Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1873

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    Socializing in an upscale Nantucket shop while not wearing a
    mask while sipping a milkshake in the middle of a pandemic
    was more than just bad optics.

Pres. Biden, vaccinated though he may have been, in theory
    could spread delta variant to all of the other shoppers who
    temporarily were not wearing their masks because they were
    also sipping milkshakes. A vaccinated person can still spread
    delta variant quite effectively. But, perhaps he and his staffers
    are still regularly tested for COVID-19, and if that's the case,
    he might feel more relaxed about not wearing a mask all the time,
    since he himself presumably tested negative every day for the last month.

Michigan, right now: 55% vaccinated, 15.31% test positivity

Florida, right now: 63% vaccinated, 1.63% test positivity.

Massachusetts, right now, with Nantucket, where that upscale
    shop is located, being quite representative:

72% vaccinated, 2.71% test positivity.

That information is from the Johns Hopkins Covid Home
    webpage.

With high affluency, a high level of vaccination, and a
    low to moderate test positivity, and with most of those
    who were not drinking milkshakes wearing their masks,
    it seems that people were not too concerned about
    transmitting the delta variant at that time and place.

The better practice that reduces transmission is to wear
    a mask in public. Pres. Biden nods to that practice rather
    than outright rejecting it.

Uncle Joe nods out to that practice rather than outright rejecting it.

Nodding out is a side effect of milk shakes too!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ in 2:08 a female exits without also wearing a mask.

He was not lowering his mask momentarily to drink,it was lowered until he exited.

In the next restaurant case the requirement usually is a mask is required to enter and until seated eating,that clearly did not happen.

If we are basing it on the ability to mostly wear a mask or it’s okay not to wear one if everybody else is mostly masked up,then we should not be seeing the issues like we are seeing with the airlines,mask mandates do not allow for mostly wearing them in public,as the people and businesses that have been fined across the country can attest.

Kinda like if I owned a factory and told the workers that they cannot smoke in the building,while I walk around smoking.

It does not matter,they are basing it on we are supposed to come together as a country and mask up,but yet we have seen countless times throughout the whole thing,those in power seem to be exempt from the mandates that they impose.

That is not coming together as a country,that is I am your boss,I make the rules and demand you follow them or suffer the consequences,I do not need to follow them.

It’s bad optics.

Kinda like the new variant,it did not just appear in African nations and reports from there say it is mild,but yet the world is thrown in a tizzy once again markets crash because of anticipated adverse reactions,not based on what is actually happening,but based on how they think the public will react.
    Republicans who criticize President Biden, yet were completely silent during TFG many, many transgressions [[both in office and out) have ZERO creditability and should not be engaged - doing so only allows for more lies and BS to circulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    Republicans who criticize President Biden, yet were completely silent during TFG many, many transgressions [[both in office and out) have ZERO creditability and should not be engaged - doing so only allows for more lies and BS to circulate.
    If you are going down that road,the media and web sites allowed a 4 year smear campaign filled with lies and false accusations and as soon as a election was held they shut down politics which is typical of people only hearing what they want to hear and the stifling of opposition.

Biden has no relevance in my post that you qouted,it was an example of those in power who feel the mandates they set forth do not apply to them.

I am sure you realize by now there is a new administration in place and the previous one or what happened at that time plays no relevance,unless of course you are implying nothing has changed and it is the same old same old.

Nodding out is a side effect of milk shakes too!

I guess it depends what was in the milkshakes.

Republicans who criticize President Biden, yet were completely silent during TFG many, many transgressions [both in office and out] have ZERO credibility and should not be engaged - doing so only allows for more lies and BS to circulate.

There's a few stories now about Mark Meadows claiming that
    a few days ahead of Pres. Trump being very sick with COVID-19,
    there was one day when he had one positive test followed by
    one negative test. Best practices for disease prevention
    would dictate quarantining for at least a week after that.
    Short of that, if Pres. Trump were to have worn a mask and
    were to have informed anyone near him that he tested
    positive then negative on such and such a day, that would
    have been a not-as-good practice but would have been
    better than not wearing a mask while maintaining close
    physical presence, while not mentioning any positive
    test result. Instead of quarantining, Pres. Trump was very
    much out and about on the campaign trail, and it is not
    noted if he was informing folks about potentially being
    infected with the SARS-COV2 virus at that time.

Is this story getting attention that it merits on the conservative
    web pages that other DetroitYes posters check in with often?

...Is this story getting attention that it merits on the conservative
    web pages that other DetroitYes posters check in with often?
    You might consider bookmarking NewsHounds. [They] watch Fox so you don't have to!

As the news of the newest COVID-Omicron mutation, mutate and change keep in mind Dr Angelique Coetzee of S. Africa and others local to its inception. IMO, news, less scrubbed, will probably come from some of the foreign presses on this variant. Even the BBC may be an option [though not usually my first]:

Omicron symptoms mild so far, says S. African doctor who spotted it...
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-59450988

Local option - Realclearpolitics.com posts the following:

Fauci Asked If Omicrom Testing Applies To Migrants Crossing Border: "That's A Different Issue"
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...issue.amp.html
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-02-21 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    As the news of the newest COVID-Omicron mutation, mutate and change keep in mind Dr Angelique Coetzee of S. Africa and others local to its inception. IMO, news, less scrubbed, will probably come from some of the foreign presses on this variant. Even the BBC may be an option [though not usually my first]:

Omicron symptoms mild so far, says S. African doctor who spotted it...
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-59450988

Local option - Realclearpolitics.com posts the following:

Fauci Asked If Omicrom Testing Applies To Migrants Crossing Border: "That's A Different Issue"
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...issue.amp.html
    The final mutation is coming! It’s called COMMUNISM!

^ Hah-Watch out! Some may reflexively judge you as the standard right-winged, flag-waving [fox-snews-sniffin'] type, de rigueur. Are you? [just joking]...

IMO, the 'Trojan Horse' factor in to how this admin, and 'experts' therein [and abroad] are responding is certainly 'control' motivated - beyond C-19. I state this not as an anti-vaxer, but as a thinker - beyond the usual 2D assertions of who's what, assigned neatly to which group: right vs. left rubric, yah-dah.

Investigating beyond the mutated, mainstream media reveals that there are more people protesting [Melbourne, Canada, France, Brazil etc] the increasing over-reach 'measures' they are enduring at the behest of COVID and its variants. Indeed the Trojan Horse of COVID is getting rather 'heavy' on the hoof!
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-04-21 at 07:11 AM.

My uncle passed away Saturday after he rushed to the hospital from the rural section to an open waiting ICU bed.

He was 92 years old and has spent the last year pretty much bed ridden,he had 2 massive heart attacks,each time open heart surgery,fighting cancer and has a stroke 1 year ago,doctors gave him 6 months to live because of the cancer 1 year ago.

That evening the hospital told the family he passed from another heart attack,Monday morning they said he passed from Covid,the family requested a few more Covid tests,which all then turned out to be negative and the final result was,he died from a heart attack.

To many games being played with all of this.

My uncle passed away Saturday after he rushed to the hospital from the rural section to an open waiting ICU bed.

He was 92 years old and has spent the last year pretty much bed ridden,he had 2 massive heart attacks,each time open heart surgery,fighting cancer and has a stroke 1 year ago,doctors gave him 6 months to live because of the cancer 1 year ago.

That evening the hospital told the family he passed from another heart attack,Monday morning they said he passed from Covid,the family requested a few more Covid tests,which all then turned out to be negative and the final result was,he died from a heart attack.

To many games being played with all of this.

I'm sorry about your Uncle, Richard, and I agree with your post. I've had friends tell me similar stories about family members.

My next-door neighbor just informed me she is recovering from Covid. She was quite sick for a day or two, still not 100%. Her Husband and Son had it way earlier in the year. None were vaccinated, I asked her if, in retrospect she wished she would have got the vaccination and she said no.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    My next-door neighbor just informed me she is recovering from Covid. She was quite sick for a day or two, still not 100%. Her Husband and Son had it way earlier in the year. None were vaccinated, I asked her if, in retrospect she wished she would have got the vaccination and she said no.
    People are less likely to have wished for vaccination if they don't require hospitalization. In fact some people even go to their graves without regret for getting a vaccine.
    Last edited by Gistok; December-03-21 at 08:18 PM.

Italian dentist presents fake arm for vaccine to get pass

A dentist in Italy faces possible criminal charges after trying to receive a coronavirus vaccine in a fake arm made of silicone.

A nurse in the northern city of Biella, Filippa Bua, said she could tell right away that something was off when a man presented the phony limb for a shot on Thursday.

“When I uncovered the arm, I felt skin that was cold and gummy, and the color was too light,’’ Bua told Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera....
    It's hard to believe anyone could feel that strongly about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    People are less likely to have wished for vaccination if they don't require hospitalization. In fact some people even go to their graves without regret for getting a vaccine.
    People going to their graves with no regrets is a strange concept to you

People going to their graves with no regrets is a strange concept to you
    Just like empathy and people making an easy choice to help them increase their chances to stay alive is to you!
    Last edited by Gistok; December-05-21 at 08:31 PM.

'Thus far, it doesn't look like there's a great degree of severity to it': Fauci says early reports indicate Omicron could be less dangerous than Delta variant... South Africa travel ban is now being re-evaluated

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ravel-ban.html

Omicron: South Africa says hospital admissions not increasing despite a jump in Covid-19 active cases

https://www.livemint.com/news/world/...701392514.html

COVID-19 latest: SA reports new confirmed cases...

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/news...ases-breaking/
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-05-21 at 09:10 PM.

^ Zach341 This might be the best of many bad scenarios. If this takes over and eliminates the Delta [and other variants], then that is good news. Any way we look at it, Covid in some form is going to likely be with us forever.

The end game in all this could be to have available an annual Flu and Covid [separate] shots... then those that still want to be unvaxxed [or the immune compromised vaxxed] will just get ill and stay home a few days, instead of clogging hospitals in different parts of the country/world as the Delta variant does when it moves about.

Of course, there will always be [as with the regular flu] some that don't survive, regardless of the variant.

Just hope the South African doctors are correct...
    Last edited by Gistok; December-06-21 at 12:45 AM.

Not sure how this works but could it been a beneficial scenario were an aggressive but benign variant pushes out the more dangerous variants?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Not sure how this works but could it been a beneficial scenario were an aggressive but benign variant pushes out the more dangerous variants?
    Where's Walter White when you need him?

The next wave of control occurring [being attempted]:

NYC Mayor de Blasio orders kids over five to show proof of double vaccination for indoor activities and mandates shots for ALL private sector workers by December 27 in 'pre-emptive strike' against Omicron COVID variant

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

The work mandates ignores the fact that OSHA has already stated they will not enforce the mandates. Interesting...
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-06-21 at 02:31 PM.

From what I gather, virii are smart and will mutate to a less deadly strain to allow themselves to spread more efficiently. If they kill the host they can't spread, so they "tone down" the fatalness of the strains so the host [[us) live to spread the disease.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post

^ Exactly. A basic understanding of epidemiology speaks to this. That's why the 'fear and panic' rhetoric needs to be evaluated, carefully. Even when espoused by the usual mainstream 'talking' heads and media outlets.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-06-21 at 02:31 PM.

Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 62 ... LastLast