Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpeteer View Post
    When we fly to Chicago we always us GoAirport Express to get to our downtown hotel. A shared shuttle van costing about $40 each way for both of us. Usually at our hotel in an hour. This is something DTW needs badly!
    Why not just use an Uber? It would be the same or cheaper.

Also, pretty sure there are van services to Metro. At least there were when I was in college at U of M.

A simple stop-gap solution is express shuttles from DTW every 30 mins that can also drive on the shoulder, much like the new limited access lanes on US-23. IIRC, the wide shoulders on I-94 near DTW were built with some intention. Obviously it gets narrower in the city, but you could restrict lane usage during major events.

Hah. I hope you're being *sarcastic.*...... I know people working two, three jobs [[and NOT just to pay for their cars)! For example, I work at two job sites one day of the week, less than 1.5 hour time frame apart.

Driving is the only option to get from one job to the next on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    ... Also, it's quite apparent almost no one on DYes travels for work. When you go to a convention, you're either per diem or given reimbursements. In either case, you're gonna take Uber/Lyft these days, 99% of the time. It makes zero sense to use transit, even in a city with fantastic transit. It isn't like business travelers to Paris or NYC are typically riding the subway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2