2nd half.

Stafford must have a detached retina because he can’t see for shit.

Hell, I could see better and I was watching on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Stafford seemed like he lost interest in the 2nd half.
    Stafford lost interest in football when the Lions signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Stafford lost interest in football when the Lions signed him.

Fire Stafford. And reboot the whole new team. Let's try to hire physically fit young people 22 years to 30 to join the Lions. Forget those college draft gloating nobodies.

Golladay is injured. Is he going to play next time. I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Since Quinn and Patricia are on a win now mission, Tua was never going to make any sense. Better than last year but still no playoffs. With no fans will they play a boos soundtrack to make the boys feel at home.

You mean they are in a lose lose mission.

Couldn't you just smell the Shelton penalty coming about 10 seconds before it happened ? As I stared out the window in my lazy-boy, I took yesterday afternoon's little snow squall during the game as an omen that sealed their fate.....'out of contention again before the snow flies'.

I wish they allowed fans. It would be interesting just to see which morons would pay $250 a ticket, buy $9 dollar beer, and risk a covid infection to watch that debacle.

Lions win 2, then lose 2. At Minnesota smells like a loss to me. Dalvin Cook is going to shred that defense.

Anyone see how "washed-up" old man Philip Rivers at 38 years-old was yesterday, just like Drew Brees a couple weeks ago who could not throw a pass past 20-yards?

Why in the hell do the local beat writers & radio/TV jockeys continue to propagate this "fake news" narrative?

The Boston Laurel & Hardy comedy team has to go, take Stafferd too. . . . . . .sooner/better.

Name:  20201102_152118.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  49.0 KB

I gave them everything I had yesterday as far as support....including the pre-smoke before kickoff. I've got nothing left in the enthusiasm tank.

I wonder if Calvin grew that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Anyone see how "washed-up" old man Philip Rivers at 38 years-old was yesterday, just like Drew Brees a couple weeks ago who could not throw a pass past 20-yards?

Why in the hell do the local beat writers & radio/TV jockeys continue to propagate this "fake news" narrative?

The Boston Laurel & Hardy comedy team has to go, take Stafferd too. . . . . . .sooner/better.
    Brees and Rivers have both been terrible this season. There is plenty of statistical documentation of this which you can Google on your own time.

Looking at this game, Rivers struggled to throw anything over 15 yards yesterday. The Colts won by maximizing time of possession, using the running game and short pass/screen attack. The Lions defense is bottom of the league and doesn't get many takeaways. Colts were able to sustain drives and monopolize time of possession. Winning formula.

Name:  20201102_152118.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  49.0 KB

I gave them everything I had yesterday as far as support....including the pre-smoke before kickoff. I've got nothing left in the enthusiasm tank.

I wonder if Calvin grew that ?
    ...lol!

With the beat downs taken by both the Wolverines & Spartans yesterday, we now have a full 6 pack of crappy teams. Not sure this has ever happened in Michigan sports history.

Same ole losing Lions!

Plundered by the Vikings

Vikings 34
    Lions 20

Offense sucks! defense sucks! The whole team sucks!

Stafford still have his bad lucks and he's got to go!

Matty Patty may be fired soon.

3-5

Eight down Eight to go.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast