Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I edit my posts while I am posting,not after like some do.
    More lying?

This was your post at 2:29 PM yesterday:

^ you do realize there is a big difference in proposing something and actually doing it,where were all of those opposing the previous sell offs now when it was actually sold.

I have a bridge for sale if you think the war in Ukraine is effecting our production capabilities,it was Bidens kill the oil policies that started the slide from out of the gate,because we were producing enough to meet the demand,at a time when the economy was rolling on both barrels,no matter how you twist it - you own this.
    Then I responded at 2:37 with my post #295. And after I posted it, you added this to your post:

As long as you are going to copy and paste for credit

The president may authorize a drawdown from the reserve in response to a “severe energy supply interruption,” the EPCA states. The “interruption” may be a supply shortage which the president determines is “of significant scope and duration, and of an emergency nature; may cause major adverse impact on national safety or the national economy; and results, or is likely to result, from an interruption in the supply of imported petroleum products, or from sabotage or an act of God.”

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/12/u-...f%20petroleum.

It does not say you get to create a policy with the sole intention of creating a shortage,so you can sell off the national reserve.

He had the power to stop the war in Ukraine before it even started,but he did not,wonder why that was?
    And so I responded two minutes later with my post #296.

And then I come back this morning to find you edited your post even further, adding all this:

In August, the White House tried to blame OPEC and Russia for rising gas prices after the Biden administration hamstrung U.S. oil producers with policies that hampered domestic oil and gasoline production and asked for the international community to produce more oil.

At the same time, supplies will be limited by government pressure to curb capex Paris climate agreement goals, assuage demands for environmental, social, and governance investing and pressure to lower carbon emissions.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/energy/b...-administrator

That was back in December of 2021,they already knew what was going to happen.

He made it clear in the primaries,his goal was to cease production in this country and outsource OUR energy needs to Russia and OPEC,what we are seeing now is a result of that.

He was directly lobbying Russia to increase output in order to meet our needs,Russia was already supplying most of Europe,they needed a new source,and Ukraine looked pretty tasty after the largest reserves in the world were discovered there.

That is why he is playing the balancing act,give the Ukraine enough in order for him to save face,but not enough to actually win,sorry Ukraine,we did what we could,hey Russia about that oil?

From senator to president,everything that has happened between Ukraine and Russia has had Biden front and center in all of the decisions.

Biden and Obama allowed Russia to take Crimeia because it had the infrastructure and direct excess to the newly discovered mother load in 2014,from drilling to refineries to distribution all in one neat little package.

This is not a result of the pandemic,it was years of planning all coming to a head,in that plan what is happening now is irrelevant because they are playing the end game,this is all just a step in that game.

The wrench in all of that - He underestimated Russias drive for dominating the world stage in energy and its territorial ambitions in order to re-unite the motherland with her lost sheep.
    So pathetic, always trying to change the narrative. But we know you can't help it.

Except that it had already begun dropping before the 4th weekend; the article is date July 5th and it was already down .11¢
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post

You just KNOW he's going to claim that wasn't editting, don't you? He'll say he ADDED to his post, didn't edit it....
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    More lying?

Then I responded at 2:37 with my post #295. And after I posted it, you added this to your post:

And then I come back this morning to find you edited your post even further, adding all this:

So pathetic, always trying to change the narrative. But we know you can't help it.

Well gee-wiz so much for the good news - overall! ----

The first link DOES UPDATE!

Yet let us now return to the regular broadcast [momentarily interrupted].

Carry on........

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Except that it had already begun dropping before the 4th weekend; the article is date July 5th and it was already down .11¢
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-10-22 at 07:17 PM.

You just KNOW he's going to claim that wasn't editting, don't you? He'll say he ADDED to his post, didn't edit it....
    Note to self: screenshot Richard's posts before and after responding.

More lying?

like I posted ,I add and edit while posting I do not do what some others like to do and take quotes and add your part,this is a discussion and we are not going to change the world with it,some of the stuff you guys come up with in that process border lines on insanity.

It also depends on if I am on cellular or Wi-Fi ,if I am on cellular i cannot stay logged on without having to re-log in every 30 seconds so yea with a long post it takes up to 15 minutes of updating to post it,wi-fi it stays logged in.

I do not add to my posts after somebody responds to it,because that would be deceptive and playing games like others like to do and I do not need to drop to that level.

Maybe if you have a question,just ask before you accuse others of something you do not understand before you just jump right into your forever narrative mode.

But that comes also with a certain level of growing up and not acting like a wet behind the ears 20 yo.

It’s not a competition.

You do not have to screen shot my post,there is a “quote” function,but that would also hinder you in your ability to pick and choose sentences and take things out of context.

It takes up to 3 weeks for the price drop on the crude market to reach the pumps,so if the price per BBL is $100 today and drops to $90 tomorrow you will not see that reflection until at least 3-4 weeks from now.

The daily gasoline price is reflecting what that market was 3-4 weeks ago,in order to get a true picture of price drops and rises you need to look at 30-60-90 day patterns on the sale of crude and the PPB or price per barrel,the price at the pump is meaningless,that price is subject to rise and fall based on market conditions and a lot can change those in 30 days and even on a day to day basis.

Quoting a daily price drop and saying - see the price is falling - is using the instant gratification in people in order to show progress you have to take at least a 30 day average,and even at that because of the 3 week delay you still at not getting a clear picture.

Granted this thread is about the cost at the pump in Detroit specifically but there are many variables that affect that,you do have a refinery in your back yard and less transportation costs.

Countrywide many states are still seeing $6 per gallon so in the bigger picture a daily price drop in a specific city or region is not indicative of the problem is solved,like people like to lead others to believe.
    Last edited by Richard; July-10-22 at 03:02 PM.

What'd I tell you?
    like I posted ,I add and edit while posting I do not do what some others like to do and take quotes and add your part

^ literally nothing in relation to the discussion,what is the point of just discussing personally what you feel about others,nobody cares.

What'd I tell you?
    Yes, I noticed even that post was added to later.

Meanwhile, gasoline exports from this country have doubled in the last six months since the price is so attractive overseas. Approaching a million barrels per day but still less than the record highs of 2017/2018 during the last administration.

Let's face it: if you bought a 16 mpg SUV, you don't care about gas prices. If you are commuting 30 miles to work, you don't care about gas prices. If you sit in line at the McDonald's drive through, you don't care about gas prices. If you leave your car running while you wait for Starbucks to make your mocha, you don't care about gas prices.

Sri Lanka has collapsed due to high fuel and food costs,now with 22 million people with no form of government and nobody willing to step up,the chaos that comes with a starving population is setting in.

The largest rental agency in Germany has put forth shower restrictions to specific hours of the day in order to save energy so there is enough for the coming winter.

Many countries are cutting none essential power consuming utilities such as street lights in order to conserve energy.

Power plants in Europe are switching back to oil and coal due to nat gas shortages.

Power plants in the United States are already warning of consistent black and brownouts during the summer and upcoming winter.

Smaller countries across Europe and the world are on the verges of financial collapse due to high fuel and food prices after struggling financially during the pandemic.

Soon it will not be the price at the pump that determines how much one purchases,it will be like what everybody else experiencing,price becomes irrelevant if you cannot get the product.

Once again,our export numbers are irrelevant,outside of what has been released from the reserve,the rest is low grade crude,it cannot be refined for use as gasoline,kerosene,use in manufacturing etc.

It can be used in power plants,ships etc which basically threw your climate change advancements back 50 years because it burns dirty.
    Last edited by Richard; July-11-22 at 12:09 PM.

I'll take Potpourri for $200 Alex...

"Experiencing a major financial side effect of China's inflexibility for repayment for participating in their Road & Belt Initiative."

"What is Sri Lanka? Alex."
    ______

I'll take "Things That Start With G" for $400 Alex...

"The world's 4th largest economy, which is being proactive against Putin's threats for keeping the pipeline for natural gas shut off beyond the announce repair dates due to support for Ukraine."

"What is Germany? Alex."
    ________

I'll take Southern States for $800 Alex.

"When not being on either the eastern or western US power grids causes power issues in this state whose stubborn governor does nothing about it."

"What is Texas? Alex."
    ________

I'll take Logic for $1000 Alex.

"Describing a series of events that each lead to a continually worsening set of scenarios, even when the evidence does not suggest such an outcome."

"What is a Slippery Slope? Alex."

Last edited by Gistok; July-11-22 at 12:35 PM.

^ people that constantly display what is wrong in the world for $10 Alex.

Blame it on Russia like you are told to do so,the global market started its decline 30 years ago,what part of in 2020 we were energy dependent from the rest of the world are you still confused on ?

You should be doing cartwheels,you helped create the devastation in the rest of the world, No different then you have done in the inner cities of this country for the last 50 years,while you look for reasons to justify it.

Next time you go to get fuel,tell them you will trade your superiority for 10 gallons of gas and see what they say.
    Last edited by Richard; July-11-22 at 12:36 PM.

^Taking unrelated scenarios, lumping them together... AND blaming me for them.... PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ^Taking unrelated scenarios, lumping them together... AND blaming me for them.... PRICELESS!
    Its your mindset that is your downfall,a majority of your power and power to the east coast comes from Canada.

I hate to break it to you slick but sense we are a global economy,everything is related,Sri Lanka is a window into the future on the global scale no different then the City of Detroit was a window into what happens in this country due to bad policy decisions and the impact it has on millions.

Yes you are a part of the problem,you did not like mean tweets so you spent all of your time opposing the policies behind them,now billions of people across the world are paying the price,for actions that you did play a direct role in.

No different then the millions in cities in this country that have been paying the same price for generations.

Your way has proven to leave people broke and in dispare with little hope,while you defend it constantly.Just so you can be a little better then everybody else.

You guys hated the previous administration so much that you took us all the way back to 1941 where we do not know from one minute to the next if we are going to be in WW3,you put hate and politics over millions of lives across the globe,you were willing to sacrifice all of those lives simply because you did not like a president that had a shelf life like every other president in our history.

So yes you did your very best to take us to the brink and as usual you are still looking to blame everybody else.

And now even when faced with the stark realities of your actions,you are still doubling down on them.

When supplies become scarce,who do you think Canada is going to place priority over when it comes to power,Canadians or the east coast of the U.S. ?

To many their pipeline to our southern ports may have not made sense at the time but in times like this,it would have made a major difference,living in the moment of time,only gives a moment of satisfaction.
    Last edited by Richard; July-11-22 at 01:11 PM.

Hey, it's a free market!

The US is a manufacturing country. The refining industry is a manufacturing business, making several complex petrochemical blends, one of which is referred to generically as gasoline. Refiners are free to sell and export their finished goods abroad, wherever they feel they will profit most, just like other US industries. Their exports reflect market conditions. There's no shortage of gasoline in this country. Thankfully, the conservatives in government over the past few decades have been rolling back unnecessary price controls, regulations, tariffs, quotas, and restrictions.

You sound like you're on the verge of begging for the government to step in with artificial barriers to the free flow of resources. Go ahead and admit it. Are you upset that other manufacturers are freely exporting their products from the US?

Once again,our export numbers are irrelevant,outside of what has been released from the reserve,the rest is low grade crude,it cannot be refined for use as gasoline,kerosene,use in manufacturing etc.

It can be used in power plants,ships etc which basically threw your climate change advancements back 50 years because it burns dirty.
    All incorrect. You are either really ignorant or really out of touch with the industry. Most of our shale plays produce high to extremely high gravity liquids, while most of the refining fleet had reconfigured to run a medium heavy grade. Just look at all the Gulf Coast export terminals built in the past few years, all to offload Permian and Bakken shale liquids.

Hey, it's a free market!

The US is a manufacturing country. The refining industry is a manufacturing business, making several complex petrochemical blends, one of which is referred to generically as gasoline. Refiners are free to sell and export their finished goods abroad, wherever they feel they will profit most, just like other US industries. Their exports reflect market conditions. There's no shortage of gasoline in this country. Thankfully, the conservatives in government over the past few decades have been rolling back unnecessary price controls, regulations, tariffs, quotas, and restrictions.

You sound like you're on the verge of begging for the government to step in with artificial barriers to the free flow of resources. Go ahead and admit it. Are you upset that other manufacturers are freely exporting their products from the US?

All incorrect. You are either really ignorant or really out of touch with the industry. Most of our shale plays produce high to extremely high gravity liquids, while most of the refining fleet had reconfigured to run a medium heavy grade. Just look at all the Gulf Coast export terminals built in the past few years, all to offload Permian and Bakken shale liquids.

It was actually under the Obama administration that removed the price restrictions,tariffs quotas etc. concerning the export of petro from the United States.

The reason all of those were in place was to prevent a repeat of the 1970s oil crisis,and not be subject to the whims of the global market,not sure if you were born yet but it was not a very pretty picture countrywide.

At that time the U.S. refiners were producing 18 million barrels per day.

Today it is 11 million that equates to a 7 million per day in reduction.

The gulf coast refineries converted their refineries in order to switch from processing Venezuelan crude to shale which is a totally different base,Biden shut down shale.

In 2018 the United States was the largest oil producer in the world and dominated world prices,which reflected our price at the pumps.

Biden said he was going to have a serious talk with the oil producers in this country about high prices.

The same person that was Vice President in this country when the administration opened up the floodgates that made the exporting of oil more profitable then domestic use.

You can spin it all you want, but to reduce refinery capacity in this country while removing the United States from having the ability to dictate prices to the world by being the dominating supplier to being dictated to by the foreign market in less then 2 years,is the definition of insanity.

“Biden could go to the oil and gas industry and say, ‘OK, I’ve said we’re going to get off oil and gas and that you guys are yesterday’s industry, but I’m going to drop that,'” surmised Myron Ebell, the director of the Competitive Enterprise Institute’s Center for Energy and Environment. “Part of the run up in oil prices is the psychology of it,” he said.Biden could say to the industry: “‘I need your help,'” Ebell said. But so far, it’s been crickets, according to oil executives who’ve been willing to speak out.
    Just last week, CEO Rick Muncrief of Devon Energy — a large driller worth around $40 billion — told Bloomberg that he’d be happy to talk to US officials about upping production. But there’s been no call. “I’m a little mystified that there hasn’t been some dialog,” he said. “It’s not been that long ago that we were asked to drill less, not more,” he said. “They need to be talking about what is it they would really like U.S. producers to do.”

https://nypost.com/2022/03/09/why-bi...ng-oil-prices/

What would be the motive be for the current administration to decrease production in the United States while increasing the dependence on foreign oil ?

How is that helping the taxpayers when it will create a shortfall in the infrastructure budget,where more money has to be raised to replace it,with interest.

If the was the case the individual states could have done the same thing,but they have already calculated the cost verses benefit and figured it was not worth it.

Of course the federal government plays with free money so it does not actually have to make sense.

It was actually under the Obama administration that removed the price restrictions,tariffs quotas etc. concerning the export of petro from the United States.
    The ban was lifted by the Republican led House and Senate in the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015. Much to the delight of the Republicans:

Congress kills U.S. oil export ban

The U.S. Congress voted on Friday to repeal the 40-year-old ban on exporting U.S. crude oil in an energy policy shift sought by Republicans as part of a bipartisan deal that also provided unprecedented tax incentives for wind and solar power.
    Abbott Signs Call to Lift Crude Oil Export Ban

Gov. Greg Abbott on Friday signed a resolution calling the federal ban a “relic from an era of scarcity and flawed price control policies” that should be lifted at a time when the country is awash in low-priced crude. A trio of Texans in Congress is pushing legislation that would overturn the ban.

Supporters of lifting the ban – including virtually all Texas lawmakers and industry regulators – argue that finding more buyers for U.S. crude would prompt more drilling, pouring more cash into the state treasury. Proponents of the status quo fear that a repeal could increase gas prices and spur more drilling that harms the environment.
    Boehner Calls for an End to the Decades-Old Ban on US Oil Exports

"Lifting the ban would create an estimated 1 million jobs here at home, jobs that frankly would be created in every state,” the Ohio Republican said. “It would help bring down prices at the pump for consumers, and it would be good for our allies. … I would support lifting the ban, and hopefully we can work together in a bipartisan fashion to move our energy policies into this century."
    Lol.

At that time the U.S. refiners were producing 18 million barrels per day.

Today it is 11 million that equates to a 7 million per day in reduction.
    Refiners? Or producers? You seem to be confusing the two. Domestic oil production peaked in 1970 at about 9.6 million bbls/day. When the export ban was lifted, production stood at 9.4 MMBbl/day. Production then increased, because of the good old capitalist profit motive, peaking at 12.3 MMBbl/day in 2019. It's still in the 11 MMBBl/day range now.

The gulf coast refineries converted their refineries in order to switch from processing Venezuelan crude to shale which is a totally different base,Biden shut down shale.
    Wrong. The average API of the Gulf Coast refinery inputs has stood between 30 and 34 degrees for nearly forty years with barley any variation. And shale production is near its record highs.

In 2018 the United States was the largest oil producer in the world and dominated world prices,which reflected our price at the pumps.
    But you said oil production is down 7 million barrels.

You obviously weren't paying attention back in 2015.

By declaring a climate emergency, Biden could reinstate the ban on crude oil exports, which have exploded by 750% since the rules limiting them were quietly removed in 2015. Ending drilling on federal lands – well within the remit of the Home Office – could eliminate A quarter American broadcasts.

https://lablogoteca.com/well-get-the...pened-us-news/

But he did not did he,what he did was increase exports while calling on places like Venezuela who we have been boycotting for years and asked them to increase production for us.

You mentioned capitalism,I am sure you know the difference between Free enterprise and capitalism.

Who is pandering to capitalism and historically sense Roosevelt and the whole farm thing the left has always migrated towards capitalism and government intervention into on the free market.

Looking at what he did not do and why we are where we are at today,it has little to do with Russia,pandemic or the lizard sitting in the corner.
    Last edited by Richard; July-12-22 at 12:24 AM.

Conservatives always love government interference when it suits their own needs. Richard has good company in wanting the export ban to be reimposed:

SENATORS MARKEY, MERKLEY, WYDEN, AND SANDERS REINTRODUCE LEGISLATION TO BAN U.S. OIL EXPORTS

In the City of Detroit as of yesterday, Citgo stations had E-85 for
    sale at about $4 per gallon. Other stations sold diesel fuel at
    just under $6 per gallon. Regular unleaded was priced close
    to $5 per gallon.

Conservatives always love government interference when it suits their own needs. Richard has good company in wanting the export ban to be reimposed:

SENATORS MARKEY, MERKLEY, WYDEN, AND SANDERS REINTRODUCE LEGISLATION TO BAN U.S. OIL EXPORTS
    Actually conservatives have a history of small government and less taxes.

Democrats have a history of big government and more taxes to pay for it.

Yes I want the export ban because you guys cannot seem to want to get the government and big businesses out of the regular peoples ass.

I believe in Free Enterprise and not democrat capitalism,under free enterprise you would have gas stations competing for prices,you would have independent farmers growing food to feed people at a reasonable cost and less starving versus paying corporations to plow crops back into the dirt.

Free Enterprise would give youngsters a chance to start businesses and buy houses instead of stacking the deck against them.

Everytime you guys sneeze you come up with a new or increased tax or some other red tape that gives big corporations the advantage while you crush the little guy,keeping them poor so you can control them.

You cannot deny it,major corporations revenues are at record levels while the working person is eating dirt.

All you guys do is transfer wealth from the bottom to the top.

There is a balance in there,it was proven to work,a youngster with nothing could run some numbers or sell a few bottles of bootleg and rise up to be a mob boss making millions or little kids could collect glass bottles for recycling and get their 5c and support their local store.

You cannot deny,all across the country cities and towns destroyed from stupid policy decisions that all they did was transfer the wealth.

Ross Perot said it - That sucking sound you are hearing is American jobs leaving the country - Cities like Detroit got sucked dry - auto manufacturers are still making billions.

Democratic capitalism sucks because it is no different then socialism,all it does is transfer the wealth to the top where those at the top control the money and everybody else below them is equally broke.
    Last edited by Richard; July-12-22 at 05:06 PM.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast