Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    So Why is it necessary to provide both public and private paid options,it could be argued that the countries providing that option those who cannot afford the private option are also excluded?

If you are receiving the same level of care,the private option would not exist because everybody would just use the public option that they already pay for in taxes,so they are not only paying for a service that they are not using they are paying an increased cost for the private option.

Canada's system is open to those who pay into it and to those who cannot afford to pay into it.

What is the cost difference between those who pay into It verses the private sector costs compared to the US private sector healthcare?

Private Clinics

In addition to public health care providers such as primary care doctors and hospitals, many private clinics offering specialized services also operate in Canada.
    Under federal law, private clinics are not legally allowed to provide services covered by the Canada Health Act. Regardless of this legal issue, many do offer such services.
    The advantage of private clinics is that they typically offer services with reduced wait times compared to the public health care system. For example, obtaining an MRI scan in a hospital could require a waiting period of months, whereas it could be obtained much faster in a private clinic.
    Private clinics are a subject of controversy, as some feel that their existence unbalances the health care system and favors treatments to those with higher incomes.
    Costs in private clinics are usually covered by private insurance policies, which will typically pay around 80% of the costs.

http://www.canadian-healthcare.org/page6.html

That is an obscure and dated website.

Its also misleading at best.

I have no issue showing that except I could spend all my time here disproving the nonsense you dig up.

I have better things to do.

Yes there are some private clinics doing some things, which vary by province, but they are not a material part of the system.

Here, of course I mean private in the for-profit sense or the competes w/the public system sense.

Since as explained repeatedly all medical practice in Canada is private; its just publicly insured/funded.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    That is an obscure and dated website.

Its also misleading at best.

I have no issue showing that except I could spend all my time here disproving the nonsense you dig up.

I have better things to do.

Yes there are some private clinics doing some things, which vary by province, but they are not a material part of the system.

Here, of course I mean private in the for-profit sense or the competes w/the public system sense.

Since as explained repeatedly all medical practice in Canada is private; its just publicly insured/funded.
    The study, by University of British Columbia and University of Toronto researchers, shows that overall Canadians paid $6.8 billion more in premiums than they received in benefits in 2011.
    Approximately 60 per cent of Canadians have private health insurance. Typically obtained as a benefit of employment or purchased by individuals, private health insurance usually covers prescription drugs, dental services and eye care costs not paid by public health care.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-...th-canada.html

Are you saying that both university of British Columbia and the university of Toronto are misleading and providing false information?

I can email them for clarification.

If 60% of Canadians have private health insurance and it is also publicly funded as you say?

Instead of saying I am spewing nonsense how about you use your superior knowledge and explain to me the concept of public funded,private healthcare??

You are trying to sell and support a system by saying shut the *uck up and trust me,I know what is best,

I guess if you tell me that the University of Toronto and the University of British Columbia are low rate institutions then I would understand the level of knowledge a bit more and accept that they are dime store learning institutions.

So is the private healthcare system funded by the public healthcare system in Canada? As you posted.

Yes or no ?

Does the word,private,in the Canadian medical field have a different meaning then in the United States?

If you have better things to do then to explain the system why are you even bothering to get involved in the discussion?

Last edited by Richard; April-28-20 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The study, by University of British Columbia and University of Toronto researchers, shows that overall Canadians paid $6.8 billion more in premiums than they received in benefits in 2011.
    Approximately 60 per cent of Canadians have private health insurance. Typically obtained as a benefit of employment or purchased by individuals, private health insurance usually covers prescription drugs, dental services and eye care costs not paid by public health care.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-...th-canada.html

Are you saying that both university of British Columbia and the university of Toronto are misleading and providing false information?

I can email them for clarification.

If 60% of Canadians have private health insurance and it is also publicly funded as you say?

Instead of saying I am spewing nonsense how about you use your superior knowledge and explain to me the concept of public funded,private healthcare??

You are trying to sell and support a system by saying shut the *uck up and trust me,I know what is best,

I guess if you tell me that the University of Toronto and the University of British Columbia are low rate institutions then I would understand the level of knowledge a bit more and accept that they are dime store learning institutions.

So is the private healthcare system funded by the public healthcare system in Canada?

Yes or no ?

Does the word,private,in the Canadian medical field have a different meaning then in the United States?

If you have better things to do then to explain the system why are you even bothering to get involved in the discussion?

That's a different link.

You're a @#$#@

And yes dental is largely uninsured within the public system as I've said in posts time and again.

As are most, out-patient prescriptions if you're a working age adult [[seniors are covered, as are many youth)

That wasn't what you were on about; you were implying something else.

Now just be quiet! You're so full of erroneous information and you just don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    That's a different link.

You're a @#$#@

And yes dental is largely uninsured within the public system as I've said in posts time and again.

As are most, out-patient prescriptions if you're a working age adult [[seniors are covered, as are many youth)

That wasn't what you were on about; you were implying something else.

Now just be quiet! You're so full of erroneous information and you just don't care.
    Thank you for answering the questions in an adult like manner.

It would have been much more informative to just say

Canadian private practices are forbidden to provide procedures that conflict with the public healthcare plan,it was done this way in order to ensure basic coverage no matter what your income is.

Why was it set up that way?

Millionaires will stand in line with paupers.

Private insurance is offered for everything else that is not covered under the basic plan provided by the public plan.

Or you can go across the border

When people support healthcare they always use a multitude of countries as an example of public healthcare,when the truth is every country that provides a national heath plan uses a different system.

Many systems do use a two tiered system,this is what we offer as a basic plan if you want a higher level or faster rate of care you can also purchase true private heath care and pay out of pocket.

That is the system the UK uses along with many others.

Canadas system is one of the only that actually forbids true private healthcare as an alternative option and views it as a competitor.

There is no public healthcare system in the world that provides prompt service and they are all based on waiting in line.

The question remains is when you have an illness that is deemed at the time not an emergency but turns into one while waiting for the two month appointment,one that once addressed has now turned into a life long illness,does it not cost the system more in long term care?

Anyways,when we discuss a public healthcare for all it cannot be a generalized picture based on some other country it has to be tailored to this country with its population and distance.

We cannot say we want to be like Sweden,Canada,UK,etc because none of those are the same.

In the UK,Italy,Canada and some others it is the government that actually controls the level of healthcare for any given region,simply by the allocation of funds.They decide what is deemed to expensive to continue with.
    Last edited by Richard; April-28-20 at 04:33 PM.