Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 56 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6 46 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1873

^ so you are assuming everybody that does not get the shot also eats a hot dog while drinking their monster energy drink and has a vape afterwards.

I did not mention the coke because the meme speaks its own stupidity on it’s own,because everybody knows if you do a line there is no need for the energy drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    “What we’re starting to see now is an uptick in hospitalizations among people who’ve been vaccinated but not boosted,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Disease, said Tuesday in an interview. “It’s a significant proportion, but not the majority by any means.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-says-rcna5907

Now all you have to do is put a number on what the difference between “significant” and “majority “

It’s like safely saying “it’s a lot,but not a lot.
    You forgot to click on the link...........https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...ns-vaccination

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    You forgot to click on the link...........https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...ns-vaccination
    That is interesting to see how they always told us that the elderly 65 and up were the most vulnerable unvaccinated,that data disputes that.

Also Interesting how it morphed from the elderly being the most vulnerable to the young now being the most vulnerable,little sucker figured out that it was missing a lot of the population and had to,let’s just say - adjust in order to get full coverage.

Right about the time when they started pushing for the youngsters to get the shot,almost right on cue.

I remember back in the mid 80s my nephews girlfriend right out of high school went to nursing school,the day she graduated her first nursing job paid her $75,000 per year because there was such a shortage of nurses,good money back then for a 21 year old,I know a nurse now that has also been complaining about shortages for the last 10 years.

I have been self employed for 40 years and there has always been a labor shortage when it comes to people that want to actually work.

I know people in the trucking industry that has dealt with driver shortages going back into the 70s.

Point is,people get jaded when every ill that encompasses this country is blamed on Covid.

During the restrictions and lock downs,the companies that stayed open had record years in sales,look at Amazons numbers,the supply chain had no problem with worker shortages or driver shortages,the demand did not decrease,it actually increased,people had piles of money and nothing else to do but spend it.

There is a big difference in what they say on television verses what is happening in the street,people see through that and it breeds mistrust.

The only thing that has changed,is they say it will cost the average family up to $4500 more this year then it did before the pandemic started,due to increased costs.

It’s cost a lot of lives and in the process has thrown millions more into the poverty realm,it has become one of the largest transfers of wealth that we have not seen in generations,it’s made a few people billions over billions at the cost of the lower income.
    Last edited by Richard; December-24-21 at 02:44 PM.

With all that spinning, how has Richard not augered himself into the ground yet; you know, like a cartoon character...

Musculoskeletal symptoms rather than upper-respiratory ones mark infection with the omicron strain, says Dr. Angelique Coetzee
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...on-11640376567

South Africa STOPS contact tracing and quarantine... will not make asymptomatic Covid sufferers isolate because containment of virus is ‘no longer viable’
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-isolate.html

South Africa Has Likely Passed the Peak of Omicron COVID Cases, Indicating a Shorter Wave for U.S.
    https://people.com/health/south-afri...r-wave-for-us/
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-24-21 at 08:45 PM.

The data we're getting now seems to indicate that people who are vaccinated are FAR more likely to get omicron than the un-vax'd.

In Denmark you're twice as likely to get omicron as unvax'd [adjusted for vax rates].

In Israel you're 76% more likely to get it if you're triple vax'd than if you're unvax'd.

In South Korea and the Netherlands, case rates are WAY above anything pre-vaccine, and virtually everyone there is vaccinated.

Each mutation seems to avoid the vaccine more and more, while simultaneously, the vaccines are damaging their immune systems.

These non-sterilizing "leaky" vaccines are worse than nothing at this point, and each future mutation is expected to harm the vaccinated more and more.

I have to put on a wedding reception in a couple of months, and I think we're gonna have to require all the vaccinated guests to test before entering, perhaps setting up a series of small heated tents outside where they can stand for 15 min while they wait for their results. The saving grace is that less than 20% of the people on the guest list are vax'd, and none of them are old or overweight. So it might just be 10 or so people in their 20's that will need to do that. Perhaps I'll put some shrimp cocktails and hot toddies out there for them while they wait?

I tested positive a week ago today. I'm pretty sure I know who I caught it from because I was in contact with her several days before. Unfortunately, she never told me she tested positive. I found out from my daughter who is friends with her daughter. I had an appt. for the booster but started to feel crummy. Intense sinus headache, extremely tired, my ears hurt and a low grade fever the first day. Feeling much better but disappointed she never told me she tested positive two days after I saw her. Another Christmas without seeing my siblings and their families.
    Last edited by Maof; December-26-21 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I have to put on a wedding reception in a couple of months, and I think we're gonna have to require all the vaccinated guests to test before entering, perhaps setting up a series of small heated tents outside where they can stand for 15 min while they wait for their results. The saving grace is that less than 20% of the people on the guest list are vax'd, and none of them are old or overweight. So it might just be 10 or so people in their 20's that will need to do that. Perhaps I'll put some shrimp cocktails and hot toddies out there for them while they wait?
    I have a wedding on New Year's Day. The bride wants everyone to get tested beforehand. She's getting a lot of backlash from her future husband's family. I have a feeling it's not going to end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    I have a wedding on New Year's Day. The bride wants everyone to get tested beforehand. She's getting a lot of backlash from her future husband's family. I have a feeling it's not going to end well.

I hear ya.

The couple weddings I know about [[invited to) are requiring vaccinations to attend. So fully 1/2 of the invitees can't attend.

Strange times.

The data we're getting now seems to indicate that people who are vaccinated are FAR more likely to get omicron than the un-vax'd.

In Denmark you're twice as likely to get omicron as unvax'd [adjusted for vax rates].

In Israel you're 76% more likely to get it if you're triple vax'd than if you're unvax'd.

In South Korea and the Netherlands, case rates are WAY above anything pre-vaccine, and virtually everyone there is vaccinated.

Each mutation seems to avoid the vaccine more and more, while simultaneously, the vaccines are damaging their immune systems.

These non-sterilizing "leaky" vaccines are worse than nothing at this point, and each future mutation is expected to harm the vaccinated more and more.

Um I question your assertions... especially this part...

"Each mutation seems to avoid the vaccine more and more, while simultaneously, the vaccines are damaging their immune systems.

These non-sterilizing "leaky" vaccines are worse than nothing at this point, and each future mutation is expected to harm the vaccinated more and more."

You don't sound like you are pro-vaccination... not sure what "leaky" means, but I doubt you got that from any medical study.

I don't question that vaccinated people also get Omicron... but to say that vaccinated people are more likely to get it, just because a particular country has a very high percentage of vaccinated people, in and of itself does NOT mean vaccinated are more likely to get Covid than unvaccinated. Apples and oranges.

Would love to read some of your sources, especially where you state that the vaccinated are damaging their immune systems...

I know several people who had the vaccines but not the booster, that came down with what appears to be the Omicron variant... were sick for a few days, but recovered quickly without hospitalization.

Just found this article about the "misinformation" that is being spread online by people who are interpreting the preliminary results incorrectly...

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2T81PO
    Last edited by Gistok; December-26-21 at 11:36 AM.

Gistok, NONE of his assertions were true. Case in point:
    I have had 3 vaccinations, all Pfizer. I got NO antibodies from any of those three. I happen to be immunocompromised, so the vaccine didn't ruin my immune system, but the drugs I take ruined the vaccines, apparently.

Soon there will be other vaccines and monoclonal antibodies that are able to have people like me seroconvert. Hopeful for that, at least.

It keeps getting harder to find good info. The various government health departments seem to have stopped graphing the case and death rates for vaxxed v.s. unvaxxed. The raw data can still be found, but it requires each individual to know where to look, and to chart it out themselves.

This author did so for the UK data just 3 days ago.

https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/more-evidence-on-omicron-vaccine?fbclid=IwAR1dik62iEClzBR_uYVzOyY1lIam391Dh Yps5pnIE5FvqHy6VkOmmr1mqyA

Of course it has been long expected that each new variant would be less effected by the vaccine [developed for the Alpha variant]. Since then we've had Beta, Gamma, Delta, and now Omicron, yet they're still selling the vax for Alpha? Makes no sense.

There's some evidence that people with a recent booster are 55% less likely to catch Omicron than people who only had 2 shots months ago, but even that doesn't "seem" to be enough to catch them up to the safety of those that had no shots at all.

Time will tell what the best course of action was.

Apparently there are Delta vaccines that have been developed. Anyone's guess why they're still giving Alpha shots.
    Last edited by Rocket; December-26-21 at 02:26 PM.

A major laboratory in Australia incorrectly told 400 people their coronavirus test result was negative on Christmas Day, when they had actually tested positive for the virus.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...itive-12503928
    Covid-19 in UK: At least 43,000 might have received false negative test results

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world...293131150.html

TORONTO -- A laboratory in Hamilton has apologized after 31 people received incorrect COVID-19 test results because of what it called a processing error.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/ha...ults-1.5262215

According to the Johns Hopkins University report, the accuracy of the tests peaks at 80%.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/covid-19-rtpcr-tests-false-negative-results-5073062

That is only dealing with false negative,I did not do the search for the false positive,which most likely be the same.

So you go to fly or work and get tested as a requirement,outside of getting multiple tests from different sources how are you really supposed to know or even contain?

So if you are requiring everybody to show negative testing in order to attend a wedding,you have a 20% chance that a false test will spread a positive result to everybody else anyways.

Why not just mask up?
    Last edited by Richard; December-26-21 at 03:12 PM.

Richard... our new mascot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRITURnylYA

Hello TON, how did you find out that you did not get antibodies from your vaccines? I'm not asking to do crazy or mock. I'm curious as it's my understanding that most doctors do not provide antibody assessments.

Antibodies as a factor for assisting in recovery or not getting COVID seems off the table here respective to vaccines as sole response. You can hardly talk about self-managed diets and nutrients, etc. that could be taken along with vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by townonenorth View Post
    Gistok, NONE of his assertions were true. Case in point:
    I have had 3 vaccinations, all Pfizer. I got NO antibodies from any of those three. I happen to be immunocompromised, so the vaccine didn't ruin my immune system, but the drugs I take ruined the vaccines, apparently.

Soon there will be other vaccines and monoclonal antibodies that are able to have people like me seroconvert. Hopeful for that, at least.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-26-21 at 09:46 PM.

COVID is up now and people are making various choices. In late September, I attended a wedding of 200+ in middle Michigan. No masks. Not sure who was vaxxed. I test weekly [per my employers request] and tested negative.

I'm vaxxed, but don't think I would attend any large wedding right now.

I've a friend triple-vaxxed, who now has COVID. He lost his taste and smell for a few days [which alerted him to get a test]. Otherwise he is ok. So the vaxxing option does seem keep the virus from the serious impacts [including death] upon the body it initially had a year ago.

...The couple weddings I know about [invited to] are requiring vaccinations to attend. So fully 1/2 of the invitees can't attend.

Strange times.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-26-21 at 11:20 PM.

What Are the Symptoms of Omicron?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/21/w...oms-covid.html

Discovery Health, South Africa’s largest private health insurance administrator, releases at-scale, real-world analysis of Omicron...
    https://www.discovery.co.za/corporate/news-room

^Zacha341.. an acquaintance got the triple, but also picked up Covid [[age 50). She was feeling yucky for 4 days, and then was fine again. Didn't lose her taste/smell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

Christmas Day,the Burmese army rounded up 40 men women and children in a village and killed them all and burned their bodies,because they did not like their religion.

No matter what happens with corona,I am going to live my life while enjoying the freedoms that those before me secured,while not living in fear.

As far as the corona,a little honesty would have gone a long way.

Yeah, I wonder if my friend had Amicron or Delta? He'd had a positive, then a negative saliva test. Then the final one was positive. He will test again this week. A roller coaster of sorts no doubt.

I had a young acquaintance thru one of my jobs [under 25] who lost his taste and smell for months. Lost weight and in general miserable due to that. I'm not sure what the final outcome was.

^Zacha341.. an acquaintance got the triple, but also picked up Covid [[age 50). She was feeling yucky for 4 days, and then was fine again. Didn't lose her taste/smell though.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-26-21 at 09:44 PM.

The persecution of Christians is occurring daily. And yes, you have to search out honesty these days.

Very little to be found on topical news sources and talking heads therein. You have to be ok with going against the grain a bit. Yet not find yourself subject to the conspiracies.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...As far as the corona, a little honesty would have gone a long way.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-26-21 at 09:43 PM.

There are so many reasons some people [beyond the usual suspects] have chosen not to vax [even now] that memes really fall short... but fun to look at... I suppose........

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Meme
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-26-21 at 09:42 PM.

That's right. Carefully look at the death rates I say. That's a start in managing the news relative facts and reality vs steering, etc. Even the faulty news sources death rates can be fact-checked, as you suggest.

Early on there were some out there saying C-19 was just the common flu.

A Detroiter, I knew that was not true without a news source confirmation. For one, I live near a funeral home and a large major hospital: both were overflowing. It was the deadly narrative across the city.

Fast forward: If COVID variant [such as Omicrom] infections NOW present symptoms similar to the less deadly standard flu how will the media and certain 'experts' adapt, track and respond?

Can our government city, state and federal adapt to that form of COVID? Onward. Or do we just have 'more cowbell'?

What will we be told to do, beyond what's always done for flu born illnesses?

Again, the death rates is where I focus [thankfully there are far less globally], especially as it does not look like the immunizations are actually stopping the spread. Locked-downs or not.

And our borders remain open [in the face of it all: variants, mandates, break-thru cases, increasing infection rates, etc., ETC.].

It keeps getting harder to find good info. The various government health departments seem to have stopped graphing the case and death rates for vaxxed v.s. unvaxxed. The raw data can still be found, but it requires each individual to know where to look, and to chart it out themselves.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-26-21 at 11:32 PM.

LOL! Perhaps they should hand out those devices [0:22] on the airplanes [for extra safety mind you] that serve snacks and drinks.

Course if you fly Frontier Airlines [as I did recently - they actually weren't so bad] where they give you absolutely nothing free there's no need for heroic eating attempts while you're masked!

Last edited by Zacha341; December-27-21 at 05:31 AM.

Page 56 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6 46 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 66 ... LastLast