Quote Originally Posted by Former_Detroiter View Post
Am I missing something here. I'm trying to understand what you are trying to say but I can't figure it out.
I think he's trying to put into context what Detroit can and should be - a town - not a major, dense city. I tend to agree. We have the ability to incorporate blue [[canals) green belts [[forest parks/tree farms/agriculture farms) and areas in the city next to fairly dense housing. Hell put a racetrack in the middle of the city for all these fools who want to break their Dodge Charger axles. Use our space in new ways, not regular high demand Chicago/NYC/Tokyo ways in which we couldn't get if we tried our assess of due to economic factors. I'm speaking in fairly vague terms but the large point is don't chase major metropolises, we can't compete with them in immediate downtown or further out. Hop them and be a city with a creative town feel. If there's anything cities in the U.S. are crying out for besides affordable housing, yoga and bike lanes, it's a place with regional identity. Every U.S. city is trying to be the same and if the Chase banks, Duane Reades and specialty sweet stores of Manhattan show even our original Gotham city is looking like a mock up of bland chains and isolated hyper rich towers [[a la Stephen Ross). Manhattan is a shell of the human vibrancy it used to be.