Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 57 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    So the Fed takes priority over every state? Whitmer made it sound like Trump singled out Michigan. That's what i was asking.
    In these times, you simply comply, have the Federal gov. source, contract and pay whatever it takes to get what you need. Then you deal with the cost and fallout later.
    There's a war going on here and Whitmer needs to pick her battles carefully. Any grievances can be dealt with once we have this under control.
    1. Whitmer's job is to manage the crisis in Michigan. What's happening in other states shouldn't be any of her concern for the purpose of crisis management, nor should she have to worry the citizens of Michigan about what's happening in other states.

2. The bolded would be fine and dandy if the POTUS hadn't been encoueraging states to go out and procure their own supplies because apparently his administration can't be bothered to dole out these supplies in an efficient manner.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    1. Whitmer's job is to manage the crisis in Michigan. What's happening in other states shouldn't be any of her concern for the purpose of crisis management, nor should she have to worry the citizens of Michigan about what's happening in other states.

2. The bolded would be fine and dandy if the POTUS hadn't been encoueraging states to go out and procure their own supplies because apparently his administration can't be bothered to dole out these supplies in an efficient manner.
    The States were demanding the federal government to provide the supplies,the government said,okay,you think it is that easy to find something that does not exist,find your own.

How well did that go?

If the states had informed the federal government in the past that they were no longer stockpiling the supplies that they said they had so the Feds could have adjusted their levels.

Or they were hiding it in reserve,pretending it did not exist.

Thats like your landlord coming up to you and saying,I want 6 months rent in cash right now.

The federal government has a list that showed a state has X amount of ventilators and masks in stock,the states dumped their stock and now expected the Feds to come up with not only their share but also for the other 49 states,and demanded it happen right now.

Now the states will take the stance of not having an emergency stockpile because if something happens in the future,they can loudly blame the federal government for not doing their job.

The federal government is not your daddy,they are the uncle you call in after you have used the resources that you set aside for an emergency.

If you did not set aside for an emergency it is not your daddy’s fault.

If you notice the Feds have only put out recommendations and suggestions,it is up to the states to follow them or not and they are under no obligation to.

At this point. But if the states really want daddy to take control,they better be ready for some tough love.

California,a Democrat state,is in this worse then more then half of the states in the country.

Have you heard Governor Newsom yelling to the press and demanding action now?

People brag on here all the time how it is the largest economy in the US but as it shows in the link I posted,even they dumped their stockpile of emergency supplies to save money and expected the Feds to step up to the plate after being blindsided with the expectations that they still had their stock.
    Last edited by Richard; March-29-20 at 05:52 PM.

Default Mar. 29, 2020 - Local, National And World Covid Stories - Mar. 30, 2020

DETROIT-WINDSOR METRO + MICHIGAN & ONTARIO March 29, 2020

• Study: Michigan hospitals could hit peak COVID19 demand April 8
    • North American International Auto Show Cancelled, TCF Center to be used as Army Field Hospital for COVID19 patients for 6 months.
    • Macomb County looking into possible sites for field hospitals, needs at least 2,000 beds.
    • Michigan received 112,000 N95 masks from FEMA over the weekend, many more needed.
    • Additional Michigan National Guardsmen called to active duty to help FEMA in coronavirus efforts.
    • Whitmer calls for water reconnections statewide, establishes fund to help communities comply.
    • Doctors on front lines of Michigan’s coronavirus crisis: ‘It seems like the sky is falling’
    • DPD’s alarming infection rate blamed on community breakfast
    • Twitter Deletes Rudy Giuliani Tweet Pushing Misinformation and Attack on Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer

THE REST OF THE WORLD

• 716K confirmed cases, 33.8K deaths, 149K recoveries ~433K open cases, numbers subject to nations’ transparency and testing bandwidth
    • Two thirds of confirmed deaths are in Europe
    • US president extends social distancing guidelines through April 30
    • US could face 200,000 coronavirus deaths, millions of cases, Fauci warns
    • US America's largest single site jail is home to a new coronavirus cluster
    • US University Grad Students Step Up To Fill Coronavirus Testing Void
    • US Fauci says president agreed not to invoke a strict quarantine after intensive White House discussions
    • US president says hospitals not using ventilators will have to release them
    • US president brags about high TV viewership of coronavirus briefings
    • US Washington NPR station will no longer broadcast presidents’ conferences citing volume of disinformation
    • YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime lower video quality in US to support heavy internet traffic amid quarantine
    • US Colorado Animal Shelters Clear Out Twice In One Week As Pets Get Adopted In Droves Amid Pandemic.
    • US civilian tensions high… A Maine man said armed neighbors descended on his home and chopped down a tree to block his road and prevent him from leaving because they believed he may have coronavirus.
    • US Census Field Operations Further Delayed Until April 15 By COVID19 Pandemic
    • Sophie Grégoire Trudeau says she has recovered from COVID19 after two weeks
    • Canada's army not needed right now to help combat coronavirus spread, Trudeau says
    • Mexico's president shifts tone on coronavirus, urges people to stay home, warns of dire consequences
    • Migrants in Central American limbo as coronavirus relocation plans falter
    • Brazil's Bolsonaro threatens to sack health minister over coronavirus criticism
    • Brazil's governors are defying President Jair Bolsonaro over his call to reopen schools and businesses, dismissing his argument that the “cure” of widespread shutdowns to contain the spread of the new coronavirus is worse than the disease.
    • UK 'on emergency footing' to battle coronavirus
    • Coronavirus lockdown spurs police in England to dye 'Blue Lagoon' black to deter Instagrammers
    • Boris Johnson's government is reportedly furious with China and believes it could have 40 times more coronavirus cases than it claims… [Coronavirus just got about 40 times more important to Boris Johnson]
    • Coronavirus: Things will get worse before getting better, UK PM warns
    • UK lockdown must be lifted gradually, could last six months says medical official
    • Alcohol sales banned in Greenland capital during lockdown
    • German state minister kills himself as coronavirus hits economy; he was deeply entangled in a financial mismanagement scandal in Hessen, which burned a minimum of a couple of 100 million to a few billions of taxpayer money.
    • Sweden remains open as other countries lock down over coronavirus
    • Moscow imposes mandatory lockdown after Russian capital records more than 1,000 infections. With four hours warning, authorities introduce strict new regulations — with no indications about how long they will last, requires 'special pass' to leave homes
    • Coronavirus deaths fall again in Italy but lockdown extension looms
    • Spain toughens restrictions as coronavirus death toll surges
    • Experts believe the explosion of coronavirus cases in Italy and Spain can be traced to a champions league between Atalanta and Valencia. When fans returned home, both regions became the epicenters of the virus in their respective nations.
    • Netherlands recalls defective masks imported from China Spain and Turkey also complain of defective rapid testing kits ordered from Chinese companies.
    • Coronavirus: Chinese cinemas told to close just a week after reopening
    • North Korea fires more missiles than ever amid coronavirus outbreak
    • India's PM Modi seeks 'forgiveness' from nations poor over lockdown
    • India advises states to curtail mass migration amid lockdown: India's efforts to control the spread of the novel coronavirus have fallen into disarray. Thousands of workers have started flouting the lockdown rules to migrate back to their home state
    • Australia asks people to isolate more even as coronavirus spread slows
    • Pope backs UN chief's call for global ceasefire to focus on coronavirus
    • 11 countries are now using people's phones to track the coronavirus pandemic, and it heralds a massive increase in surveillance
    • Luxe labels Gucci, Armani, Bulgari make protective gear to fight coronavirus

^ lol here we go now,pssst I have regular no name masks for $1.99 or these Gucci knock offs for $40.

Thanks for the updates,it is not a pretty site anywhere in the world.

Lowell... what worries me on top of everything that you just posted is the food supply... what about farmers... food processors... distribution... stores. The 7-Eleven by me has only 2 employees who haven't walked off their jobs.

Many stores now have reduced hours as well. Not a bad thing... as long as they have product.

Lowell, please thank your friend for providing these Local, National And World Covid Stories. It is a rich, efficient synopsis....
    Last edited by Jimaz; March-31-20 at 12:39 PM.

Actually he said,The NYT posted that he had ratings similar to football Monday’s,he repeated what they wrote,not exactly bragging.But hey why not if If makes one feel good I am sure he will say something else to amuse others.

Cute of the NPR to sensor the president of The United States,It brings us that much closer to the likes of controlled media like a good little communists.

I guess they did not like it when he talked about removing the whole 2% of funding in the past.

Fair game now is a national boycott of NPR.

They are not exactly a bastion of a factual news source themselves

After a number of reporters from various outlets called out NPR for reporting what was a verifiably false claim, the network finally issued a correction and deleted its original tweet — but not before the false report had permeated social media and made its way to CNN.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/donal...-james-barrett

https://www.npr.org/templates/correc...orrections.php

46 corrections in the month of March alone,so much for claiming to be factual.

Even their own fact checks are not originally published as facts

FACT CHECK: Trump Says 50,000 Could Die From Flu.

Corrected on March 25, 2020

The initial version of this story said the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimated there have been about 23,000 deaths during the current flu season. That figure is at the lowest end of the CDC's estimated range, which extends to 59,000.
    Last edited by Richard; March-29-20 at 09:06 PM.

NPR was unbearable throughout the entire Obama admin, but I ate shit. Now, I know I’ll never listen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Lowell... what worries me on top of everything that you just posted is the food supply... what about farmers... food processors... distribution... stores. The 7-Eleven by me has only 2 employees who haven't walked off their jobs.

Many stores now have reduced hours as well. Not a bad thing... as long as they have product.
    Do not worry,the government has plenty of MREs,they are really not that bad,one way or another you will eat,you guys helped us out in our time of need and we do not forget,push comes to shove we are pretty good at running government blockades.

If it goes that far the military will box up food in the midwest or less effected parts and distribute it out.

But they will not let it go that far because after that comes civil unrest and they would prefer to avoid that more so then the virus.

What is starting to happen in some of the other countries will not happen here.

We go through the empty shelf routine every time a named storm pops up,it’s not a supply issue and it will catch up,the toilet paper hoarding thing is a new one though.
    Last edited by Richard; March-29-20 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

Good point. This stimulus package is hyper-focussed on all the workers losing their jobs. It should, IMO, have a 'combat pay' bonus provision, hiking the pay of those who continue to work in dangerous situations.

Imagine being some kid making $12 an hour at a 7-11 with constant exposure to strangers, many unmasked and ungloved who are still scoffing at the idea. You have your life ahead of you. Are you going to risk it on a dead end job--or any job?

Some of the falling dominoes yet to arrive are taking place in the countless supply chain disruptions. Situations were, say, a shut processing plant disrupts production at another site leading to a chain reaction of shut downs and food rotting on docks. Workers not showing up out of fear in sufficient numbers can create that.

It is topic of much discussion and concern on the business channels. The supply chain is chugging along out of momentum for now, but there are some stiff head winds ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Lowell, please thank your friend for providing these Local, National And World Covid Stories. It is a rich, efficient synopsis.
    Thanks for acknowledging that. The credit goes to my son and business partner Nic who has been doing the great job of news scraping.

With the delay/cancellation of the census in Detroit, look for a max count of 300,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Some of the falling dominoes yet to arrive are taking place in the countless supply chain disruptions. Situations were, say, a shut processing plant disrupts production at another site leading to a chain reaction of shut downs and food rotting on docks. Workers not showing up out of fear in sufficient numbers can create that.
    Food will be rotting in the fields before it gets to the docks. I saw reports yesterday whereby a quarter to a third of this year's crops could rot in parts of Europe and North America because migrant workers won't be admitted to pick them. One more example of essential workers. You would think they could test these workers and have flights & buses to large farms. Many workers are housed on these farms virtually the entire harvest anyway. Pretty sure they would want the work. They depend on it to feed their families at home.

This one struck me as bit snow-flakish and unwise. So when the president is having a conference he is ALWAYS alone??

Is no one else speaking or presenting crucial information during these conferences?

Do they [[NPR) doubt their audiences abilities of discernment? Seems like it. Gotta love the self-applied condescension.

Didn't NPR just receive federal funding?

Frankly, I want to KNOW what mis-information is going forth.

I'd want to know what my/ the enemy is saying/ proposing so as to mount challenge and response strategies - especially now!

Are the citizens of Washington in such need of content steering?

Yet, if the current administration BANNED the presidential conferences from broadcast in Washington there'd be outrage.........

Knowledge is power.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    ...THE REST OF THE WORLD

• US Washington NPR station will no longer broadcast presidents’ conferences citing volume of disinformation
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-30-20 at 10:41 AM.

Yep. The illegal-undocumented worker issue will arise STRONG here. Sad to think our now ample produce stores could become depleted soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Food will be rotting in the fields before it gets to the docks. I saw reports yesterday whereby a quarter to a third of this year's crops could rot in parts of Europe and North America because migrant workers won't be admitted to pick them...

Food will be rotting in the fields before it gets to the docks. I saw reports yesterday whereby a quarter to a third of this year's crops could rot in parts of Europe and North America because migrant workers won't be admitted to pick them. One more example of essential workers. You would think they could test these workers and have flights & buses to large farms. Many workers are housed on these farms virtually the entire harvest anyway. Pretty sure they would want the work. They depend on it to feed their families at home.
    Maybe, just maybe, we could get Big-Agra to consider paying decent wages for that sort of work; and hire locals instead?

Optimistic I know, but a thought.

It would raise food prices, but pretty marginally I'd expect.

I just posted about their need to monitor certain info...

[[• US Washington NPR station will no longer broadcast presidents’ conferences citing volume of disinformation).

I suppose they empirically know what their protected audiences can tolerate, process and discern.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...Cute of the NPR to sensor the president of The United States. It brings us that much closer to the likes of controlled media like a good little communists.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-30-20 at 09:14 AM.

Yep. More locals may be interested in working in these areas. Very little can remain status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, we could get Big-Agra to consider paying decent wages for that sort of work; and hire locals instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yep. More locals may be interested in working in these areas. Very little can remain status quo.
    They can't get locals to work at the hotels & restaurants in resort country and you think they'll pick crops for minimum wage?

Lol I think Europe is still winter and crops will not come in until the mid summer and fall.

North America,migrant workers are already here,they follow the seasons,they do not go back to their country of origin inbetween.

They are and have been in Florida picking fruits and veggies and will be until the crops up north are ready,ships are still coming in from South America loaded and trucks are still coming up out of Mexico,crops rotting in the fields it like some apoplectic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I just posted about their need to monitor certain info...

[[• US Washington NPR station will no longer broadcast presidents’ conferences citing volume of disinformation).

I suppose they empirically know what their protected audiences can tolerate, process and discern.

Yea the irony of saying we are censoring him is based off of the long standing call to censor that was going on before all of this started and playing to base.While in the process of posting false information only to retract it after the damage has been done.

Watching CBS,the reporter was more interested in pushing and saying over two million deaths,she kept repeating it over and over,even after being told that it was a projected number based on doing zero and allowing it to run its course,she also told her it was a projected number based on results of numbers run on other effected countries.

Its a new strain,nobody knows how it will react and you still have the media at the pressors that demand the president name a hard and fast date as to when this will end.

Default QLINE streetcars shutting down until further notice

Another 'would have been big news in normal times' event...

The QLINE is suspending service as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.

Detroit's streetcar system planned to shut down for passengers after the close of service at 8 p.m. Sunday, according to a news release Friday.
    The move is temporary, but it's not clear how long the service suspension will last.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Lol I think Europe is still winter and crops will not come in until the mid summer and fall.

North America,migrant workers are already here,they follow the seasons,they do not go back to their country of origin inbetween.

They are and have been in Florida picking fruits and veggies and will be until the crops up north are ready,ships are still coming in from South America loaded and trucks are still coming up out of Mexico,crops rotting in the fields it like some apoplectic stuff.
    LOL all you want:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...n-coronavirus/

https://time.com/5805487/migrant-lab...virus-covid19/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/27/b...or-europe.html

https://poststar.com/news/world/viru...a3c0d17d0.html

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...eastern-europe

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/health-...avirus-strikes

http://www.rfi.fr/en/wires/20200325-...rs-sound-alarm

https://www.stltoday.com/business/lo...c52c3fdf4.html

I can post some more articles after you shoot all these down as nonsense.

^ I am still going to LoL

Every link you posted starts the same way,the sky is falling then followed up by the solutions that they are going to implement.

They will not have crops rotting in the fields.

The things happening in southern Italy are not happening because of a food supply shortage,they are happening because of the lack of cash to buy the food while being lock down,northern Italy is where all the money is,they are rolling along just fine,singing on the balconies because they can afford to.

You see high numbers coming out of Italy and more specific,southern Italy,because it is a country split in half and the southern half has had decades of systematic dis investment while maintaining a high elderly ratio,because the younger generations fled to the north where the money is,it is controlled mostly by the syndicate and gangs working under them,food and medicine to them is just another revenue stream and another way to control their territory.

The north does not care,just as long as they keep it down there.
    Last edited by Richard; March-30-20 at 11:15 AM.

Default Local, National And World Covid Stories - Mar. 30, 2020

Mar. 30, 2020 DETROIT-WINDSOR METRO + MICHIGAN & ONTARIO

• Man accused of trying to spread coronavirus at Michigan grocerystore could face domestic terrorism charge
    • State Rep. Isaac Robinson dies of suspected coronavirus infection
    • Michigan governor: 'We're going to be in dire straits again in a matter of days'
    • Michigan governor says "we're living day by day" with medical supplies, as state now has fourth highest cases of coronavirus
    • Whitmer orders state hiring freeze, spending curbs, in corona virus fight
    • Michigan's fight against COVID19 has only just started:'Cases have not yet peaked', we may need at least 10,000 ventilators.
    • Michigan National Guard to Aid Food Banks in Four Communities
    • Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer hit for hydroxychloroquine crackdown as debate escalates
    • Duggan: Crime Down 40% In Detroit Due To 'Stay Home' Order
    • Ford to Build 50,000 Ventilators in 100 days At Michigan Auto Parts Plant

REST OF THE WORLD

• 775K confirmed cases, 37K deaths, 164K recoveries ~575K open cases, numbers subject to nations’ transparency and testing bandwidth
    • At Brookdale University Hospital Medical Center in New York, the ICU is at capacity, patient beds line the hallways of the emergency department, and the morgue is overflowing.
    • New York's Central Park and harbor are now home to makeshift hospitals
    • Hospital Ship USNS Comfort Arrives In New York To Ease Corona virus Pressure
    • Deaths, intubations swamp New Orleans doctors in coronavirus surge
    • US Shipped Tons of COVID19 Supplies to China As US president Dismissed Threat Here
    • US Employees at home are being photographed every 5 minutes by analways on video service to ensure they're actually working — and the service is seeing a rapid expansion since the coronavirus outbreak
    • US signs A $450 Million Coronavirus Vaccine Contract with Johnson& Johnson; Johnson & Johnson says testing of coronavirus vaccine to begin by September
    • Coffee importers stockpiling on fears over coronavirus lockdowns
    • US spies find coronavirus spread in China, North Korea, Russia hard to chart
    • US president Downplays China’s Coronavirus Disinformation: ‘They Do It and We Do It’
    • US president says guidelines to slow coronavirus spread may get tougher
    • CANADA All businesses seeing 30% drop in revenue due to pandemic will be eligible for 75% wage subsidies: Trudeau
    • Spain overtakes China in confirmed coronavirus infections
    • 12,298 health workers test positive in Spain; worldwide death toll passes 34,000
    • Italian Amazon warehouse workers go on strike
    • Italy's number of daily coronavirus infections falls to 4,050, its lowest in nearly two weeks, after one of the world's tightest lockdowns. WHO said Italy's epidemic should start to stabilize after weeks in lockdown
    • Britain says need for global 'lessons learned' inquiry into pandemic
    • UK Nurse who taught herself to sew when her team ran out of scrubs gathers thousands of volunteers to make uniforms for NHS workers from their homes amid coronavirus shortage
    • One in every four NHS doctors is off work sick or in quarantine, according to the head of the Royal College of Physicians [[RCP).
    • UK Birmingham Airport to be turned into temporary mortuary
    • Intensive Care For Coronavirus Patients Now Limited To Those 'Reasonably Certain' To Survive, NHS London Trust Concedes
    • 'Like Glastonbury tickets': Britons chase online grocery slots in coronavirus crisis
    • GoodSAM has been contracted by the UK government to recruit thousands of volunteers to help tackle COVID19. The firm, which has eight full time employees, was given the task of designing a new service to find volunteers in just three days. More than 650,000 people have registered as volunteers to perform essential tasks such as transporting food and medicine to the most vulnerable.
    • Germany's Merkel to work from home despite negative coronavirus test
    • Germany could issue thousands of people coronavirus 'immunity certificates' so they can leave the lockdown early
    • Germany to centralize supply chains, set prices on masks, protective gear | The COVID19 pandemic has led to global shortages of key protective supplies — and fraudsters looking to profit off the desperate need to procure them. Now Berlin is looking at ways to fill the gaps and combat extortion.
    • Austria to make basic face masks compulsory in supermarkets
    • Hungary's parliament has voted to allow Prime Minister Viktor Orban to rule by decree indefinitely, in order to combat the coronavirus pandemic, giving the populist leader extra powers to unilaterally enact a series of sweeping measures.
    • Finland extends coronavirus restrictions by one month: PM
    • Denmark may gradually lift lockdown after Easter if coronavirus numbers stay stable: PM
    • Van Gogh painting stolen from Dutch museum during coronavirus shutdown
    • Japan 'On The Brink' But Government Resists Declaring Coronavirus State Of Emergency
    • Japan, IOC set July 23 next year for start of delayed Olympics: Kyodo News
    • European Countries Are Throwing Out ‘Rubbish’ Chinese Made Masks and Coronavirus Tests
    • Amid COVID19 outbreak, China shifts to use "Russian style" disinformation tactics [CBS NEWS]
    • Indian migrants are dropping dead of exhaustion on their +100 km treks home
    • Indian migrant workers sprayed with disinfectant amid mass exodus from cities – video
    • India racked by greatest exodus since partition due to coronavirus
    • YouTube caps streaming quality at 480p in India due to coronavirus
    • World Economy Has Entered Recession Due to Coronavirus, Says IMF

Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 57 ... LastLast