Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Lorax Guest

LOL!!!!

Keep believing the tripe, if you wish. Unsuspecting? Yeah, I don't think so. We know what you're all about. And what to expect from the goosestepping Reich.

Nothing new here, just keep spreading lies on Fox Noise, layering it on thick like cream cheese on a bagel, and the backward Christofascists who listen to this garbage will eat it up, then go back to beating their wives, chugging beer and cheering on the the terminally short-dicked Glenda Speck.

Great company you keep.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Typical liberal response ala Bill Mahr...the public is stupid, yeah, that's right, that's the problem, not that the liberal media is doing anything wrong to turn off viewers/listeners.

Keep thinking that way, we like unsuspecting opponents.
    "Lib'rul med'yuh, lib'rul med'yuh, lib'rul med'yuh..."

Keep saying it, and the story writes itself.

Never mind the fact that America and its media at large are by far the most conservative among OECD nations. Nope. That doesn't count, because the world outside our borders doesn't exist.

Shit, for some people the world outside their own little suburb doesn't exist. There's just a little white bread bubble of retrograde 1950s America, organized with WASP males at the top. Yes, I'm looking at you, Livonia.

So yes, Fox News has the highest ratings among any cable news channel, but that doesn't mean the majority of Americans watch it or even agree with it. Consider that ALL the national network news casts have higher ratings than either Beck or O'Reilly, even the crappy CBS newscasts.

You'll note how the Fox broadcast network doesn't have a nightly news program. This is because news is considered a ratings drain for prime time programming, and because Rupert Murdoch's newscasts are targeted to a niche market. His alarmist and sensationalist stories preach to the basest elements of conservative populism: fear of the unknown, anger towards outsiders, and a resentment towards change. These are manifest through a worship of traditional authority figures and institutions, a false dichotomy on ethical debates, and a fetishized obsession with conformity.

Inner conflict may be the weakness of all liberal political movements, but in many ways I'm glad MSNBC isn't nearly as popular as Fox News. It tells me liberals aren't of the outside world, which exists whether you acknowledge it or not.

ccbatson Guest

Trends over time paint a better picture...liberal media declining, conservative outlets rising.

Blarf Guest

Glen Beck seriously gets some people this riled up?

I haven't listened to him enough to have an opinion, but if you don't like what he says, don't listen to him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3