Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ...WWIII is highly unlikely.
    Yeah, I was being facetious. My real point being that, if ever the government reinstituted a draft, it would stir up a hornet's nest that would make the insurrection of January 6, and the protests of the 1960s, look like Girl Scout Cookie sales. I think we could count on our fingers the number of people in this country who haven't grown disaffected by forty-plus years of neoliberalism. i.e., self-Salomation from sea to shining sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Yeah, I was being facetious. My real point being that, if ever the government reinstituted a draft, it would stir up a hornet's nest that would make the insurrection of January 6, and the protests of the 1960s, look like Girl Scout Cookie sales. I think we could count on our fingers the number of people in this country who haven't grown disaffected by forty-plus years of neoliberalism. i.e., self-Salomation from sea to shining sea.
    Democrats recently worked expanding Jimmy Carter's draft registration to include women into the defense appropriations bill. It was silent removed somewhere along the way.

I am a graduate of the Fort Wayne induction process. It was poorly run. Strips of paper that went into vials of urine were dipped in and out. I was told later that they are supposed to remain in the urine for some time for accuracy. It seemed like everyone getting off the bus from Ann Arbor had a stack of paperwork to show the doctors. Black kids and white kids from rural Michigan did not. Guess who got drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    ...Strips of paper that went into vials of urine were dipped in and out.
    My draft card went into the urinal and came out positive for both sanity and non-stupidity.

Easy way to do it, reinstate some sort of required government service [[ah-la Israel) from every citizen during peace time.

The boomers deep seated sociopathic selfishness has lead to too many problems to count in this society.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    ...The boomers deep seated sociopathic selfishness has lead to too many problems to count in this society.
    All These "OK Boomer"​ Memes Are Promoting Ageism in the Workplace

...I find the whole story to be equal parts frustrating and disheartening. Baby Boomers are those people born between 1946 and 1964. Aside from the amount of time they’ve spent on this earth falling within that 18-year window, what other commonalities do you think this group shares?

More than 500,000 surveys in the Valuegraphics database tell us the truth: NOTHING. Globally, Baby Boomers agree with each other on something just 16% of the time, so to accuse someone of “acting like a Boomer” does nothing but reveal ignorance. All Boomers believe and behave differently, and the same holds true for Generation X, Millennials, and Generation Z....

Easy way to do it, reinstate some sort of required government service [[ah-la Israel) from every citizen during peace time.

The boomers deep seated sociopathic selfishness has lead to too many problems to count in this society.
    Think again, after reading the Wikipedia article on neoliberalism AKA laissez faire capitalism, trickle-down economics, globalism, unrestricted free trade, outsourcing, union busting, deregulation, etc., AKA deep-seated selfishness as a national strategy.

The government serves only oligarchs and plutocrats. So, why should hoi polloi serve the government?

Uncle Sam will learn a harsh truth about its disaffected subjects, if ever it tries to draft an Army.

Neoliberalism - Wikipedia
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; March-01-22 at 06:09 PM.

Yeah... damn them boomers... losing 58,000 of them as cannon fodder in Vietnam wasn't enough for some people apparently. Those selfish boomers...

Hah! I am at the end of the boomers [folks born 1960-64] and we've paid the taxes! All these years along with the older more maligned boomers.

We're not being replaced in the same numbers [by those working over the span of years consistently]... who's gonna pay for all of the government goodies? Promised?

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Yeah... damn them boomers... losing 58,000 of them as cannon fodder in Vietnam wasn't enough for some people apparently. Those selfish boomers...
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-02-22 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ...who's gonna pay for all of the government goodies?
    The middle class has disappeared. And it's my guess is that those programs will disappear, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    who's gonna pay for all of the government goodies? Promised?

Not to worry. In a few years they'll do away with Social Security payments and have all the money they need. At least for a decade or so...

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Not to worry. In a few years they'll do away with Social Security payments and have all the money they need. At least for a decade or so...
    INANE comment, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob View Post
    INANE comment, as usual.

Name:  20220304_060608.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  40.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob View Post
    INANE comment, as usual.
    Don't blame him... he's struggling with senility...

It was the boomer kids that either got drafted and sent to Vietnam or dodged the draft in college or Canada.