Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by wazootyman View Post
    I really dislike this - sorry. If you're going to take advantage of the physical presence, then I feel like you should at least make an effort to support the store. While what you're doing is something you can do [[like you can forego leaving a tip a restaurant), it just doesn't seem right.

I actually don't mind paying a few extra bucks for items that support local business owners and help to ensure that I'll have some stores to go to in the future.

When I think of Amazon, I just I feel like we're in a race to the bottom.
    Yeh I hear ya, I do feel like a dirt bag sometimes but it is what it is. The economy churns, it moves, it morphs. We’re always in transition and nothing’s going to bring back the old days. it’s just not viable to sell the same product or service at a premium just because you operate a costlier business. Having said that, I will say that I do give the B&M store the opportunity to price match. The last time I bought appliances, they did.

As for Amazon, it has the winning formula for now. Just like Walmart did and were considered the parasite of mom and pops for it. The big three were that too, until they weren’t. Now Tesla has ideas that disrupt the old antiquated ways and the traditional players don’t like it. They’re blocking progress, which is not right, but unfortunately they will likely pay for it.

So my dog in this fight is my wallet. I shop downtown when I can. I eat and get entertained when and where I feel without haggle but when it comes to paying retail, I do my research.

Blame amazon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2