Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Two Words: Absentee Ballots
    I can't imagine why anyone in Michigan would choose not to vote by mail, especially under current circumstances.

Michigan will mail absentee ballot applications to all voters in communities with May 5 elections
    The communities holding onto the May 5 election will offer in-person voting at polling precincts. But now that anyone can vote by absentee ballot because of the passage of Proposal 3 in November 2018, the state is encouraging as many people as possible to use the option....

The absentee voting route became a popular option in the state's March 10 presidential primary, the first statewide election since no-reason absentee voting was instituted. The number of people voting by absentee ballot rose from 18% in 2016 to 38% in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post

I think that's how the Dem's will feel this November. Biden has been such a vegetable all his career,... sucking on the government teat his entire adult life,.. horrifically corrupt, and now with obvious mental issues,.... as a result,.. I THINK many Dem voters just aren't going to be enthused about him enough to go and vote.
    You're right. There is no "party unity" either. The Bernie contingent aren't going to pivot to Biden. His record is horrible and now he has dementia. [[Really- it's not a stutter, come on! Compare interviews with him now vs. a few years ago. Something's wrong.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    From what I am hearing people will turn out in a tornado raining **** and wait in line until hell freezes over to vote in this one.

Biden has a curious asset--low expectations--driven in part by a stuttering disability that he has had since childhood that occasionally slips out and gets confused as being senescence or bumbling. Hillary by contrast had very high expectations and was unable perform up to their levels.
    I’m sure there’s going to be a big push for absentee ballot voting. Unless there’s some vaccine that comes down the pike between now and November, I can’t see a huge surge of in person voting even if we’re at the tail end of this pandemic. Like other elections, I’m sure that people who have a propensity to show up and vote in will do that, and others who don’t will be even less inclined to make it to the polling place.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I’m sure there’s going to be a big push for absentee ballot voting. Unless there’s some vaccine that comes down the pike between now and November, I can’t see a huge surge of in person voting even if we’re at the tail end of this pandemic. Like other elections, I’m sure that people who have a propensity to show up and vote in will do that, and others who don’t will be even less inclined to make it to the polling place.
    Vaccines take 18 months to make [[and another 3-5 years "IF" you're going to properly test them.)

So minimum,.. if they rush a vaccine into production with almost no testing,.. we're still talking about Oct 2021 before they could START injecting people. And Jan 2022 before you could have a fair percentage of the population inoculated.

Of course vaccines have an efficacy rate of just 2.3%,.. so it's not like it would make much difference anyway.

Testing for anti-bodies, inhibitor drugs,.. or it simply it fading away as all other viruses typically have is what we're going to have to hope for.

But so far most people have gone to grocery stores, banks, gas stations etc, etc, etc.. And the pandemic seems to be easing around the world. So no reason [[in my mind at least) to think that as this continues to ease over the next 7 months,.. that people won't be willing to go vote.

It's CRITICAL to our republic that we NOT have mail in voting. There's MASSIVE fraud with it now. If it becomes the norm,.. we'll never know who really won any election.
    Last edited by Bigdd; April-16-20 at 08:03 AM.

Oh-oh.... Uncle Joe get's accused again.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/aoc-...151647590.html
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-16-20 at 09:12 AM.

If he chooses Elizabeth Warren as a running mate [[of which I’m sure he won’t) he better be careful or this dementia thing might really rear its ugly head, a person as left wing as she is being a heartbeat from the presidency, don’t think that would go over well.

If he chooses Elizabeth Warren as a running mate [[of which I’m sure he won’t) he better be careful or this dementia thing might really rear its ugly head, a person as left wing as she is being a heartbeat from the presidency, don’t think that would go over well.

He's already told Warren she's needed right where she is, doing the wonderful work she's doing. My guess is it'll be Hillary Clinton. Then he'll have a tragic death during a robbery attempt, while jogging.

"I'm not going nuts" says Biden in new Trump ad.

https://youtu.be/Nv7yVCwv6NU

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    "I'm not going nuts" says Biden in new Trump ad.

https://youtu.be/Nv7yVCwv6NU

I'm not a Biden fan by any means, in fact, I'm surprised this is the candidate the Democrats finally came up with, but I really dislike these types of ads. Cherry-picking scenes and sound bytes, that sleazy voice over, it's a big turn off to me. You can do better than that, Donald.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I'm not a Biden fan by any means, in fact, I'm surprised this is the candidate the Democrats finally came up with, but I really dislike these types of ads. Cherry-picking scenes and sound bytes, that sleazy voice over, it's a big turn off to me. You can do better than that, Donald.
    It's Trump-the ads are going to get worse. He's not nice like Bernie who failed to address Biden's "cognitive decline" issue.

Yep. Anyone can select the worse photos, quotes and sentence fragments to make someone look bad. Biden is a weak candidate without the over-kill.

And bet! Some will soon blame and quote Trump as mocking Biden's obvious decline. As revealing as that would be [[stranger things have happened)!!

Or our very own governor Whitmer? That would be nuts 'good-times' leaving us in really great shape! Gilchrist?!!

As I said before Biden boxed himself in - for the sake of a desired base - the female candidate requirement.

Last edited by Zacha341; April-18-20 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    You're right. There is no "party unity" either. The Bernie contingent aren't going to pivot to Biden. His record is horrible and now he has dementia. [[Really- it's not a stutter, come on! Compare interviews with him now vs. a few years ago. Something's wrong.)
    Joe Biden does not seem totally lucid in the majority of interviews or media appearances I’ve seen in the last few months, its very noticeable to me. Hard to believe this is the best candidate the Dems can come up with. My knee jerk reaction is, he is somewhat more likable, but as unelectable as Hillary Clinton was.

I think it is an internal battle between the conservative Democrats and the progressive faction that is trying to overthrow the party.

Biden is just the sacrificial lamb thrown to the wolves [[Trump) so the party can reorganize for 2024.

If they can also remove some of the progressives during the mid terms they will be that much stronger.

People like AOC and some of the other loudmouths draw to much negative attention to the party and they do not like the boat to be rocked like that.

Personally I highly doubt they will even risk allowing Biden to directly debate with Trump in stage.

I also do not think they will let him choose a running mate that is stronger then him,or they will be very careful about who will be next in line should he have health issues,I doubt it would be a progressive,it would be the most conservative Democrat that they could find.
    Last edited by Richard; April-18-20 at 05:00 AM.

Yep. The far-left types like AOC are on the run even as they capitulate to the dem old-guard establishment power brokers [[her attempt to cozy up with Pelosi). Too late. Somewhere in all of this is the moderate voice... I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    People like AOC and some of the other loudmouths draw to much negative attention to the party and they do not like the boat to be rocked like that...

I think it is an internal battle between the conservative Democrats and the progressive faction that is trying to overthrow the party.

Biden is just the sacrificial lamb thrown to the wolves [[Trump) so the party can reorganize for 2024.

If they can also remove some of the progressives during the mid terms they will be that much stronger.

People like AOC and some of the other loudmouths draw to much negative attention to the party and they do not like the boat to be rocked like that.

Personally I highly doubt they will even risk allowing Biden to directly debate with Trump in stage.

I also do not think they will let him choose a running mate that is stronger then him,or they will be very careful about who will be next in line should he have health issues,I doubt it would be a progressive,it would be the most conservative Democrat that they could find.
    What conservative Democrats? That's an oxymoron that reminds me of the joke: Q.) What's the difference between Communists and Democrats? A.) Communists know what they re doing.

On a good day, Biden is ok at debating. He bested Paul Ryan. He also stayed on topic enough to beat Bernie. Biden stuck with his script of tweaking specific problems while Bernie went out of orbit selling his mega-vision of changing America. If Joe can just be trained to stay on six talking points no matter what the question is, he might be able to stay in the ring with Trump especially if Trump careens off onto something goofy similar to what Bernie did to himself.

If Bidens' handlers choose Klochubar, she can be the reasoned partner the press can dote on to reassure voters that Democrats aren't all identity politics, open border, Marxists and that should anything happen to Joe, the Country will be in reasonable hands. In fact, in seven months, something could happen to Joe and Amy would become the nominal head of the Democratic Party.

Meanwhile, Biden's handlers get whatever they want out of Uncle Joe. He is ok at reading their speeches.

Good points! Klochubar's the reasonable female candidate out there IMO... Far better than Warren for example.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    ...If Bidens' handlers choose Klochubar, she can be the reasoned partner the press can dote on to reassure voters that Democrats aren't all identity politics, open border, Marxists and that should anything happen to Joe, the Country will be in reasonable hands. In fact, in seven months, something could happen to Joe and Amy would become the nominal head of the Democratic Party.
    That's pretty funny! ---- Yep, If Biden stays on script even in a heated debate with Trump he has a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Meanwhile, Biden's handlers get whatever they want out of Uncle Joe. He is ok at reading their speeches.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-18-20 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Good points! Klochubar's the reasonable female candidate out there IMO... Far better than Warren for example.

That's pretty funny! ---- Yep, If Biden stays on script even in a heated debate with Trump he has a chance.

Maybe someone will hand him the questions beforehand, and the answers after.

Maybe they'll allow him to debate from home?

LOL!! Trump can't stay on script!

When he aims his fragment sentence/ insults, change-of-subject-in-the-middle-of-subject, word-torrent, fast new-york-talking style upon Joesph Biden it'll sorta be over!

Maybe someone will hand him the questions beforehand, and the answers after.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-18-20 at 06:05 PM.

Oh-oh.... Uncle Joe get's accused again.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/aoc-...151647590.html
    A CNN reporter said she interviewed the woman a year ago and at that time she said he only made advances towards,Now a year later it became a full blown assault.

The reporter also interviewed many other women that were around and they said it was hard to believe because they never saw or experienced anything even remotely similar to.

She said at the time she told her mother [[now deceased) and her brothers,her friends all said she said nothing to them about it.

If my little sister told me somebody molested her,I do not care who they were there would be .......

There seems to be a lot of claims coming out in the past 5 years that have all ended up being false allegations and the ones providing the false allegations always seem to walk away unscathed.

Biden seems to be a touchy feely type of person but I have also known women that are the same way,nothing sexual intended or implied, it is just their way of greeting and it is almost a sub conscience thing.

Seems to be the thing though,call someone a racist or molester and guilty or not it creates a cloud in public opinion.
    Last edited by Richard; April-18-20 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    LOL!! Trump can't stay on script!

When he aims his fragment sentence/ insults, change-of-subject-in-the-middle-of-subject, word-torrent, fast new-york-talking style upon Joesph Biden it will be sorta over!
    Trump is actually boring when he stays on script,a monotone drone of sorts.

I agree he acts like a typical New Yorker,I do not think they act like that in purpose it is just a way they are thing.

You think he is bad,try dealing with a Newyorrician
    Last edited by Richard; April-18-20 at 03:27 PM.

When I lived in NYC, I worked with and hung out with a lot of nuyoricans [[correct spelling, FYI). On their worst days, even the least intelligent of them could out-think, out-speak, and out perform Trump on his best day. I would bet you've never even met one.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    When I lived in NYC, I worked with and hung out with a lot of nuyoricans [[correct spelling, FYI). On their worst days, even the least intelligent of them could out-think, out-speak, and out perform Trump on his best day. I would bet you've never even met one.
    But yet Trump is president and they are not,I can tell you hung out with them because you act and have the same attitude.

What does it say about when the rest of your demographic cannot even stand you.

But yet Trump is president and they are not,I can tell you hung out with them because you act and have the same attitude.

What does it say about when the rest of your demographic cannot even stand you.
    Face it bub, you support the stupidest man who has EVER occupied the White House.

It is not the "not knowing" that makes him so, it is his insistence that he knows more than the experts in any given field, while refusing to actually listen to those experts and attempting to understand. It is that he CONSTANTLY demonstrates his utter ignorance of even the most simple concepts - like not understanding that injecting disinfectant will kill people, not the virus. The fact that you still support this utterly idiotic jackass says far more about your cognitive deficits than anything else in your series of inane, factually challenged posts.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast