Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    What I can't figure out is the culture of corruption. It is like nearly everything in Detroit is rotten to the core, operating with all the integrity and professionalism as a banana republic.

Monica Conyers, Kwame, Maroun, Leland, Rizzo, the shitty negelegent parents who lived on my street, the shitty people kitty corner from me with trash in their yard screaming all night long, the shitty drug dealers and their shitty PASTOR father who lived down the streety from me - everyone is shit. Everyone is morally bankrupt shit. Why is that?
    A Reddit poster specifically brought up what you mention to as one of the reasons they recently "quit" Detroit. And they're referring to the entire region in general, not just the city proper.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red..._quit_detroit/

When I refer to ghetto culture, I'm referring to the dysfunctional mindset that has been embedded in the minds of citizens and property managers. When things are so fundamentally broken for so long [[i.e. no street lights and poor emergency service response times for well over a decade) expectations for what is normal becomes seriously degraded. It takes living in the city for a period of time to see this erosion of standards in full view. I lived in three different buildings and experienced a severe lacking in basic neighborliness, not only by management but fellow tenants,in each case.
    I guess that's what happens when you live in a community that has experienced an economic collapse and/or depression. When people lose everything, they lose it.

It's not unique to Detroit, but only magnified because it's such a huge place to experience such a collapse in an otherwise prosperous country.
    Last edited by 313WX; October-19-18 at 10:20 AM.

Poo, it's not just there. The world is full of examples. Humans are crooked, self centered dirtbags.

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    Does anyone else need a scorecard? Here's what I think I know:

4. The QA Cantrell funeral home in Eastpointe is run by the daughter of Raymond Sr., Annette Cantrell. The QA Cantrell website has been up since September 2015, and there is no indication that Raymond II is affiliated.

Did I get anything wrong?
    Annetta wasn't his daughter, it was his wife. http://www.nfda.org/news/in-the-news...-e-cantrell-sr

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Poo, it's not just there. The world is full of examples. Humans are crooked, self centered dirtbags.
    I’ve met what I think are some nice people along the way. Maybe they had me fooled.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Is it just me or does Detroit have a weird problem with funeral homes not properly taking care of bodies? I feel like we hear about this repeatedly through the years. This is probably the worst I've heard about though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    It's you because the article is about Flint.
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    My apologies...
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; October-20-18 at 06:09 AM.

Either Detroit has a really high infant mortality rate or something nefarious was going on. The medical examiner needs to check those infant bodies to see if all their organs and tissues are intact.
    Last edited by Pat001; October-21-18 at 08:49 AM.

http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/artic..._of_63_fetuses

Now this. Black funeral homes serving the black community and almost 80 babies found in cardboard boxes, urn jars, under shelving, in hidden ceiling Where is the outrage from the black community?

When the building was established it was Cooper Bros Funeral Home. 1940 Detroit Free Press clippingName:  Screenshot_20181020-223627.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  51.8 KB

Is this discovery in two Detroit funeral homes not important? No more discussion, no outrage by the community? No blame placed on the funeral home owners, directors, staff or surviving mothers or family that these infants belonged to? Where were the families when these babies were entrusted to these funeral homes? If this were a suburban funeral home in Grosse Pointe, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, I know we'd see much more activists demanding answers, but so far, at these two low life funeral homes not even a balloon, a teddy bear or a flower placed outside in memory of these abandoned children. Unbelievable and so obvious!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3