Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25 65 70 71 72 73 74 75
Results 1,851 to 1,873 of 1873

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Yup... looks like annual boostering is going to be the wave of the future. For those who refuse to get the shot... that's their choice. I'll be getting mine.
    I got the new Moderna [rumored to be higher dose/stronger than Pfizer] booster about 2 weeks ago, likely the very first day it got the OK. I believe in science and vaccines, so I took the opportunity to double up, booster in one arm and my first shingles shot in the other arm.
    No major side effects other than sore arms, and feel a bit funky for 24hrs or so. I had more side effects from the earlier boosters, maybe my tolerance is going up
    Last edited by Vic01; October-19-22 at 12:18 AM.

Yes. It can be argued to be advantageous that there's finally been work and research to further develop the booster injection, reflecting variants, reactions etc. Some with reticence about clearing out the original, existing Pfizer 'warehouse' stocks now have options to consider. And they may.

As to what, when, and IF boosted et al status, I rarely detail such personal information for potential vetting and assessments of adherence to the prevailing 'science' beyond my original injections. Which I might discuss. As to other details like booster time-frames etc. I make it a practice to avoid/ decline the ranking discussions I sometimes happen upon [eg. 'Are you boosted?' Is 'so and so' boosted yet?! How many? When? Why not?].

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Yup... looks like annual boostering is going to be the wave of the future. For those who refuse to get the shot... that's their choice. I'll be getting mine.

My sister and her husband got one of the Omicon variants a month ago from attending a hockey game [so they believe]. They were fully boostered [not the present one]. They were both considered high risk [diabetes, hypertension], but the boosters likely protected them. It took 3 weeks [no hospitalization required] for them to recover. Said it felt like a very bad flu, and my sister had what seems like the taste of metal in her mouth for a week!

I'm less worried about Covid vaccine side effects than Covid effects.

2 of my Facebook friends who died last year of the disease [never vaccinated]... their families each had Go-Fund-Me drives after their passing. Unless omitting the booster is due to an impactful health problem, I don't contribute.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-19-22 at 05:41 AM.

Have y’all seen what they are doing in Boston to the covid bug now?

Mainstream news reports this:
    https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/video...-covid-strain/

Tabloid across the pond [the comments are often where the real facts are found ----]:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...kill-rate.html

Boston U's Response:
    https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...d-covid-virus/

Boston University COVID researchers combine omicron spike protein with original virus, test strain on mice
    [What could go wrong?]
    https://www.bostonherald.com/2022/10...train-on-mice/
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-19-22 at 05:40 AM.

Like….
    WTF!

I have a few close Tribal friends
    one said about this
    Depopulation
    How does it feel to have the government do that to you?
    ouch

^ Hush! You've been watching, reading or whatever Quanon and Fox News!----

Re. the tribes [Native Americans etc], they DO have historical 'depopulation' markers as reference -- well beyond any newscasts, cancelling, censorings or website. For sho'!
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-23-22 at 05:14 PM.

New Boston Virus

Gain of function research in the USA today using enhanced potential pandemic pathogen [ePPP] research

Last edited by Zacha341; October-23-22 at 05:13 PM.

^^^^ He's not a medical doctor; he has a PhD in nursing.
    Campbell began posting YouTube videos about COVID-19 daily in January 2020. In March 2020, he argued that China's COVID-19 statistics were grossly underestimated and that the US and UK were doing too little to contain COVID-19.[9] In September 2020, Campbell argued that more ventilation in pubs, restaurants and cafes was needed in addition to the existing mitigations.[19]
    In August 2022 David Gorski wrote for Science-Based Medicine that while at the beginning of the pandemic Campbell had "seemed semi-reasonable", he later became a "total COVID-19 crank
    David Henry Gorski is an American surgical oncologist, professor of surgery at Wayne State University School of Medicine,[1] and a surgical oncologist at the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, specializing in breast cancer surgery.[2] He is an outspoken skeptic, and a critic of alternative medicine and the anti-vaccination movement. He is the author of the blog Respectful Insolence, and the managing editor of the website Science-Based Medicine.[3][4][5]
    Last edited by jcole; October-23-22 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post

[What could go wrong?]

Not much. I doubt they'll forget to release it.

V. Putin is using a different tactic, ..

Yes. Most are aware of this. I am. It's not concealed. Campbell references both scientist and doctors. It's not like he has a Phd in Basket Weaving.

Additionally, individuals within US populations [and elsewhere] are presenting with varied experiences with COVID and the approved injections. They WILL have varied information and outcomes. They're not not all MD's either.

Indeed there are 'medical' doctors who also vary in their findings, experience with and opinions re. COVID. Thankfully.

As time goes on more information and results are being reported without the reflexive censoring and political assertions when not 100% positive re. the varied injection options.

Thank you for sharing Gorski's info.

To the bigger point: What should we think about what's going in Boston as discussed not only in the Campbell video, but also in mainstream media? Just another day at the research lab?

Should we be conducting Gain of Function experimentation after seeing what has occurred already?

How secure are these experimentations [studies]? Risk free?

Is this NOT another 'existential' threat/risk as we so often hear re. climate, etc.?

This is why I considered watching and sharing the video to review what Campbell details and references.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    ^^^^ He's not a medical doctor; he has a PhD in nursing.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-24-22 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yes. Most are aware of this. I am. It's not concealed. Campbell references both scientist and doctors. It's not like he has a Phd in Basket Weaving.

Additionally, individuals within US populations [and elsewhere] are presenting with varied experiences with COVID and the approved injections. They WILL have varied information and outcomes. They're not not all MD's either.

Indeed there are 'medical' doctors who also vary in their findings, experience with and opinions re. COVID. Thankfully.

As time goes on more information and results are being reported without the reflexive censoring and political assertions when not 100% positive re. the varied injection options.

Thank you for sharing Gorski's info.

To the bigger point: What should we think about what's going in Boston as discussed not only in the Campbell video, but also in mainstream media? Just another day at the research lab?

Should we be conducting Gain of Function experimentation after seeing what has occurred already?

How secure are these experimentations [studies]? Risk free?

Is this NOT another 'existential' threat/risk as we so often hear re. climate, etc.?

This is why I considered watching and sharing the video to review what Campbell details and references.
    Besides all the money involved and the novelty of being able to manipulate what not, what good has become of this type of gain of function research. Why make these diseases more virulent when the goal should to make them less virulent.
    All this experimentation and still the common cold afflicts all.
    The down side seems to have the upper hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Besides all the money involved and the novelty of being able to manipulate what not, what good has become of this type of gain of function research. Why make these diseases more virulent when the goal should to make them less virulent.
    All this experimentation and still the common cold afflicts all.
    The down side seems to have the upper hand.

Well, their reasoning has always been that they're trying to find what each of these disease types might become next, and develop a vaccine for it early.

And also, to find what "the enemy" might make in it's labs to use against us, and develop vaccines for those too.

Of course they've never accomplished that to my knowledge.

What's so insidious is Fauci having his name on the patents for the virus, and the spike protein, and then paying the Wuhan lab [[with our money) to complete the work on gain of function for Covid. Then it "accidentally" leaks out, or, magically appears out of a wet market 20 miles from the lab?

Then when subpoenaed for the patent payment records re covid, Fauci illegally redacts the amounts and the sources of the 20+ corporate patent royalty payments he's gotten from Congress. Is that 20 million he's received so far? 300 million? We don't know.
    Last edited by Rocket; October-25-22 at 06:17 AM.

The New York State supreme court has ordered New York City to rehire and pay back wages to government employees who were fired for refusing to get vaccinated against Covid-19.

The court deemed both Chokshi’s and Adams’s orders “arbitrary and capricious,” while also finding that Chokshi’s violated the New York State constitution.

“The Health Commissioner cannot create a new condition of employment for city employees, . . . cannot prohibit an employee from reporting to work . . . [and] cannot terminate employees. The Mayor cannot exempt certain employees from these orders,” reads the opinion, which was authored by Judge Ralph J. Porzio. Porzio noted that vaccination against Covid-19 does not prevent transmission of the disease, but noted that the decision “is not a commentary on the efficacy of vaccination.”

“If it was about safety and public health, no one would be exempt. It is time for the City of New York to do what is right and what is just,” concluded Porzio.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/york-supr...174624343.html

U.S. will again offer free at-home Covid tests starting Monday

The Biden administration on Wednesday said it will resume offering free at-home Covid tests to American households Monday as the virus gains a stronger foothold nationwide.

Americans will soon be able to use COVIDtests.gov to request four free tests, the administration said in a release.

The government had offered free test kits through that website since January 2022, but the site stopped taking orders June 1 of this year to conserve supplies of the tests.

The government is relaunching the program in time for the fall and winter when the virus typically spreads at higher levels. Covid hospitalizations have already increased for eight straight weeks — an uptick primarily driven by newer strains of the virus.

But the Biden administration noted that the at-home tests set to be delivered will detect currently circulating Covid variants.

The kits are intended for use through the end of 2023 and will come with instructions for how people can verify if a test’s expiration date has been extended, the administration added....

Any idea of these test for the latest variant?

The gov't was sending out mountains of tests a year ago. Unsolicited, my mom got 8 of them in a package, 3 different times! That's 48 tests.

We used one once, just because some event she was going to wanted everyone to be tested. We tossed the rest into the dumpster.

Now according to the CDC, vaccinated people are WAY more susceptible to the new cov id variants.

Perhaps they'll put restrictions on where vaccinated people can go? And require them to have a negative test within the last 24 hours before flying?

The best source of information about the extent and changes in Covid cases is this: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html

From what I can make of the map, there are presently only four people in Detroit hospitalized with Covid. However, there is an national uptick in Covid cases and 996 Covid deaths were reported nationwide during the week of Sept. 3 - Sept. 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Now according to the CDC, vaccinated people are WAY more susceptible to the new cov id variants.
    https://www.reuters.com/fact-check/c...nt-2023-09-18/

I know of a few people who in recent weeks have tested positive with varying degrees of sickness from sniffles to flu equivalents. However, none have required hospitalization even though they all are elderly. Anybody else having similar experiences?

I am noticing an uptick in mask-wearing in stores which indicates to me others might be hearing the same.

Last week I got the new booster. That makes six jabs total now.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    From what I can make of the map, there are presently only four people in Detroit hospitalized with Covid. However, there is a national uptick in Covid cases and 996 Covid deaths were reported nationwide during the week of Sept. 3 - Sept. 9.

Here are some more localized data from The New York Times:

Note the caveat for the final two graphs at the bottom of the pages:
    The data in these charts has been archived and they are no longer being updated.
    Last edited by Jimaz; September-24-23 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    ...Now according to the CDC, vaccinated people are WAY more susceptible to the new covid variants...
    would you please provide a link to the specific source article? "according to the CDC" is way too general. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    would you please provide a link to the specific source article? "according to the CDC" is way too general. Thanks!
    Did you read my post #1868?

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25 65 70 71 72 73 74 75