Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast

Way to go BigD. I donated a few masks today.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLemur View Post
    The majority of cases are in metro Detroit. Wayne County [[not including Detroit) and Macomb County each have 101 cases, Oakland County has 229 and Detroit, which the state tallies separately from Wayne County, has 248.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...an/2891279001/
    Relative to the rest of Metro Detroit and Michigan, the city not only has a higher population density, but it also has a poorer and proportionally larger unskilled populace working in service industry jobs. These factors will increase the probability of exposure to the virus and also make it harder to protect one's self from the virus.

IMO, it would be more shocking if Detroit proper didn't have a higher number of cases and it's not fair to attribute these numbers to "ignorance of your neighbors."
    Last edited by 313WX; March-21-20 at 08:37 PM.

Read the article I posted. Proves he's not helping the Governors asking him for help. Republican or Democrat. He's actually outbidding them for masks.
    Cause you read it on the internet it is true,maybe you should call your governor and tell her to tear up the requests because he is not helping states anyways so why bother?

Population of France 67 million
    Number of estimated masks needed 250 million

Imagine how many are needed in the US,but sense you have them all stored in your back pocket,pull them out and supply them.

I all ready explained the whole bidding situation,but you are going to believe what you want to believe.

Did you volunteer to work for $8 per day in order to help keep costs down so they can bid?

You still not answered the question of,if you are bidding with federal funds how can you be outbid by the federal government?

And where did they get the federal funds in order to bid with in the first place if the federal government is not helping them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ookpik View Post
    Can anyone confirm that the car dealerships are still open or will be open on Monday?

I have heard evidence to the contrary but cannot confirm either way.

Thanks!
    I've only heard of two so far. Roy O'Brien and Ray Laethem Buick and Ray Laethem Chrysler Dodge. That was as a few days ago.

I must say, this pandemic does bring out both the best and the worst in people.

On the upside, we have people sensibly observing precautions, taking advisement on same from government and employers among others.....

As well as donating supplies, helping those isolated get groceries and other gestures of good will.

On the downside, we have 2 extremes; people who insist on defying any caution around anyone and disputing the very existence of the virus itself..........

With another who insists a reaction anything short of fascism and a police state is wholly inadequate.

While promoting hording of supplies and even guns.

Sigh.

Really, for the common interest of all of us, in every country, every state/province and every community.......

We need people to breathe deeply. Carefully consider the facts. Make reasonable and sensible choices, without being panicked or inducing same.

Its not too much to ask.........I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Cause you read it on the internet it is true,maybe you should call your governor and tell her to tear up the requests because he is not helping states anyways so why bother?

Population of France 67 million
    Number of estimated masks needed 250 million

Imagine how many are needed in the US,but sense you have them all stored in your back pocket,pull them out and supply them.

I all ready explained the whole bidding situation,but you are going to believe what you want to believe.

Did you volunteer to work for $8 per day in order to help keep costs down so they can bid?

You still not answered the question of,if you are bidding with federal funds how can you be outbid by the federal government?

And where did they get the federal funds in order to bid with in the first place if the federal government is not helping them?
    You ask for a source and I give you one, then you discredit it because its on the internet. Honestly its clear you can't communicate, your ramblings make zero sense and the one source you ever provided me was an unattributed youtube movie from Russia. Keep up your blind diatribes, conspiracy ghosts and excuses because that's all that will excuse this blatant incompetence
    • the lack of test kits [[no other country had this problem)
    • the disbanding of the pandemic team [[Reality President Trump)
    • all the Trump b.s. on twitter about things under control and its no problem I closed the border
    • Him refusing to help Governors with medical supplies
    • Trump pushing an unapproved malaria drug to cure coronavirus - [[waiting for the snake oil and my Trump university diploma)

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Relative to the rest of Metro Detroit and Michigan, the city not only has a higher population density, but it also has a poorer and proportionally larger unskilled populace working in service industry jobs. These factors will increase the probability of exposure to the virus and also make it harder to protect one's self from the virus.

IMO, it would be more shocking if Detroit proper didn't have a higher number of cases and it's not fair to attribute these numbers to "ignorance of your neighbors."
    Fair points, but when I see cashiers and the mailman unprotected, I'm seeing ignorance.

The
    You ask for a source and I give you one, then you discredit it because its on the internet. Honestly its clear you can't communicate, your ramblings make zero sense and the one source you ever provided me was an unattributed youtube movie from Russia. Keep up your blind diatribes, conspiracy ghosts and excuses because that's all that will excuse this blatant incompetence
    • the lack of test kits [[no other country had this problem)
    • the disbanding of the pandemic team [[Reality President Trump)
    • all the Trump b.s. on twitter about things under control and its no problem I closed the border
    • Him refusing to help Governors with medical supplies
    • Trump pushing an unapproved malaria drug to cure coronavirus - [[waiting for the snake oil and my Trump university diploma)
    Then do your part to save lives,get a group together and petition to your governor to reject any federal aid,sense you have not received any help it will make no difference.

Then you can produce all of the medical supplies on your own without federal government support.

See how easy that is.

O wait a minute,March 5th Michigan already received $14 million from the feds in order to fight the virus.You know the feds that you posted twice that are not helping.

Let me guess this site is a Russian site also?

https://www.michiganadvance.com/2020...d-by-congress/
    Last edited by Richard; March-21-20 at 10:44 PM.

Fair points, but when I see cashiers and the mailman unprotected, I'm seeing ignorance.
    Not just cashiers at the various stores, I was at Costco yesterday morning - all the workers are unprotected, some have masks on but that’s about it.

Are there national guards in Detroit now?

There is no disaster.

There is no war.

No declaration of such is warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Not just cashiers at the various stores, I was at Costco yesterday morning - all the workers are unprotected, some have masks on but that’s about it.
    That's what is missing. Masks. Why? Because the powers that be said they won't help you? I call BS.

Protect yourself and others... even if minimally.

Excellent breakdown on The Whole Chinese Pneumonia Phenomenon.

Published on a site known for its Political Incorrectness.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/cov...-over-hysteria

Squashed on the original platform...

https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine...9-1b767def5894

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2ayWcJfxo
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; March-22-20 at 06:07 AM.

Hmmmmmm...

WORLD / COUNTRIES / UNITED STATES
    Last updated: March 22, 2020, 12:01 GMT

United States

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

348/26900=1.2%

Let's see if the more confirmed cases go up will the ratio of confirmed cases to death go down?

Hope so.

Detroit...

using numbers provided by the state.

3 deaths divided by 248 active cases=1.2%

State of Michigan

5 deaths divided by 787 active cases= .6%

Numbers are fun.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; March-22-20 at 07:47 AM.

Ratio vs. confirmation...? Could you detail that a bit. Reading links you sent. Compelling.

Ratio by population?

Interesting that the original article was ditched site that hosted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Let's see if the more confirmed cases go up will the ratio of confirmed cases to death go down?
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-22-20 at 08:02 AM.

I know one thing...

Confirmed cases means very little unfortunately due to the underlying issues of the disarray in testing.

How about deaths confirmed by testing for the Chinese Pneumonia Phenomenon divided by a known Population figure.

With the inaccuracies surrounding testing for active cases we have have no idea how many folk are among the Walking Pneumonia cases.

Here's a challenger to Aaron Ginn... hoping we'll not have to find out if he is wrong [[read the comment section - a few comments are pretty chilling):

“COVID Denier”?

He marshals a lot of scientific-sounding evidence, as promised by the title. One thing that he does that we never see in our media is look at things on a per-capita basis rather than in absolute numbers:

On a per-capita basis, we shouldn’t be panicking
    Every country has a different population size which skews aggregate and cumulative case comparisons. By controlling for population, you can properly weigh the number of cases in the context of the local population size.

.... I am hoping that we will never figure out whether Aaron Ginn, COVID denier, was correct. If the epidemic is contained, the governors who ordered U.S. states to shut down can take credit for saving us. But Mr. Ginn might have been right and perhaps the virus died out of its own accord. Only if the epidemic is not contained can we say definitively that the coronavirus deniers were wrong. [[But maybe if the virus keeps our hospitals full at a steady rate for the next 12-18 months we could also say that Mr. Ginn was wrong? Either way, let’s hope we can’t prove him wrong!)

Excellent breakdown on The Whole Chinese Pneumonia Phenomenon.

Published on a site known for its Political Incorrectness.

Squashed on the original platform...
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-22-20 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The

Then do your part to save lives,get a group together and petition to your governor to reject any federal aid,sense you have not received any help it will make no difference.

Then you can produce all of the medical supplies on your own without federal government support.

See how easy that is.

O wait a minute,March 5th Michigan already received $14 million from the feds in order to fight the virus.You know the feds that you posted twice that are not helping.

Let me guess this site is a Russian site also?

https://www.michiganadvance.com/2020...d-by-congress/
    Thanks for the link. Maybe I was exaggerating in one of my four points. it isn't nothing that the Feds and Trump are doing, just not enough. You see he could force companies to make the masks. Here is another governor who's exasperated.

"The next day, he suggested that obtaining medical equipment should be up to individual governors because “we’re not a shipping clerk.” But on Friday, he reversed himself, asserting that he had used the law to spur the production of “millions of masks,” without offering evidence or specifics about who was manufacturing them or when they would reach health workers.

At one point, Gov. Kristi Noem, Republican of South Dakota, grew frustrated as she expressed to the president and members of the coronavirus task force that state officials had been working unsuccessfully with private suppliers.

“I need to understand how you’re triaging supplies,” Ms. Noem said. “We, for two weeks, were requesting reagents for our public health lab from C.D.C., who pushed us to private suppliers who kept canceling orders on us. And we kept making requests, placing orders.”

She added, “I don’t want to be less of a priority because we’re a smaller state or less populated.”

Mr. Trump promised her that would “never” happen before Ms. Noem’s telephone line was disconnected."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/u...-supplies.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Ratio vs. confirmation...? Could you detail that a bit. Reading links you sent. Compelling.

Ratio by population?

Ratio by population? Not so scary is it.

Yeppers, I see it all the time. Doesn't fit their narrative.
    Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.
    All truth in the "supernatural" world is relative.

Read the comments section of both articles - very revealing...

...Published on a site known for its Political Incorrectness.

Last edited by Zacha341; March-22-20 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Read the comments section of both articles - very revealing...
    Although fun to read the comments on the Zerohedge site them comments can go to the dark side in a New York Minute.

That's how it should work and why not having testing is concerning. If you don't know how many have it, you will never know how deadly it is.
    Been saying that since the beginning.

Hope so.

Detroit...

using numbers provided by the state.

3 deaths divided by 248 active cases=1.2%

State of Michigan

5 deaths divided by 787 active cases= .6%

Numbers are fun.

Very dark... not much fun.

Although fun to read the comments on the Zerohedge site them comments can go to the dark side in a New York Minute.

Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast