Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ccbatson Guest

File for divorce now...the husband has sent a clear message that he is exiting, she needs to protect her interests sooner rather than later.

Whats the big deal? She should let him move out of he wants to, file for divorce. Why should he keep paying the bills where he isn't living? There are no minor children involved. How sexist of some of you to think that because she's a woman that he is somehow obligated to her. If it was her that left him or two gay men and one moved out would you be saying the same thing? Looks like it's time for her to get a job.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; September-02-09 at 05:30 PM.

It isn't because she is a woman, Ss. You are wearing your sexist blinders still. It is because they are legally married, and as such are obligated to each other legally. He has to continue his share of the payments while they are legally married, as does she.

He does have a choice, stay in the home and not pay double bills.

Quote: "t isn't because she is a woman, Ss. You are wearing your sexist blinders still."

No blinders. I know of several couples that have split up and when the woman leaves, they NEVER share in the expenses. Yeah right, they are going to stop by every month and drop off a check. Never going to happen.

It's just like when couples split up, the woman is always the default guardian and gets immediate custody of the minor children. That is sexist in and of itself. Where is it etched in stone that the mother is a better parent than the father? I know of several cases where the mother is clearly not the better parent. And most men can not afford the long lengthy legal fight to combat these unfair laws. Why is it the man's responsibility to retain counsel and pay for it to see that he even get's visitation in some cases? How is that a 50-50 situation?

Hey I'm all for equality, let's have it.

[[And women I date, wonder why I never wish to marry again, spare me)

The person with the higher income will be obliged to pay more. If the facts are, the woman is contributing to the bills, she picks up and leaves with her new boyfriend, and pays nothing to the continued marital debt, then your friends need help enforcing the law on their side.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2