Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ... 21 61 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 1873

^ Richard I only posted a link... and see where it goes.
    Last edited by Gistok; June-16-22 at 05:44 PM.

In the meantime vaccines are being 'recommended' for children under five...

Coronavirus [COVID-19] Update: FDA Authorizes Vaccines for Children Down to 6 Months of Age

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...cines-children

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/18/u...n-under-5.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ^ Richard I only posted a link... and see where it goes.
    It went out the winder as the decision was reversed 2 days later,although 4 days later news sources are still listing it as in effect,there is a lot of talk about DeSantis running for pres in 2024,so there is going to be a lot of hubbub over the most trivial things.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It went out the winder as the decision was reversed 2 days later,although 4 days later news sources are still listing it as in effect,there is a lot of talk about DeSantis running for pres in 2024,so there is going to be a lot of hubbub over the most trivial things.
    Aha.... so he REVERSED COURSE...

https://www.wptv.com/coronavirus/des...ildren-under-5

Good for him...

Aha.... so he REVERSED COURSE...

https://www.wptv.com/coronavirus/des...ildren-under-5

Good for him...
    lol,gotta read the whole article .

It is patently false that Florida has 'reversed course' or changed its position in any way with regards to the COVID vaccine for children under 5. We have never held the position that the state would prohibit healthcare providers from ordering the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    lol,gotta read the whole article .

It is patently false that Florida has 'reversed course' or changed its position in any way with regards to the COVID vaccine for children under 5. We have never held the position that the state would prohibit healthcare providers from ordering the vaccine.
    Yes... I read over the defensive part. DeSantis does have such a checkered history towards the health care of his constituency... I guess it's bound to happens when you mix health care with politics.

Yes... I read over the defensive part. DeSantis does have such a checkered history towards the health care of his constituency... I guess it's bound to happens when you mix health care with politics.

Well, it seems like all Desantis did was decide not to use govt money to order mountains of vaccine, most of which would probably sit unused and then be thrown away.

He never did anything to restrict them. Doctors offices, pharmacies, grocery stores etc can and will still order what they think they can sell, just like with every other vaccine.

I have no clue why either side would even think this is a news story.

The headline should probably read, "Florida fails to waste millions of taxpayer money. BigPharma stockholders slightly disappointed".

Yes Rocket I'm sure that "most people agree"... that they throw money away all the time.

On a different note... I just read this ditty on the WHO director...

WHO chief 'does believe Covid was leaked from a lab’ [[msn.com)

Oh shucks! Say what? WHO etc are now admitting that which was banned and scoffed at for being conspiracy theories.

And you were told if you didn't like that to plug-in a server and start your own web-social-media-alternative. Duly noted.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-20-22 at 09:49 PM.

Except that most states provide free vaccines in their health departments
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post

He never did anything to restrict them. Doctors offices, pharmacies, grocery stores etc can and will still order what they think they can sell, just like with every other vaccine.

I have no clue why either side would even think this is a news story.

The headline should probably read, "Florida fails to waste millions of taxpayer money. BigPharma stockholders slightly disappointed".

COVID-19 Vaccination for Children | CDC

Personally, I don't think I would chance this on infants.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    COVID-19 Vaccination for Children | CDC

Personally, I don't think I would chance this on infants.
    The U.S. is one of a small handful of countries that allows infants to be vaccinated.The Scandinavian countries are much less enthusiastic about Covid vaccinations for older children and young teens. While both the US and Norway allow parents to choose if their 5 and older children are vaccinated, Norway does not recommend Covid vaccinations for most children. reasons are given: https://www.regjeringen.no/en/aktuel...-19/id2895513/

Two thirds of our members of Congress receive donations from the Rx industry. Pfizer donates $1M to members of Congress in major elections so it is refreshing to hear another credible point of view not affected by campaign contributions.
    Last edited by oladub; June-24-22 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Dr. Fauci said that suffering thru Covid is for him more bearable than dealing with Rand Paul!!

I'd feel the same way.
    Dr. Fauci said that suffering thru Covid is for him more bearable than dealing with Rand Paul!!

Yes. He's not able to obfuscate and deflect [respond to questions by talking about something else]. Rand's from the repubbed camp [duly noted] but I appreciate his distinct questions put to Fauci. I too want the questions answered withstanding in this case Rand asking.

As Rand is a loathed right-winger, old old-horse bureaucrats like Fauci are used to having their authority unquestioned [including the flip-flops, etc.] ala an ever-adoring media. But more [including the vaccinated] don't believe much he says at this point! Especially re. infants and small children.

Plenty of their [Doc to Doc] exchanges exist online [a brief google search provides them].

These few seconds from the 'approved' CNN convey how it often goes....

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...xp-sot-vpx.hln

The gain-of-function exchange was a TKO! Maybe they needed a boxing ring?

https://nypost.com/2021/11/04/rand-p...tion-research/
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-25-22 at 12:33 PM.

Canadian leadership apparently not as wise as Governor DeSantis of Florida.

Now must throw away 13.6 MILLION doses of vax they spent taxpayer money on.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/othe...ehp&li=BBnb7Kz

^ Uh-oh! Soft spoken [yet not less authoritarian] Trudeau will get that money back some other way no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    With all the hand wringing about The Great Resignation, employers are now suggesting they're free to hire cheaper remote workers from overseas.

One wonders how many remote workers are now drawing multiple paychecks from multiple employers simultaneously.

<DING!>
    This guy tried it and it had a surprising ending!

I got caught working 2 remote jobs
    When the pandemic hit everyone was forced to work from home. I set up my home office and got to work. I work as a User Experience {UX} designer at a tech company.

When you work from home you realize that you have a lot more time to get your work done. You're not being distracted by people in the office trying to talk to you or long lunches with co-workers or time spent commuting.

I used my extra time to do freelance and contractor work. I realized that instead of the inconsistent work and downtime between projects I could get another full time remote job and double my income. For jobs like UX, product management and web development {coding, engineering}, the job depends on the work, not on meetings or anything else. If I could get my work done then both companies would be happy and I could make a lot more money.

Well I pulled it off and worked two jobs for 8 months. I was able to pay off debt, pay off both of our cars, dabble in crypto and NFTs and put some money away.

It wasn't until after my two jobs experience that I realized there is an entire online community doing this. It's called Overemployed. They're on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/overemployed/ If you have questions about working two remote jobs they have some great resources. There is also a discord group where you can chat with people that are currently doing it.

**YOU MIGHT GET FIRED IF YOU WORK TWO REMOTE JOBS.**
    Last edited by Jimaz; July-06-22 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Canadian leadership apparently not as wise as Governor DeSantis of Florida.

Now must throw away 13.6 MILLION doses of vax they spent taxpayer money on.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/othe...ehp&li=BBnb7Kz
    I'm glad our Canadian gov't procured as much vaccine as possible early in the pandemic. There was no way to know if we would have access to enough mrna vaccines and no way to know at that time there might be a problem with AstraZeneca. None of these decisions make him in any way resemble the crazy Florida governor.

Last edited by Zacha341; July-14-22 at 01:04 PM.

Well many states have passed laws that counteract protection policies, so that's a non-starter.

And as for closing borders... let's not go down the "infected aliens coming in from Mexico" rabbit hole again.

I know many Americans are either going or returning from their vacations overseas, so that is a non-starter as well.

Those that get the new variant will just have to make do... vaccinated or unvaccinated... [wink, wink]

^ I concur... Indeed perhaps let's not go down the "infected aliens coming in from Mexico" hole again. We've bigger potential risks [holes] beyond Mexico! Not to mention the fentanyl tide, again, well beyond Mexico.

This is perhaps top-of-mind for me as I have family and friends in the south, Cali and Texas.
    Not so tucked-away, safe and tidy [for now] from the risks like us 'northerners'. Including newer immigrant family members [legally per long lengthy processes]. Their concerns come up often - sans the 'right vs left' rubric that often short-circuits realistic conversations between existing us US-born-folk. As resources dwindle in the south etc. - especially with the coming dry-out of Lake Meade [Hoover Dam] you have to wonder......

My immigrant friends and fam remain incredulous that we allow this! I do 'try' to explain the poli-tricks and how the contradictions/ conflicts are a-ok...
    ...?

Last edited by Zacha341; July-14-22 at 02:13 PM.

I have people reporting in about the pending variants [calmly or the sky-is-falling]... Rather they are RNA implemented or not. I remind them to determine what the 'pathogenic' factors are this time. And not rely solely on mainstream media where we've already seen flip-flops/ distortions.

The deadliness, pathogenic nature of the COVID variants vary.

If as bad as predicted [by some], or 'politically' timely for others, take precautions. Me and mine certainly will. Even against the obvious voids where precautions are not even a consideration.

Those that get the new variant will just have to make do... vaccinated or unvaccinated... [wink, wink]
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-14-22 at 03:36 PM.

Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ... 21 61 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 LastLast