Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Um-yeah. The sentiment [disconnect] is banging louder [beyond articles] as we're being had! Indeed the 'Biden effect' has exceeded expectations. And no - you don't have to be a Trump devote or GOP-type to acknowledge this. That narrative's wearing thin. Increasingly, as time goes on and the 'effect' spreads, and the elites speak. Skip DM [if that helps], just ask most Detroiters......

This might be my coffee speaking but I'll give Joe Biden a little grace for much of the inflation caused by Biden's War. Although Putin launches attacks whenever he senses we have a weak pr dopey president, I can't blame all the resulting inflation from Putin's war on Biden or his puppeteers. We more or less have to share our oil and natural gas with our European allies for at least a few years. That will spike prices. EVs will help in the long run but require large upfront infrastructure costs. I'm thinking that a tariff on products from all countries that purchase Russian oil would help. After all, products that are made in eg. China or India are produced with oil that is much cheaper than our domestic manufacturers use. Russia might as well be subsidizing Chinese products sold in the US.

"The price of Urals, Russia’s main export blend, averaged $73.24 a barrel between mid-April and mid-May, according to Russia’s Finance Ministry. That’s almost 32% lower than the average for Brent oil futures over the same period."

Semi-related. Joe Biden's just cut the tariffs Trump imposed on Chinese solar panels to reduce inflation and promote green policies. Even unions are upset that overseas Chinese labor will be used to replace American workers who produce solar panels with overseas Chinese workers"
    Last edited by oladub; June-08-22 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    This might be my coffee speaking...
    Most definitely!

Yep. Another exemplar of revenge politics [there're so many where at least the specific policy SHOULD have been evaluated before reflexively ended].

The country and citizens be damned...SMH........

The unions are holding fast to continue to block criticism [from within and without] re. this admin, but it has to be getting HARDER...

Semi-related. Joe Biden's just cut the tariffs Trump imposed on Chinese solar panels to reduce inflation and promote green policies. Even unions are upset that overseas Chinese labor will be used to replace American workers who produce solar panels with overseas Chinese workers"
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-08-22 at 05:56 PM.

Way to go Uncle Joe! Make China Great Again!
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; June-08-22 at 06:28 PM.

^ This certainly is not helpful or expedient to Michiganders/ Detroiters seeking work and careers in this employment sector is it?

Best Gas Prices & Local Gas Stations in Detroit, MI...
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-08-22 at 06:30 PM.

Read the details folks....

https://www.ft.com/content/b7ec1ce6-...a-02c175d2b4b0

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/arti...aves-china-out

Only solar imports from Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia and Vietnam will be allowed. China still has the tariffs in place...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

Only solar imports from Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia and Vietnam will be allowed. China still has the tariffs in place...
    Oh good. That was a close one. I would much rather have workers in Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam replace American workers than Chinese workers.

Biden's green agenda apparently has priority over American manufacturing jobs and our fledgling solar panel industry. Way to go Biden. Give incentives to foreign companies to produce EVs and stop protecting fledgling US solar panel manufacturing. It must be ok as long as importers can pocket a buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^ This certainly is not helpful or expedient to Michiganders/ Detroiters seeking work and careers in this employment sector is it?

Not to worry. I'm sure Uncle Joe will bring back government issued yellow Chinese cheese bricks. It goes with the whole 40 year inflation cycle thing.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; June-08-22 at 07:20 PM.

Oh good. That was a close one. I would much rather have workers in Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam replace American workers than Chinese workers.

Biden's green agenda apparently has priority over American manufacturing jobs and our fledgling solar panel industry. Way to go Biden. Give incentives to foreign companies to produce EVs and stop protecting fledgling US solar panel manufacturing. It must be ok as long as importers can pocket a buck.
    Maybe this will bring you up to speed...
    Biden suspends tariffs on solar panels from Southeast Asia amid measures to boost supplies to US manufacturers [[msn.com)

... which in turn will help us help rein in China...

US Sees Path to More Sway in Asia as Xi’s Efforts Stall [[msn.com)

Though, they're pretty sure a lot of the panels coming from Thai, Malasia and Nam are actually just passing through those countries from China, so as to avoid the tariffs.

They were investigating that, but before they could finish, Biden did this deal, making those 3 countries tariff free for another few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

It does not matter,2019 China built a panel factory in Jacksonville in order to circumvent the tariffs placed by the orange guy.

Placing tariffs now is kinda pointless,another case of pretending to do something without actually doing anything.

Where do you think the other countries get the materials from in order to produce their panels ?
    Last edited by Richard; June-08-22 at 09:36 PM.

I'm not buying it.

From the first article,
    "The move comes nearly 18 months after Biden's climate czar, former Sen. John Kerry suggested energy workers displaced by Biden's cancelation of the Keystone XL pipeline should get jobs building solar panels."' I doubt that manufacturing solar panels abroad is going to increase our manufacturing capacity. Maybe those energy workers Kerry referred to can find jobs in Malaysia. This article made my point that "Biden's green agenda apparently has priority over American manufacturing jobs and our fledgling solar panel industry."

As a side note - That gobbledegook Fox News article is sweet coating prioritizing imports over American manufacturing jobs.

A decision was once made to lower import costs on Korean and Japanese cars to help develop those economies so S. Korea and Japan would become buffers against China. The resultant exploding growth of Asian car imports did help those economies but came at the price of sacrificing auto workers in Flint and Detroit. We don't learn. Now we are going to sacrifice our budding solar panel manufacturing industry to help beef up SE Asia economies like we did for S. Korea and Japan.

After we let China monopolize our medical mask industry, we learned that China provided its own citizens with masks before the sold masks to us. Tariffs protect industries. Either we want to be self sufficient or not.

This is Cardinal Glass which makes solar panels in its 165,000 square foot capacity plant in Mazomanie, WI. I drive by it a couple of times a week.During the day, there is a ring of workers' cars around it. Joe might have just turned it into the new Packard plant. First, it was Keystone and now this.
    This is what an American solar panel production facility looks like.

https://www.kraemerbrothers.com/portfolio/cardinal-glass/
    Last edited by oladub; June-08-22 at 10:08 PM.

It's a means to an end- trying to shove electric vehicles down our throats. I'm not into conspiracy theories, but I think it's all part of an agenda. This administration doesn't seem to care about the suffering in the interim. I think this administration is out of touch and bordering on a bunch of sickos.

It’s the history of it is it not though

Slam freeways through long established neighborhoods
    Destroy neighborhoods to build a factory that never materialized
    Declare a war on poverty that destroys the family structure and condemns generations into poverty with no hope or opportunity.

But it does not matter because those coming up with these ideas are also invested so they profit from it and the more money that flows to the top the better they do.

It would be like Ford saying they have a better idea,then offering the Pinto as their only choice for year after year.

It always has to be scorch n burn the lost generations caught in the middle are just numbers on a spreadsheet,they can phase things into play.
    Last edited by Richard; June-09-22 at 04:25 PM.

Indeed that background-narrative seems to be present.

Implicit moving to explicit.

Not everyone can afford new electric cars. There are actually some who have never purchased a new ICE vehicle! Only buying used.

Understanding this does not mean you're against using less fossil fuels.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    It's a means to an end - trying to shove electric vehicles down our throats...
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-10-22 at 01:16 AM.

It's a means to an end- trying to shove electric vehicles down our throats. I'm not into conspiracy theories, but I think it's all part of an agenda. This administration doesn't seem to care about the suffering in the interim. I think this administration is out of touch and bordering on a bunch of sickos.
    Yeah!!! The noise and pollution electric vehicles make are just crazy! Are they trying to kill us? I can't believe they are promoting clean cars. How EVIL. I want my diesel truck with big stacks so I can coal roll some sissy libs!

I hope the libtards don't mask up and start setting people's cars and gas stations on fire. You know, to "protest".

Quote Originally Posted by Mind field View Post
    I can't believe they are promoting clean cars. How EVIL.

Except they aren't clean.

They have nearly double the carbon footprint of a similar gas car when they roll off the line [thanks mostly to the battery].

Yes they are cleaner after that, but it takes roughly 180,000 of driving both vehicles before the elec car's carbon footprint gets below the ICE car's.

If you look into how much earth is ruined and how many millions of gallons of diesel are used to mine the lithium, it will make you puke. Then all the blood minerals mined by poor ethnic children etc.

It's like sausage, you don't wanna see it made.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I hope the libtards don't mask up and start setting people's cars and gas stations on fire. You know, to "protest".
    You sound juvenile.

Electric cars won't solve anything. You know that as soon as a majority of people switch over to them, they'll suddenly have to triple electricity rates, right?

I mean, they can't let the consumer come out ahead.

Good points. Clean will be subjective anyway at the behest of politics and ideologies. Setting that aside lithium procurement and the environmental degradation processes therein certainly ain't 100% clean! An improvement yes - but not without cost as being advanced.

Not to mention the huge land-fill problem - but gee if less are driving [priced out of the ability to do so] and must use mass transportation......?

Anyway, I'd like to dispense already with the words Clean considering the handy antonym Dirty to become a handy cudgel: more name calling yah-dah. Do we need more of that?

If I were in the market for a car [we're not] I would consider a hybrid. Not EV.

Hybrid solves some problems sans the full canyon drop-off into full EV. Also, there remains undetermined charging costs. Coupled with an unprepared infrastructure from which to charge at the same level of fueling an ICE vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Except they aren't clean.

They have nearly double the carbon footprint of a similar gas car when they roll off the line [thanks mostly to the battery].

Yes they are cleaner after that, but it takes roughly 180,000 of driving both vehicles before the elec car's carbon footprint gets below the ICE car's.

If you look into how much earth is ruined and how many millions of gallons of diesel are used to mine the lithium, it will make you puke. Then all the blood minerals mined by poor ethnic children etc.

It's like sausage, you don't wanna see it made.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-10-22 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    You sound juvenile.
    Truth sucks, doesn't it? Let's just bury all that under a rock and pretend it never happened. Oh, look at the kitty!

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast