Quote Originally Posted by Tig3rzhark View Post
I'm not in agreement with everything she says. As a Detroiter, there are some true things that she says.

There aren't many corner stores, let alone gas stations that are owned by the majority population of Detroit. No surprise there, since much of Detroit is owned by those that don't live in the city at all.

Ever since Mike Duggan got elected, there has been plenty of improvement. But we got a long way to go, and the rest of the city of Detroit needs to be improved too, not just Midtown and Downtown.

Today, I've seen more empty lots than I've seen improvements in the neighborhoods. Let's put it this way, it isn't right to blame an entire type of population for the city's problems. It doesn't seem to make sense to promote a "black, white, whatever" business based on ethnicity alone.

You promote the business that provides what you want. If they don't have what you want, you don't promote it anymore. So if the corner stores treat you wrong, don't go to that business anymore, and tell others not to go, based on a review of your experiences, not on the basis of their culture.

I know Joanna Underwood, she's an activist. She will defend her beliefs, regardless of any opposition.

This city can't just discard the ones that stayed through the good and bad times and just make it look good for new people coming in.

Duggan's slogan of "One Detroit", must be put to action. Words just aren't enough anymore.

As for Joanna Underwood, racial nationalism of any kind, won't work here. And that's what i'm going to say about that.

This is what happens when unqualified local idiots get elected, I remember seeing her on a mutual friends facebook feed when the serial killer was prowling around and she said something to the effect of the police were now only going after him because a white victim was found,lol. The first confirmed victim was white but never let facts get in the way of the big mouth