Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Well Wheels if you spent as much time with the "scroll" function on that page as you did with your reply... you will see AN ITEMIZED LIST... with the level of damage to each business address... and if you do decide to check it out.... you will see that most of those businesses are NOT destroyed... but have "minor property damage" listed. Granted some say "destroyed by fire", some say "property damage"... but the majority say "minor property damage"... which if these businesses are insured, should be covered.

For those who didn't bother to read the link... this is what it says....

"....causing millions in property damage to more than 1,500 locations. In their wake, vandals left a trail of smashed doors and windows, covered hundreds of boarded-up businesses with graffiti and set fire to nearly 150 buildings, with dozens burned to the ground. Pharmacies, groceries, liquor stores, tobacco shops and cell phone stores were ransacked, losing thousands of dollars in stolen merchandise. Many were looted repeatedly over consecutive nights."

That's not to say that any damage is excusable... because none of it is. And when you look at the map, it is appalling at how widely spread out the carnage was, over large parts of both Minneapolis and St. Paul.

But let's do some fact checking first... otherwise people start sounding like the shrill news media...

Honestly Gistok, it looks like you just want to have the last word and are clutching at straws here. Insurance companies are just going to keep sending repair men out, replacing windows, doors, and locks, daily on their dime? Now, on top of trying to make a living, business owners have to keep filling out and filing claims? Please...

Name:  img_7086.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  88.1 KB

This is – Pantry Food Market 52nd Ave N and Bryant Ave. N: Property damage and looting.

The Pantry Food Market in Minneapolis was listed as just 'damaged', rather than 'destroyed', although signs where the door and window used to be say "closed" and "nothing is left"

This is a Target store "damaged" in Minneapolis. Gistok is correct. Neither store was "destroyed" by protestors upset about the killing of George Floyd especially if both were insured. At least neither store was burned to the ground. However, I'll bet that Target was more likely to have been insured, and is more likely to reopen and be able to pass on its damage or insurance costs on to customers.
    Last edited by oladub; August-18-20 at 10:30 AM.

Another issue is future insurance costs.

Many businesses won't be able to afford to operate as the cost of insurance goes up in areas like this after riots. It becomes listed as a high risk area.

In Detroit, many businesses can't afford fire insurance,.. or even find a company that will sell it to them.

In my business,.. in most years,.. there is only one company that will even offer insurance. For a while we were through Lloyds of London,.. now every few years we get dropped and have to scour the Earth to find a company that will sell it. And I've never made a claim. Some years it's taken a team of ins brokers 3 months or more to even locate a company that will sell insurance.

Liability insurance is totally un-affordable. We haven't had it in 15 years. It went from $1,000 a month to $2,000 a month one year,..then the next year to $4,000 a month, and we had to drop it.

Also what you'll see in these areas is,.. many stores won't re-open,.. and the ones that do will have to have a lot less money invested in them. Less inventory, cheaper shelving and decor,.. the back offices and computers will be off-site, etc.. so as to try to limit the losses in a riot or fire-bombing.

For decades there weren't even any major grocery stores in Detroit,.. [[still aren't really), and now many of the CVS's have left.

Well Wheels if you spent as much time with the "scroll" function on that page as you did with your reply... you will see AN ITEMIZED LIST... with the level of damage to each business address... and if you do decide to check it out.... you will see that most of those businesses are NOT destroyed... but have "minor property damage" listed. Granted some say "destroyed by fire", some say "property damage"... but the majority say "minor property damage"... which if these businesses are insured, should be covered.

For those who didn't bother to read the link... this is what it says....

"....causing millions in property damage to more than 1,500 locations. In their wake, vandals left a trail of smashed doors and windows, covered hundreds of boarded-up businesses with graffiti and set fire to nearly 150 buildings, with dozens burned to the ground. Pharmacies, groceries, liquor stores, tobacco shops and cell phone stores were ransacked, losing thousands of dollars in stolen merchandise. Many were looted repeatedly over consecutive nights."

That's not to say that any damage is excusable... because none of it is. And when you look at the map, it is appalling at how widely spread out the carnage was, over large parts of both Minneapolis and St. Paul.

But let's do some fact checking first... otherwise people start sounding like the shrill news media...
    Ok so could you run a business out of a building in shambles and inventory gone? For all intensive purpose those businesses are currently destroyed!

The fact remains you twisted his words to meet your agenda. Not that I wouldn’t expect that from the left.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    rb, In the past you have sided with antifa brownshirts.
    LOL. Ah, Ola. Classic demonstration of your utter ignorance.
    Some history 101 for you.
    Brownshirts: The German Fascists' Sturmabteilung - Storm Detachment.

Key word? They were FASCISTS.

Antifa: Shortened form of antiFASCIST.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post

Yes, that's what they "call" themselves,.. but that doesn't mean that's what they are.

It's easier to steal a country if you're sly about it. If they were to state up front that they are fascists wanting to overthrow the republic,.. it would be harder for their co-conspirators in the media to be supportive.

We see this deception a lot nowadays. Like how CNN and MSNBC have the word "news" in their name,. but in reality they're not news at all. They're leftist talk shows pushing their opinions, and lying to everyone that that's what everyone believes,.. and that you're a weirdo or worse if you disagree.
    Last edited by Bigdd; August-18-20 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    LOL. Ah, Ola. Classic demonstration of your utter ignorance.
    Some history 101 for you.
    Brownshirts: The German Fascists' Sturmabteilung - Storm Detachment.

On post #109 of the BLM Protests Continue thread you wrote:

Any sane person would BE Antifa. Thanks for admitting that you are pro-fascist, although we all knew that already.

PS - there is no "antifa" organization.
    You are supporting violence and destruction.

Stalinists who decried everyone who wasn't Stalinist as fascist would agree with you. Mussolini's thugs were known as "blackshirts". It doesn't matter though if Nazi brownshirts, Mussolinis' blackshirts and antifa dweebs do the same stuff and are protected by their respective political patron parties. The are the same.

I guess what you are saying is that as long as antifa dweebs wear black instead of brown and they are tolerated and condoned by a different political party, they can do the same fascist like things as nazi brownshirts in the name of not being fascist. In Portland, every night is Kristallnacht.

If antifas look like fascists and quack like a fascists...they are [[?).

Jimmie me peets the tension in my tendons eases when I imagine Biden our President instead of the inept charlatan today.
    Last edited by bust; August-18-20 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Honestly Gistok, it looks like you just want to have the last word and are clutching at straws here. Insurance companies are just going to keep sending repair men out, replacing windows, doors, and locks, daily on their dime? Now, on top of trying to make a living, business owners have to keep filling out and filing claims? Please...
    Yup... your anecdotes Trump the facts...

I suggest recent history requires we need two words for that verb: "trump" which we use factually, "drumpf" which we use factually only ironically.

In this case the latter: "Yup... your anecdotes drumpf the facts... "
    Last edited by bust; August-18-20 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Jimmie me peets the tension in my tendons eases when I imagine Biden our President instead of the inept charlatan today.

Don't wear out right right hand releasing all your tension. Or are you ambidextrous?
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-19-20 at 12:42 AM.

Yup... your anecdotes Trump the facts...
    One fact is that it's not 1995 anymore so you can stop with the emojis. I'm willing to look at your "facts" but you don't have any, just feel good B/S. Do you have any articles about insurance companies sending in repairmen to repair the previous night's rioting damage? All I read about and see are businesses being burned out, looted, shuttered, and owners going broke. Maybe your facts got buried under all the asphalt on the Autobahn?
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-19-20 at 12:43 AM.

Don't wear out right right hand releasing all your tension. Or are you ambidextrous?
    What makes you think I'm that kind of a gal?
    Tendons are what connect muscle to the bone.
    Can you even remember?
    The most crotchety member of this forum, prolly not.
    Last edited by bust; August-19-20 at 12:57 AM.

What makes you think I'm that kind of a gal?
    Tendons are what connect muscle to the bone.
    Can you even remember?
    The most crotchety member of this forum, prolly not.

Thanx for the anatomy lesson. You can't seem to remember to turn on spellcheck.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-19-20 at 12:58 AM.

You can't seem to remember to turn on spellcheck.
    Keep trying to rub it in.

Keep trying to rub it in.
    LOL!!!

Geeze Honky Tonk... Bust is right... you are getting crotchety in your old age... don't like Emoji's... 1995? Have you been in a coma for the last 25 years? Have you ever used social media?
    Last edited by Gistok; August-20-20 at 10:36 PM.

Here's a legitimate question for those who think that Biden is mentally unfit to run for president. Now that we have all become aware [[thanks to the short poignant speech of a stuttering 13 year old)... that Biden has had a lifelong issue with stuttering... does that change your perspective at all on Biden's fitness as president? He does have problems at political debates, as has been seen in the past. But that is not a sign of mental fitness... just an issue that plagues 70 million people worldwide.

Here's a legitimate question for those who think that Biden is mentally unfit to run for president. Now that we have all become aware [[thanks to the short poignant speech of a stuttering 13 year old)... that Biden has had a lifelong issue with stuttering... does that change your perspective at all on Biden's fitness as president?

No.

Presumably we've all been aware of that for many years. He's talked about it many times before.

We've also been aware that he's had the top of his head sawed off to do brain surgery,.. such as multiple aneurysms.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1182067150955143168

BUT,.. stuttering doesn't explain what we've seen in the past couple pf years. He didn't have these issues before,.. and stuttering doesn't suddenly get massively worse at age 77. [[Though cognitive issues do)

And of course he hasn't come out and stated that his apparent SEVERE mental decline is just a result of stuttering. But he seems to be hoping that some small slice of voters will infer that, and dismiss the obvious.

Also, I've never heard of stuttering making a roaring comeback when someone gets into their late 70's. What you DO hear about all the time is cognitive issues setting in then. And that's more in line with him saying sentences that make no sense.
    Last edited by Bigdd; August-23-20 at 06:29 AM.

^^^ The fragmented sentences, incomplete words and words and weak cast of his eyes, etc. suggest more than a stuttering problem.

The rub is that Biden's specific cognitive issues are being juxtaposed [[and justified) against the presence of Trump. DT must go [[the argument goes for those desiring him gone) so Biden's deficits must be denied?

In fact I'd say if Biden goes forward [[by votes), it must be acknowledged in that action that he'll probably step down soon and Harris will be president.

Considering this reality will help Biden receive the extra support he'll need for the rigors of being a president - long enough for him to pass the baton. The country will be vulnerable during this time as he will be front and center of policy and visible - have to speak and be much more active.

To ignore this AND yet still vote for Biden as president is to not ignore his need for the support [[FDR's increasing deficit hid more effectively his last run because there was no internet and social media but photos showed he was not well either). Yet he ran and died in office.

Reagan went into dementia at the end of his run, but didn't start there.

Nothing I have said advances Trump, it reflects strong possibilities related to a Biden short-term presidency.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-23-20 at 06:54 AM.

I think Biden clearly has cognitive decline. Stuff like mixing up his wife and his sister, saying he is running for Senate, not President etc. It's not stuttering.

He cannot be that bad,he has a net worth of 11 million dollars all gained while on a government salary and raising a family of 4,by that standard a single person working at wal-mart should be able to retire with a net worth of 22 million after 20 years.

"I entered as one of the poorest men in Congress, left one of the poorest men in government — in Congress and as vice president," Biden said.

With a net worth of 11 million and that is the definition of poor all of us regular people must be 10 miles below the poverty line.
    Last edited by Richard; August-23-20 at 10:11 AM.

Well at least we know WHY Biden does what he does, his personal life is made public.

However, since Trump has kept so much of his life secret... anyone know why our "Genius" president is having so much difficulty in speeches?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftpc4fwcDfk&t=25s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJhBwbwSRBM

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    He cannot be that bad,he has a net worth of 11 million dollars all gained while on a government salary and raising a family of 4,by that standard a single person working at wal-mart should be able to retire with a net worth of 22 million after 20 years.

"I entered as one of the poorest men in Congress, left one of the poorest men in government — in Congress and as vice president," Biden said.

With a net worth of 11 million and that is the definition of poor all of us regular people must be 10 miles below the poverty line.
    Actually the VAST majority came from post-office-holding book contracts and speaking fees. Not hard to actually fact check this stuff, boy genius.

So are you routing for him now or just being obtuse for giggles? LOL!

Some people with early stage dementia may have acquired great wealth during their active lives, but far, FAR too many are indigent, and end up forgotten in our senior facilities.

I'm long past BELIEVING the hype that big money is only tied up in the right wing. That's low resolution thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast