Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 50 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1873

Mississippi, which is already at the crisis point, where the states largest hospital system has asked for federal medical staff, Mississippi may be showing what is to come elsewhere with 1000 kids there already test positive at schools in that state...

https://www.usnews.com/news/educatio...school-reopens

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    For those not wanting to take the shot, all they have to do is spend 5 minutes watching and listening to those who have and realize that is not the kind of human being they want to be like, kinda makes the virus irrelevant.
    Richard... this statement is compete and utter Bullshit... and insulting as hell to those of us who have taken the vaccine. Please stop.

Sounds like something an unvaccinated person might say.
    Last edited by Gistok; August-12-21 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Richard... this statement is compete and utter Bullshit... and insulting as hell to those of us who have taken the vaccine. Please stop.

Sounds like something an unvaccinated person might say.

Seriously? Maybe I was raised differently but in my book if you are going to insult others,you really need to be prepared to accept it in return.

It still baffles me how some feel they are exempt from the judgement they place on others.

You continuously parrot your personal interpretation of who a non shot person is,while having zero idea of the metrics surrounding each individual.

Your favorite one is it is the uneducated ones.

I posted a link that includes one of the most complete analyses of who and why some are choosing not to receive the shot.

My guess is you did not read it or if you did,you did not like the part where the most highly educated are choosing not to receive the shot over the mainstream educated,what do those educated minds know over your educated mind?

If you are going to post - Please stop - with an angry little face how about you Please stop with the refusing to except the facts presented and using those facts to base decisions on.

I am not posting anything fake,false or misleading,just because you like to pick and choose what you want to absorb and apparently get angry when you see something that you do not like,but then you take the next step to try and turn it about me.

Its not about me and it is not about you,your agenda is clear,if you want to discuss what is posted that is one thing,if you dispute the facts presented then you need to seek clarification from the entity presenting them,I have not posted opinion pieces,I have posted facts directly from government sources or government funded sources.

You can choose to make decisions based on things changing like the wind but I prefer not to.

Remember we are in the Information Age,where all the information is available at your fingertips,it’s presented and what you do with it personally is up to you,if you choose to ignore or pick and choose what you want to hear that is also on you.

I am not pro shot or anti shot ,I am pro information that gives everybody the facts that they can use to make that decision,from the start the flow of information has been a cluster pluck,from the government and from the experts and those who refuse to let a good pandemic go to waste and are using it to further their agenda.

If somebody wants to be coddled with information they need to find a mother,they should have been honest from the start with the flow of information and not treated the entire population as if they were incapable of self thought.

You are not going to get anywhere insulting or trying to shame people into doing what you want them to do.

But you can give them a honest and consistent assessment that they can use.

Interesting enough,a few weeks back the local hospitals disposed of those employees who choose not to get the shot,now they are saying it is critical because of staff shortages.

It is not as simple as either - or ,funny thing is they had the facilities to determine how many of those staff members were actually immune but never choose to find that out.

Clearly trying to maintain this course of do or die is not working and rash decisions are being made without the benefit of full knowledge and understanding what they are dealing with.
    Last edited by Richard; August-12-21 at 09:18 AM.

Oh, so you're an "eye for an eye" type person. Figures.
    Seriously? Maybe I was raised differently but in my book if you are going to insult others,you really need to be prepared to accept it in return.

Richard... I've been on this forum for 22 years, and I'm impervious to most personal attacks... especially if I don't read most of your long winded posts.

Just for the record, I've taken Medical Ethics as an undergrad college course [in place of Business Ethics, which is a joke]. And your posts showing that you don't even remotely understand what you are talking about, gives off a lot of alarm bells in the Medical Ethics area. Did you get your info from Rand Paul... an annoying eye doctor pretending to be an immunologist?

But then again, you seem to be an expert in so many areas... but calling out vaccinated people for acting responsible, and denigrating them as being "less" than the unvaccinated... that takes your voluminous posts to a whole new level...
    Last edited by Gistok; August-12-21 at 10:18 AM.

Richard... I've been on this forum for 22 years, and I'm impervious to most personal attacks... especially if I don't read most of your long winded posts.

Just for the record, I've taken Medical Ethics as an undergrad college course [in place of Business Ethics, which is a joke]. And your posts showing that you don't even remotely understand what you are talking about, gives off a lot of alarm bells in the Medical Ethics area. Did you get your info from Rand Paul... an annoying eye doctor pretending to be an immunologist?

But then again, you seem to be an expert in so many areas... but calling out vaccinated people for acting responsible, and denigrating them as being "less" than the unvaccinated... that takes your voluminous posts to a whole new level...

this is why you are a part of the problem and not a part of the solution,what I think or know is irrelevant,that is precisely why I have posted direct government links,you have an issue with that,bring it up with them,but you will not because you find it easier to attack me verses submitted information.

Just like your direct accusation of me getting my information from Rand Paul,I have heard his name but outside of that I do not even know who he is or what he stands for.

Keep up with the cheap shots and false accusations,you being on the forum for 22 years does not give you the right to treat people like you do.

Show me your expert credentials that are accredited and I will take them at heart,claiming you are the resident expert does not pass the muster.

If you really took medical ethics you sure do not show it,and I could have sworn that you have said in the past that you have a masters in logic.

If you are not reading my posts,why are you trying to use them as a diversion that covers zero of the topic I posted on?

Stop being afraid of looking at all of the facts instead of cherry picking what you want to hear,that would be considered unethical if you were really an educated ethical medical whatever.

How come you are not at the White House dictating to the world with your vast knowledge of virology,you could have saved millions of lives if you had just applied that expertise sooner.

If I post something that you feel is not factual,then by all means show your disputing facts,but you are not doing that,by your own admission,you are not reading my posts anyways.

So why are you going out of your way to make this personal and ramble on about me when it is not?

That is called motive,what motive could you possibly have when your only mission is to distract and not deal directly or even attempt with posted facts.

Why exactly does one need to spend money and get educated on ethics?

Ethics is ethics it does not matter what field it refers to and it does not require a masters for permission to apply them.

Ethics is very significant in the world of business. It is the study of morally appropriate behaviour and decisions, and examining what should be done. Ethics helps to mould and shape human behaviour. It aids employees to perform their roles.
    However, ethics cannot be instilled unless we ‘practice what we preach’. Otherwise, the effect of preaching will last only as long as a house of cards.

https://www.yourarticlelibrary.com/b...s/ethics/99812

How is your house of cards?
    Last edited by Richard; August-12-21 at 11:34 AM.

I want to speak to the manager! I've been given the wrong shot! Dammit!

BREAKING NEWS on Delta: Moderna 2-dose better than Pfizer 2-dose

The mRNA vaccine from Pfizer and BioNTech may be less effective than
    Moderna’s against the delta variant of the coronavirus, according to
    two reports posted on medRxiv on Sunday ahead of peer review

Quote Originally Posted by Brock7 View Post

Yeah... just read that... glad I got the Maderna!

I have a feeling we'll all be getting the booster shot [whichever that is] sooner or later... to protect ourselves from the non-believers...

...I have a feeling we'll all be getting the booster shot [whichever that is] sooner or later....
    I heard recently they're expecting to approve boosters in the Fall for those over 60 or who received the vaccine early on. These are in addition to those relatively few with compromised immune systems.

I got Moderna, I got Moderna!!!!

The manager will say,I just work here don’t blame me,you have to do your own research.

Granted it probably would have been nice if they had disclosed those little pertinent bits of information before people got the shot,so they could decide,but that kinda defeats the purpose,and they are quick to say you cannot mix and match.

You are still only in the 3% category of catching it and although they repeat Delta variant 7 million times a day,they really are only at best guess because the only way to determine the variant,is by sending your case to the CDC lab.

The booster is for those with compromised immune systems.

I would think the key to any shot would be to find out what it’s level of protection rate decline over time,which only time will give that answer.

CBSN had an expert of some sort that said this is the last variant and it should end in late September,must be a really smart person to be able to predict the end of a virus.
    Last edited by Richard; August-13-21 at 08:20 AM.

The so-called pre-print study, which has not gone through a peer review or been published in an academic journal...

enough said?

Another "report" referenced on Quora by Mitchell Tsai a "Virus researcher at Harvard Medical School in 1980s"

All it shows is that anybody can post anything and dress it up as "fact" and someone will run with it... without any fact checking. If it hasn't been peer reviewed, published, and corroborated by multiple sources, it's generally Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    The so-called pre-print study, which has not gone through a peer review or been published in an academic journal...

enough said?
    All Oladub did was post a link, we read it, and it included what you just repeated... yup... check... got it...

What You Need to Know About the Delta Variant

Several COVID-19 variants are acting uniquely enough to qualify as a distinct strain. And you might have heard about one on the news: the Delta variant. Today we’re going to talk about what it is, why it’s here, and what you need to know about it.

^ ha,some complain about reading a 30 second long post,doubt they are going to watch a 7 minute video.

Still leaves more questions then answers.

If the CDC lab is the only one that can identify the Delta variant and they are only doing a small sampling of the overall cases how exactly can they call it the dominant variant?

If you have the shot,show no symptoms but the virus remains in your system,you would show positive,is that counted as a positive case and can you be sent home as a positive case that gets a social society pass because you have your vaccination card.

I am still not convinced that the current spread was because of the delta variant or the relaxation of stopping the spread rules,because everybody is capable of getting it and spreading it,shot or not.

The guy is right though when he says - They just do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Oh, so you're an "eye for an eye" type person. Figures.
    No I am not a,rules for thee but not for me type person,I know you would find issue with that and most likely in the crowd of cheerleaders encouraging bullies in school.

Kinda reminds me of people you see in stores that figure the louder they scream and rant the more they will get what they want,because some cave in just to shut them up,some of us are not intimidated by bullies.

It probably irritates you that not everybody follows into lockstep,some need to be led through life with direction, but everybody always has not.
    Last edited by Richard; August-14-21 at 08:08 AM.

enough said?
    1. Note the words "may be".

2. The article specifies that it has not gone through peer review.

3. The article is about a Mayo Clinic study. Mayo Clinic has a good reputation.

^ ha, some complain about reading a 30 second long post, doubt they are going to watch a 7 minute video.
    Not at all... a 7 minute video that is to the point and concise is easy to watch and comprehent.

But reading you "30 second random meeting of often unrelated Googled information" is often a difficult read that can lead to people just bypassing it.

Apples and Oranges.

Not at all... a 7 minute video that is to the point and concise is easy to watch and comprehent.

But reading you "30 second random meeting of often unrelated Googled information" is often a difficult read that can lead to people just bypassing it.

Apples and Oranges.
    You posted that you were an expert in medical ethics

AMA Principles of Medical Ethics

1. A physician shall continue to study, apply, and advance scientific knowledge, maintain a commitment to medical education, make relevant information available to patients, colleagues, and the public, obtain consultation, and use the talents of other health professionals when indicated.

https://www.ama-assn.org/about/publi...medical-ethics

No where does it say,go on the internet and provide a distraction while whining about others posts.

No where does it also say ,go on the internet and dispute presented facts while ignoring what is required of you as outlined.

So despite your make believe credentials or if they are real,I hope you are not expecting the taxpayers to pay off your student loans where you clearly learned nothing.

You are fired as the resident medical ethics review board.

Detroit has enough flooding problems without the river of tears you are adding to it ,from things created in your own mind.

When you post links,do they just pop up in your mind and then jump through your fingers into the key board?

In order to find them to present,you had to search them out on your preferred search engine,Google.

But yet you keep using that as an argument toward me,I think there is a distinct difference between being intelligent and smart.

Where were you back in the LSD days,you would have been fun to be around while tripping.

Just like your jab against businesses owners and their inferior mentality compared to your highly intellectual superiority,you may do well with a book but in the real world, business owners practice risk assessment,otherwise they do not last and if they were apart of your follow the crowd mentality,they would not be in business in the first place.

You might do better if you at least make an attempt to understand the basics of what makes people tick.

Disclaimer

The AMA link provided was found using Yahoo search,no Google search engines were harmed during that process,but feel free to carry on with the manipulation tactics.

Twisty freeze is hiring if you are interested,that would be a job requirement,twisting things around to create a product.

I bet you spent at least an hour while making that LEGO Trump so you would have a long lasting momento on your night stand,but when it comes to facts presented that could directly effect your life?

It becomes 6 seconds and 6 words or less or I am out of here.

How many people do you think are now questioning the brand of shot that they received and are now wishing that they had a few more facts to base their choice on,facts that were withheld or not made available until after they made their decision.

People like you that make it their mission to hide the facts and deprive others of being able to make their choice.

For every action there is a reaction,and you are dumbfounded as to why there is hesitation.
    Last edited by Richard; August-14-21 at 01:46 PM.

I'm sure it will come as a shock to some of you on this forum, but we're all gonna die. [[1) Sooner, or [[2) Later. I'm 84, so [[1) Sooner is a giveme for me. For the rest of you? Well, shit happens.

It's going to be interesting to see how masking and mask enforcement will applied and managed upon small and young children returning to our schools? High school students should comparable to adults [in their compliance and appropriate use]. Eight year olds on the other hand....

Everyone Should Wear A Mask In Schools, Vaccinated Or Not, U.S. Pediatricians Say

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/20/10183...iatricians-say

What the American Association of Pediatrics says...

https://www.aap.org/en/pages/2019-no...on-in-schools/
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-15-21 at 09:51 AM.

Another "report" referenced on Quora by Mitchell Tsai a "Virus researcher at Harvard Medical School in 1980s"

All it shows is that anybody can post anything and dress it up as "fact" and someone will run with it... without any fact checking. If it hasn't been peer reviewed, published, and corroborated by multiple sources, it's generally Bullshit.
    Even after publication and peer review, a single study is just one piece of a much larger puzzle.

The percentage of peer-reviewed studies that can't be replicated is very large, and I think a near-majority. So when you hear this single study saying something, you can ignore it.

Science isn't "one study". Its a process of seeking truth. Its full of blind alleys.

Although the FDA has rightly come under fire for being too-cautious, they don't accept single-study results. They require much more, including very well-controlled tests and layers of review.

Its also especially dangerous to take any one-study result in politicized issues. People who have an opinion are easy to find. And when they do a 'study', confirmation bias is hard to avoid.

Going even deeper here, let's say this one characteristic of Moderna is accurate. Its just a little better on protecting the vaccinated against infection than Pfizer. That's just one factor. Might be that Pfizer works better in people under, say, 60. And you're under 60. So 'one-study' about the overall protection of one drug over another might be completely wrong about you [[or your peers).

There are lots of funny things you can see when you zoom into anything about this pandemic. Right now, data-cruncher Zvi Moscovitz is trying to figure out why England seems to have done better with Delta than the we have. He wonders if maybe Oxford AstraZenica might be the difference. So here's a drug we won't approve, used widely approved 'round the world [[including in Windsor just across the border I think, and certainly broadly in Canada) that a really bright guy thinks might just be better than our Moderna/Pfizer/J&J mix in controlling delta. He may be 100% wrong. But he's not a dull knife.

Why do I tell this story.... be careful about chasing ghosts. Moderna's a fine drug. And seems like the best of the bunch right now. Its too early to tell anything for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see how masking and mask enforcement will applied and managed upon small and young children returning to our schools? High school students should comparable to adults [in their compliance and appropriate use]. Eight year olds on the other hand....

Everyone Should Wear A Mask In Schools, Vaccinated Or Not, U.S. Pediatricians Say

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/20/10183...iatricians-say

What the American Association of Pediatrics says...

https://www.aap.org/en/pages/2019-no...on-in-schools/
    9 out of 10 dentists say you should chew sugar free gum.

What is the motive behind mask mandates that allow for a mask that science has proven to provide zero protection?

CNN did a whole story about 4 teachers who died from Covid last week in Broward county Florida and then went directly into the governors policy on school mask mandates and how they were killing people.

They forgot to mention school had not even started yet and the teachers did not contract Covid in the classroom.

They updated a retraction after it was brought to their attention but it was to late,they already spent 2 days creating a false narrative.

Here is the guardian doing the same thing.

Once again,school in broward county does not start until this week,and it also has a mask mandate in place outside of what the governor says.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/13/four-florida-broward-country-teachers-died-days-before-school-year-begins

6000 teachers in Florida 3.2 million in the country,odds are there will be some effected.

How can they predict the future?

The study found that less than one percent of Florida students contracted the coronavirus during the state's initial reopening of schools.

Between August 10 and December 21, 2020, 25,094 school-related COVID cases were reported among students. When compared to the 2,809,553 registered students in Florida, researchers found only .89 percent of COVID cases occurred in schools.

https://www.wtsp.com/mobile/article/...3-76a6e76cb497

A district close to me had 2 cases of school kids testing positive when they started the school year last week,so they sent everybody home and shut the district down while 1000s of single mothers who have just returned to the workplace had to leave in the middle of the day in order to collect their children and figure out what they are going to do moving forward.

We have a governor election coming up next year,make it look like you are following the science without actually following it,so you can say bad man does not care about the kids.
    Last edited by Richard; August-15-21 at 11:11 AM.

Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 50 ... LastLast