Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1873

I'm still avoiding unnecessary crowds and wearing a mask despite being fully vaccinated but as far as I can see, I'm the only one still masking up.

BOHICA!

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    Besides, you can always park a dead raccoon on your head. That always works....
    Raccoon Funeral

Not to go political but I could not but help notice our VP stood face to face with the President of France,with all of the entourage less then 10 feee away.

No masks.

When addressing the media from 20’ away,everybody had a mask including the VP.

I think the mask thing is dependent on your social structure,for us that hang out amongst the lower classes,wear a mask,if you get invited to a black tie event,no mask needed.

In the age of smart,we have a smart virus that avoids certain people.

^ Didn't you see images of the G20 summit, when not every leader was wearing a mask.

The leaders probably go thru a protection/testing process, that we cannot fathom.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Not to go political but I could not but help notice our VP stood face to face with the President of France,with all of the entourage less then 10 feee away.

No masks.

When addressing the media from 20’ away,everybody had a mask including the VP.

I think the mask thing is dependent on your social structure,for us that hang out amongst the lower classes,wear a mask,if you get invited to a black tie event,no mask needed.

In the age of smart,we have a smart virus that avoids certain people.
    Its call a charade.

I'm in physical therapy for my back right now, and we have to wear masks or don't go in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I'm still avoiding unnecessary crowds and wearing a mask despite being fully vaccinated but as far as I can see, I'm the only one still masking up.

BOHICA!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I'm still avoiding unnecessary crowds and wearing a mask despite being fully vaccinated but as far as I can see, I'm the only one still

BOHICA!
    Stopped at Meijer after work. I would say at least 50% of persons shopping there were wearing a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ^ Didn't you see images of the G20 summit, when not every leader was wearing a mask.

The leaders probably go thru a protection/testing process, that we cannot fathom.
    Stands to reason I watched it,otherwise I would not have mentioned it.

don’t make excuses for them,they are supposed to be leading by example.

Why would they receive testing and protection processes that are not available to us,they work for us.

We have never really had the mask mandates but when out and about I would say less then 10% are wearing masks,there actually seems to be more wearing their masks while driving then actually out in public.

Happy with this itty bitty post length?

Thank you Richard...

You took a page from famous architect Mies van der Rohe... "less is more"... although I don't care for that translated in modern architecture...

What I meant was that the world leaders get tested repeatedly for Covid, and if they do catch it, they have the luxury of getting the best in trial drugs and treatment, such as Trump got when he caught it last October.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Stopped at Meijer after work. I would say at least 50% of persons shopping there were wearing a mask.
    Same here... everywhere I go where it is not mandated [[such as a medical facility) it's about 50% masked. And even among just older people it's about 50%.

I just got my Moderna booster, and I still wear one [[for crowded indoors). A personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Same here... everywhere I go where it is not mandated [[such as a medical facility) it's about 50% masked. And even among just older people it's about 50%.

I just got my Moderna booster, and I still wear one [[for crowded indoors). A personal choice.

In Madison, Wi everyone wears a mask in stores by law I think but people would wear masks here anyway. Exception: I don't see many masks being worn at Badger football games.

Two counties away at a Kwik Trip in Richland Center I frequently frequent usually one of four or five employees wears a mask and about one in ten customers wears a mask. One county further away, I've never seen an Amish person wear a mask.

Ditto: "I just got my Moderna booster, and I still wear one [[for crowded indoors). A personal choice." I had to pick up something from my CVS pharmacy and asked to schedule an appointment for my booster. The pharmacist said he couldn't do that for me but if I wanted my booster now he would do it right away. I agreed. I mention this as something to try. I've written the corporate headquarters of Kwik Trip twice suggesting that at least its employees wear masks but received no response.

^Oladub, CVS is also where I got my booster. I went online, and set up an appointment for 4 days later at my local CVS. Unlike the first 2 shots... I was only one of two there getting a booster on a Sunday at 5PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post

Ditto: "I just got my Moderna booster, and I still wear one [[Mask)..............

Smart. And kind also.

It's important for the vaccinated especially to wear masks when in public. While they are perhaps 40% less likely to become infected with Covid, [and perhaps 70 - 85% less likely to need hospitalization], they are much less likely to experience symptoms. Yet they are JUST as likely to spread covid, as the vaccines do nothing to prevent spread.

The end result is, the vaccinated are less likely to know to self quarantine. Instead they socialize like normal, and spread it.

In a bit of sick irony, the data shows that nearly all super-spreaders these days are vaccinated individuals.

So before going to any big gathering, make sure anyone that is vaccinated has gotten a PCR test within 24 hours of the event, or properly wears an N95 mask then entire time.

My thing is we are now seeing bits being put out there where one vaccine with 2 doses is more effective then another at 4 doses,you would think they would have told people that from the start so they could make that choice of which to receive.

Unless of course they are just figuring it out as they go along and were not aware of those little details,then it is understandable,what is not,is wondering what else they are forgetting to disclose.

"Unvaccinated people who had survived a previous COVID-19 infection were more than five times more likely to be reinfected with the virus compared to those who were fully vaccinated with the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines," CBS News said of CDC's findings.

However, the CDC appears to have contradicted their own claims when they admitted that they have no record of unvaccinated people with natural immunity against COVID spreading the disease.

The CDC admitted that they had not been keeping track of this data, which goes against their claims in the past that vaccines are the best way to be protected against COVID, particularly its Delta variant.

https://www.christianitydaily.com/ar...-the-virus.htm

I do have high hopes that someday this will all actually be about understanding a deadly virus and how to deal with it,but I am not holding my breath.
    Last edited by Richard; November-17-21 at 01:56 PM.

My wife got her booster shot two Mondays ago. Both of us had no problems at all from the 1st two shots. She was fine after the booster, she was fine the next morning when she woke up the next day. About 2pm the next day she was sick, with a temp over 100. Flu like symptoms. It lasted about 8 hours then she was fine again, It was pretty weird. I had my booster last Sunday morning - no problems what so ever from any of the three shots.

How Immunity Generated from COVID-19 Vaccines Differs from an Infection
    https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/0...omment-page-1/

Summary:
    1. mRNA vaccines [Phizer, Moderna] offer better protection against a broader range of COVID-19 variants than the protection you get if you survive infection.
    2. Infection survivors receive a significant additional protective benefit from mRNA vaccination.

In other words, get vaccinated for your own protection. Even if you were previously infected. Even if you only care about yourself.

Even if only an ass would consider only their own personal benefit.

We should also be getting vaccinated as a service to our elders, those among us with immune deficiencies [ex.: chemo patients], and everyone else with a condition that puts them at greater risk.

Do it for our healthcare practitioners, our teachers, our children who deserve to play and learn like usual. Do it so we can put COVID restrictions and anxieties behind us. Do it for our economy. Do it for the service employees who serve you for work. Do it for everyone else who may need care at a hospital. Do it for our community.

In other words, if you're still unvaccinated-- especially if you refuse to follow common sense precautions and have frequent social interactions, ride the bus, fly on planes, send your kids to school, eat indoors at restaurants, and especially if you're a healthcare practitioner, teacher, prison guard, or law enforcement officer: f*¢k you!

Vaccinated healthcare practitioners, teachers, prison guards, law enforcement officers, and other non-hermits: thanks!

Happy holidays. If you're not vaccinated, stay the f*¢k home.

Name:  2021-11-18_COVID-19_MI-data.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  77.0 KB
    Last edited by bust; November-17-21 at 10:49 PM.

In 2020 207,500 people die from measles
    In 2020 22 million children missed their measle shot,but nobody helped them with that deadly venture.
    10 people died at a rap concert in Texas,shot did not save them,are we now going to ban those who attend rap concerts from the work place and flights in order to save lives?

Seat belts and air bags were mandated to save lives but yet 1.3 million die in auto accidents every year in the US ,3500 per day.

Covid aside over 7500 people die everyday in the US ,over 50% of those deaths are due to heart disease.

Heart disease is still the number 1 cause of death in the United States

Shot or no shot

i) Patients with pre-existing cardiovascular disease and risk factors, especially diabetes and hypertension, are at increased risk for mortality with COVID-19 infection. [[ii) Between 20% and 40% of COVID-19-positive patients admitted to the hospital have elevated troponin, which is a major risk factor for in-hospital mortality, disease severity, and requirement for mechanical ventilation; the aetiology of troponin elevation is multifactorial.3 [[iii)

https://academic.oup.com/eurheartj/a...searchresult=1

odds are in ones lifetime,they will die from something and if it is part of that 54% shot or not it does not matter how many times you say F U you cannot stop it.

On March 18, Dr. Ryan Cole, a board-certified pathologist and owner and operator of a diagnostics lab, reported to the public in a video produced by Idaho state government’s “Capitol Clarity” project, that he is seeing a massive ‘uptick’ in various autoimmune diseases and cancers in patients who have been vaccinated.
    This doctor trained at the Mayo Clinic and runs the largest independent testing laboratory in Idaho.

https://peckford42.wordpress.com/202...ated-patients/

According to a German research study, polyethylene glycol, an ingredient found in the Pfizer and Moderna jabs, has been found to pose a “potential toxicity risk” to women’s ovaries.
    Dr. Michael Yeadon, a former vice president at Pfizer, has cited the German study as a possible explanation for the large number of menstrual irregularities and miscarriages being reported by vaccinated women.
    Yeadon warns young women to avoid the vaccine for, in his expert opinion as a toxicologist, the shots will likely impede a woman’s ability to get pregnant and carry a baby to term.

………………..

So let’s mandate all women get the shot before they can find employment,fly in a plane or even be allowed in a social atmosphere.

People running around passing judgment over others about a shot that they know little about or the long term effects that even the producers of the shot do not know,as they say,things sometimes have a habit of coming back to bite one in the rear.

Personally I still think this virus is doing exactly what it was designed to do,remove the unproductive elderly and sick from society and implement birth control in the population.

Tin foil hat or not,it is hard to argue that it is not exactly what is happening.
    Last edited by Richard; November-18-21 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    How Immunity Generated from COVID-19 Vaccines Differs from an Infection
    https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/0...omment-page-1/

Summary:
    1. mRNA vaccines [Phizer, Moderna] offer better protection against a broader range of COVID-19 variants than the protection you get if you survive infection.
    2. Infection survivors receive a significant additional protective benefit from mRNA vaccination.

In other words, get vaccinated for your own protection. Even if you were previously infected. Even if you only care about yourself.

Even if only an ass would consider only their own personal benefit.

We should also be getting vaccinated as a service to our elders, those among us with immune deficiencies [ex.: chemo patients], and everyone else with a condition that puts them at greater risk.

The data seems pretty clear that the above is incorrect. The Phizer, Moderna, J&J vaccines do nothing to protect your elders. They don't prevent you from transmitting the disease to others.

And by far the biggest studies to date clearly show that those that are merely vaccinated, [but never had covid] are 13x more likely to get covid than than those that survived it already. And those that survived do not seem to transmit.

So, get vaccinated for your own protection if you want to, but be sure to wear a mask when around others, as your vaccination does little to stop the spread.

This is pretty clearly evident when you consider that 70% of Americans are vaccinated at this point, yet deaths are at an all time high. Weren't we supposed to reach heard immunity at 70% ? And that's in addition to some 25% of Americans having actual immunity from the disease. Data from the CDC shows that 95% of Americans now test positive for antibodies.

The data also seems to indicate that the vaccinations are only good for a few months or so. Probably requiring a couple boosters a year.
    Last edited by Rocket; November-18-21 at 02:41 PM.

Rocket, great news:
    The vaccine does protect our loved ones, not just you.

Less contagious, recover quickly, less again.

The data here: Nature.com.

PCRs test the presence of viral DNA.
    Positive whether dead or alive.

No one wants to admit the data:
    Unvaccinated == more dead.
    Covid-19, yet not, is this you?

Seek closure.
    Keep situated, even far from home.

Again.
    You too?

How is that too much to ask?

Spare us our rights;
    Tell us your ethics,
    For now.
    Last edited by bust; November-25-21 at 10:18 AM.

I have had my two vaccines and the follow up booster. Initially, getting vaccines was a liberation from the fear of getting Covid and statistically worked very well for the general public. However, more recent information seems to suggest that the efficacy of these vaccines is eroding, heart problems are increasing and immune systems are being weakened. At first it was just the anti-vac dissenters but, more and more, statistics are backing this up particularly in England and Israel. I just read articles today about how a fourth shot was being considered in Israel and another that unvaccinated people in England under 60 are less likely to contract Covid than vaccinated people under 60. Our government is now warning us that we should wear masks and social distance even if we have had all our shots. This has to do with learning more but it is also an admission that vaccines are not working as well as formerly believed. We are getting back to where we started a year and a half ago. Highly vaccinated places like Gibraltar, Israel, and Minnesota are suffering Covid surges. U.S. 2021 Covid-19 deaths surpassed 2020 numbers over the weekend. Sweden did everything wrong but its statistics are not terrible.

We cannot go on pretending that the status quo works although it probably still works better than having no vaccines. I would like our government to fund non-RNA vaccine research and be open to other therapies particularly at the request of patients who volunteer to be Guiana pigs. I just had a conversation with friends who have family in Trinidad. They have taken hydro chloro quinine routinely, for years, when they visit Trinidad to stave off malaria. Our FDA says it can cause heart problems if used to head off Covid. I don't claim to know where the truth is but perhaps we should open up some options libertarian style to see what works instead of giving Pfizer and Moderna a monopoly on something that works less and less.
    Last edited by oladub; November-25-21 at 11:51 AM.

^ AstraZenecas version is being banned in several countries,which says you have several different versions of the shot and there is not just one way to address the virus,they already know that.

Every other medication put out comes with its owners manual of listed side effects so one can decide if the cure is worse then the disease.

But not the shots,every side effect that we hear about comes from everybody else but the manufacturer.

Now we are also finding out that the deaths in trials were written off because of underlying conditions,so they knew already the dangers of underlying conditions and the effectiveness of the shot.

So now they have a mandated shot,2 options only with each company drawing in billions per 1/4 with each new shot.

If it was really just all about a virus,they would list every possible option,with it’s known side effects and allow the one who is receiving the shot to make that decision.

These shots currently available were developed with a known acceptable death rate,they never gave those who they knew full well would die,any other option but death.

On the battlefield you are prepared to die for the greater good,why are we asking people to die for the greater good now while giving them no option but the two we present to them,while knowing full well there are other options out there.

Just as bad is when they know full well that the shots mess with female reproductive organs,so let’s force school age girls,who’s reproductive organs are in their development stage,to get a shot that will essentially sterilize them.

Who are we to make that decision for that child and be telling them in the interests of the greater good,they should give up their future ability to bear children.

Despite the drug industry’s apparent interest in preventing Democrats from controlling both Congress and the White House, contributions were almost evenly split between major political parties: $7.1 million went to Republicans, and $6.6 million went to Democrats.

https://www.statnews.com/feature/pre...full-data-set/

Who is looking out for who’s best interests?
    Last edited by Richard; November-25-21 at 12:37 PM.

Last edited by Zacha341; November-26-21 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post

Why isn't Uncle Joe, or anyone else, wearing a mask in the photo ops on the news feeds?

^ The inconsistencies at best [hypocrisies at worst] abound. Increasingly.

Beginning next week, travel will be restricted fron S. Africa and other Omicron infected African countries.

Excellent and over my head article on the new variant: Omicrom WHO came up with the new name.
    https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substack.com/p/new-concerning-variant-b11529?justPublished=true&fbclid=IwAR2IuOXouGoPwig g8b6OIzrqcUMI8722bWdSd5yiLh99-frI5wG1VXUIXm0
    Last edited by oladub; November-26-21 at 02:53 PM.

Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 59 ... LastLast