Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 28 of 75 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast

Here's an upbeat update!

Israeli study finds 94% drop in symptomatic COVID-19 cases with Pfizer vaccine

Israel’s largest healthcare provider on Sunday reported a 94% drop in symptomatic COVID-19 infections among 600,000 people who received two doses of the Pfizer’s vaccine in the country’s biggest study to date.

Latest State to State Travel Restrictions....

https://www.travelandleisure.com/tra...ampaign=826481

I couldn't find an online source for this story but I heard it on WWJ this morning so it must be breaking.

Mayor Fouts said, for the first time, the UK variant has been found in Warren wastewater samples analyzed by Oakland University. So the good news is they're testing wastewater, which I think is a relatively new idea. The bad news is the UK variant is 70% more infectious than the original coronavirus.

I don't know whether the current vaccines are effective against the UK variant.
    Last edited by Jimaz; March-03-21 at 11:14 AM.

Default Michigan to open COVID-19 vaccines to people age 50 and older on Mar. 22

The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services is preparing to make COVID-19 vaccines available to all residents age 50 and older, regardless of their health, later this month.

Individuals 50 years old and up with disabilities or pre-existing medical conditions and caregivers of children with special health care needs will be eligible to get in line for a vaccine starting March 8, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer told reporters Wednesday and health officials confirmed in a news release.

On March 22, any Michigan resident age 50 and older will be able to get one of the three vaccines available, Whitmer spokesman Bobby Leddy said.

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/corona...e-50-and-older

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    ... I don't know whether the current vaccines are effective against the UK variant.
    Apparently they are effective. From The Washington Post:
    The two coronavirus vaccines developed by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna appear to be highly effective against the more transmissible variant of the virus first detected in Britain, according to newly published studies in the New England Journal of Medicine....

The vaccines, however, showed a decreased ability to neutralize the strain now dominant in South Africa, worrying some researchers and prompting Pfizer and BioNTech to announce they were taking necessary steps to develop a booster shot or updated vaccine....

I just read today that when [[almost) everyone gets vaccinated... many restaurants and theatres will require a vaccine card for entry.

That will cause the anti-vaccine crowd to blow a gasket... but I think it will make it safer for everyone. Just like some folks will refuse to go to those place [[not that they will have a choice)... I would choose to only frequent those that do require a card for entry.

I could see the air travel industry following suit.
    Last edited by Gistok; March-05-21 at 05:34 PM.

I'm ~really~ looking forward to when I am eligible to request a time slot. Even while I'm ~not~ looking forward to all the time wasted I'll spend competing for one. I hope that gets better. At least we're not Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I just read today that when [[almost) everyone gets vaccinated... many restaurants and theatres will require a vaccine card for entry...
    I could see the air travel industry following suit.
    I'm less sure about that. It would take government organizing to issue them, and I suspect by the time if ever that happened the virus will be under control.

I don't think the airline industry will require that, unless forced to, based on my experience having to fly for an emergency from one peak location to another near their heights of the crisis. No one even checked my temperature or asked if I had symptoms, neither to board nor to depart.

To check in at the kiosk there was a screen that asked if within the last 14 days I had ever been to a list of locations. I was at an airport in one of those locations. Within 5 seconds an airline attendant recognized my confusion, laughed, told me to answer "no" and even pressed the "no" button when I hesitated.

They sell seats.
    Last edited by bust; March-05-21 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    I just read today that when [[almost) everyone gets vaccinated... many restaurants and theatres will require a vaccine card for entry....
    I'm less sure about that. It would take government organizing to issue them, and I suspect by the time if ever that happened the virus will be under control....
    The only logos on the card I was given at the first injection were the CDC and DHHS logos so apparently the government has already issued them. It says "Please keep this record card, which includes medical information about the vaccines you have received."

I don't follow. Why do you say that?
    If they're recording who what and where I guess it's a good thing.
    There's no better data than verifiably good data.
    What depends is what you do with it.
    Last edited by bust; March-05-21 at 06:37 PM.

Yeah I got my first Covid shot last week, and I did get a card. Now it's nothing fancy like a drivers license or a Social Security card. But it does have your name and the fact that you were vaccinated.

Nothing fancy... and could probably be counterfeited... but it is a card that proves that you [[supposedly) got a shot.

I'm just saying that the U.S. DHHS and CDC issued the card and says to "please keep this record card." It doesn't specify anything about needing it for restaurants or theatres or airlines but hey, you never know.

I almost filed mine down the memory hole but then thought better and filed it in my already-over-stuffed wallet instead.

Off topic by necessity:

Is anyone else having trouble clicking the Discuss Detroit link at https://www.detroityes.com/mb/forum.php? It appears to be overwritten and thus disabled by a very faint

© AtDetroit LLC 2000 - 2021 unless otherwise specified. Please notify us of uncited proprietary content.
    I've already reported it to Admin. I tried to mention it in the Chit Chat Room [[where this belongs) but I can't click on the "Start A New Thread" link there for the same reason. LOL!

I had to hack out a back door just to get here.
    Last edited by Jimaz; March-05-21 at 07:18 PM.

Nothing fancy... and could probably be counterfeited... but it is a card that proves that you [[supposedly) got a shot.
    Even Michigan drivers licenses from the 80's and early 90's were easy to counterfeit. Not saying I know how.

No problem with either. Try changing your screen resolution and see what happens
    I'm just saying that the U.S. DHHS and CDC issued the card and says to "please keep this record card." It doesn't specify anything about needing it for restaurants or theatres or airlines but hey, you never know.

I almost filed mine down the memory hole but then thought better and filed it in my already-over-stuffed wallet instead.

Off topic by necessity:

Is anyone else having trouble clicking the Discuss Detroit link at https://www.detroityes.com/mb/forum.php? It appears to be overwritten and thus disabled by a very faint

I've already reported it to Admin. I tried to mention it in the Chit Chat Room [[where this belongs) but I can't click on the "Start A New Thread" link there for the same reason. LOL!

I had to hack out a back door just to get here.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    No problem with either. Try changing your screen resolution and see what happens
    Thanks, jcole. I doubt that's the problem because it happens on two different computers. Maybe it's a Firefox incompatibility. No worries. I can patiently work around the issue.

Thanks, jcole. I doubt that's the problem because it happens on two different computers. Maybe it's a Firefox incompatibility. No worries. I can patiently work around the issue.
    Kudos to you, fellow Firefox user.
    I'm not a fan of ad tracking nor any other form of invasive data collection, and I support open source.
    There's no browser better than Firefox in those respects. Rarely do I encounter issues that need more.
    If a site has issues it's almost always due to their own deficiency. We could code hacks or support better alternatives.

The better path is obvious for me.
    Not easier.

Yeah I got my first Covid shot last week, and I did get a card. Now it's nothing fancy like a drivers license or a Social Security card. But it does have your name and the fact that you were vaccinated.

You really mean could definitely be counterfeited and will be.

No problem in Firefox either. With either issue. I'm using Firefox right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    No problem in Firefox either. With either issue. I'm using Firefox right now.
    Thanks for the feedback, jcole.

Well - I'm over 65. with health issues, and cannot find any easy access through CVS or Kroger. Why are they doing teenage vaccines in Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Well - I'm over 65. with health issues, and cannot find any easy access through CVS or Kroger. Why are they doing teenage vaccines in Detroit?
    What county are you in? Get on your county website and they should give you several options as to where to register....hospitals, Meijer, Rite Aid and the health department itself. I'm in Macomb and this is what they are offering.......https://www.macombgov.org/vaccinecentral

Wayne county.....https://www.waynecounty.com/covid19/...formation.aspx

Oakland county......https://www.oakgov.com/health/servic...s/default.aspx
    Last edited by Maof; March-07-21 at 08:45 AM.

i'm one of those people that can't
    just jump in a car and go. I know it's f**cked up, but this whole year has been fu**cked.

Most times you don't just jump in the car and go. I made an appt and had to wait two weeks for mine. If you go to https://www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/covid-qualifier and fill in your info. If you qualify, you will start by choosing the Rite aid of your choice and see if they have appts available, if not, you check the next store,until you find one.
    Here is the Meijer sign up [:https://clinic.meijer.com/
    just jump in a car and go. I know it's f**cked up, but this whole year has been fu**cked.

Neither is one of my siblings. As jcole said, just sign up for one of sites administering the vaccine. The only thing I've heard from others is that places such as Rite Aid and Meijer, after you fill out the form, you may not get a call for a few weeks to go in for the vaccine. I lucked out at the health dept. hitting redial repeatedly on Tuesday morning for about 10 min. and got my first on Friday morning. It was so well run, I was in and out in 40 min and that included the 15 min. wait afterward. They had volunteers there to assist anyone who would have had a hard time getting into the facility.
    Last edited by Maof; March-07-21 at 10:20 AM.

I had signed up the same day [[2 weeks ago) at Meijer's [[Roseville), Macomb County Health and Beaumont Systems.

I got notified by Meijer's within a week to make an appointment 2 days later [[which I did and got my first shot, a week ago). Then 4 days later I was notified by Macomb County Health, and cancelled that one. Still haven't heard from Beaumont Systems.

Page 28 of 75 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast