Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Not sure too many veterans groups are happy with him now.

https://www.militarytimes.com/vetera...mccains-death/
    Last edited by Maof; August-28-18 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Not taking sides but did not McCain say he did not want Trump at his funeral? Still Trump should ditch 'titt for tat'. Doubtful that he will.
    Well, he did start by saying McCain wasn't a war hero because he was captured and continued saying it up until the day before he died. McCain had respect for office and his country something Donald lacks. He turned it into a dog and pony show.
    Last edited by Maof; August-28-18 at 05:45 AM.

^^^ Trump has reversed himself just now, stating his respect for McCain:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...nt-tsr-vpx.cnn

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Trump has reversed himself just now, stating his respect for McCain:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...nt-tsr-vpx.cnn
    Yes, but only after pressure to do so and three days after he died. Apparently, there was a original statement drafted by his staff, which he pushed aside and decided on a dumb tweet.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nt/1108295002/

The act of getting captured does not automatically make one a hero just because he was connected,the hero’s are the ones that come back in a body bag,because they gave the ultimate sacrifice.
    When he was captured, he had two broken arms and a broken leg. No act.

I was in the Navy then, [[Viet Nam Era), and to land and take off from a moving aircraft carrier, fly over enemy territory dodging surface to air missiles, and surviving extreme maltreatment in a enemy prison -
    is a hero to me.
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-28-18 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    Your’s is the 18th Post Maof, and I don’t think there’s an accolade yet! Including your own Post. Just maybe you got it wrong!
    The damn Market is up again this morning. I’m getting tired of having to pay the Capital Gains taxes. Do you think this is due to your accolades Maof?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The act of getting captured does not automatically make one a hero just because he was connected,the hero’s are the ones that come back in a body bag,because they gave the ultimate sacrifice.
    My dad served 4 years in WW2 crossing enemy lines as a medic helping to save his fellow soldiers in the European, African and Middle Eastern Theatres. He IS a hero and thank God he didn't come home in a body bag!

Maof, go easy on Richard. Those with no knowledge of combat are the first in line to brag, wrap themselves in the flag, pound their hairless chests in mock outrage, push others to the front of the firing-line and proclaim their patriotism as a birthright.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I was amazed at the MSM promotion of Huckabee in the 2008 Republican primary. The alternative press had noticed all sorts of glitches in the Huckabee story but the MSM would not report them and gave Huckabee fantastic coverage. Meanwhile, McCain was wandering around Iowa with his campaign in tatters. Maybe 30 elderly people would show up in a cafe when his bus came to town. Then, for reasons I never understood, the MSM did a 180 on Huckabee, dumped all the information it had been withholding about Huckabee and simultaneously pronounced McCain to be the "comeback kid". The big money started going to McCain. My candidate, Ron Paul, was hardly acknowledged and lied about by the MSM. Neither was Kucinich on the Democratic side. I wondered if our presidential candidates were pre-selected so the 1% or corporatists, whatever you want to call them, would win either way at least until Trump broke through.

McCain was the most hawkish person in Congress. There didn't seem to be a war he didn't favor. His votes in congress have cost American and foreign lives and emptied our treasury. Thinking himself funny, he sang "bomb. bomb Iran" to the tune of Barbara Ann.

I went to a McCain rally in 2008. It was a bizarre affair sort of like a mini-Munich rally with patriotic films of military parades and flags to warm the crowd up. I snuck in a Ron Paul sign safety pinned under my winter jacket which I held up in the fourth row every time McCain said the magic word: "Iraq". I do not show up in this video, but McCain looked at me and courteously responded to me at 4:15. The Chairman of the County Republican Party wearing an American flag tie was glaring. Outside, young Ron Paul and old time depression era Democrats [[Kucinich supporters?) protested McCain and all his wars together. The older guy at 8:40 is a Democrat.
    Oladub you will like this:

https://www.rt.com/usa/436904-lockhe...mccain-eulogy/

The
    Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Maof, go easy on Richard. Those with no knowledge of combat are the first in line to brag, wrap themselves in the flag, pound their hairless chests in mock outrage, push others to the front of the firing-line and proclaim their patriotism as a birthright.
    Maof is not the hero to “go easy on Richard”, gnome; it was her dad that was a hero by personal choice.

I spent three years in the Military in Europe many years ago. No combat experience, but still got a few hairs on my chest. Doubt I could have risen to the level of being a hero [[unless I’d been taken prisoner).

What was your combat experience gnome?
    Last edited by coracle; August-28-18 at 04:04 PM.

Maof is not the hero to “go easy on Richard”, gnome; it was her dad that was a hero by personal choice.

I spent three years in the Military in Europe many years ago. No combat experience, but still got a few hairs on my chest. Doubt I could rise to the level of being a hero.

What was your combat experience gnome?

A true Hero is something akin to a submarine sandwich, is it not?

You try and get the point across to no avail. I give up lol.

Actually I spent a lot of time on the front line,and it usually was only me and 3 others so we were the firing line.

That would make it ones that do not know what they are talking about that talk the loudest,I am comfortable around live fire are you?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    A true Hero is something akin to a submarine sandwich, is it not?
    It could well be in Canada, if you say so - but who cares other than you?

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    You try and get the point across to no avail. I give up lol.
    They obviously both failed Reading Comprehension in 5th grade, so what's the point. Gnome clearly stated that those with no combat experience are first in line to brag, and one of them brags about being in the service but never in combat. Huh?

Lol Reading comprehension.

A thread Titled John McCain where it becomes about Trump,Richard,and everything but McCain,but then wa wa when it happens in reverse.

There seems to be a lot of consistency when it comes to McCains time in service and the followers of the previous administration,both cases a war was going on while people back in the states were protesting.

Bowing under public pressure the decision was made to inform the enemy through channels of when and where the next bombing mission was going to take place,the intent was to lessen civilian casualties but it gave the enemy time to re enforce the targets with extra anti aircraft fire.

No element of surprise,John McCains father was in charge of operations and passed the information on to Washington in order to be relayed to the enemy.

I understand McCains reasoning behind staying as a prisoner for the additional 4 years based on being in a privileged position,as soon as the found out his father was the boss he was offered to be released.

I respect his service to his country but I also question how many lives could have been saved by not fighting a war based on public opinion,the position he was in could have been better served saving lives stateside by explaining to the public what was actually going on verses languishing in the prison camp.

We saw the exact same protocol during the Obama administration where the enemy was informed of actions beforehand and lives were lost because of it unnecessarily.

Sadly we just do not live in a country anymore where it is possible to have opposing opinions without people attacking with little child actions,kinda makes those who paid the price in vain in order to protect the republic.

But it does become clear on who the republic needs to be protected from based on their actions.

It is actually not rocket science,we are not forced to like everybody and there are no regulations requiring it.

If he had not been the admirals son,we would have never known his name and this dictatoral discussion would never be happening.

How much Combat have you seen? Jcole ?

Lots of the military are in service without seeing combat for thier whole career,you are useing that as it’s cool point? Seriously?

I respect his service to his country but I also question how many lives could have been saved by not fighting a war based on public opinion,the position he was in could have been better served saving lives stateside by explaining to the public what was actually going on verses languishing in the prison camp.
    Ah, yes, that's undoubtedly what Captain Bonespurs was doing during Vietnam. Busy "saving lives", undoubtedly.

Not that facts have any relevance in the Cult, but it's kinda hard to "save lives stateside" when you're being imprisoned/tortured by the Vietcong.

Those with no knowledge of combat are the first in line to brag, wrap themselves in the flag, pound their hairless chests in mock outrage, push others to the front of the firing-line and proclaim their patriotism as a birthright.
    Is that a soliloquy gnome?

incidently, make Moab aware that this thread has now reached 42 contributions re John McCain RIP......... and still short on those accolades.
    Last edited by coracle; August-30-18 at 06:54 AM.

Is this a soliloquy gnome?

incidently, make Moab aware that this thread has now reached 42 contributions re John McCain RIP......... and still short on those accolades.
    Im here coracle.

RIP to John McCain. A true American hero.

You happy now?

Im here coracle.

RIP to John McCain. A true American hero.

You happy now?
    Guess it’s turned out to be a self fulfilling accolade. Not disagreeing with you, because it’s a popularly held opinion. Just disagree with the childish need to smear President Trump in your #18 contribution in order to make a point about John McCain - which wasn’t in itself a particularly glowing accolade to JM.
    Last edited by coracle; August-30-18 at 07:26 AM.

So one cannot be a "hero" unless killed in battle? Uh-huh. If McCain was killed and not only tortured Trump would have said "I prefer my soldiers not get killed" and his Cult would scream approval.

You may not be a fan of your loving current president, but he has the support of the military and the ones that were there and understand.
    And you have zero evidence of this, of course. The military has always leaned conservative/traditional Republican but no one thinks Trump is conservative or holds traditional Republican values, and those who hold such values have rejected him.

Guess it’s turned out to be a self fulfilling accolade. Not disagreeing with you, because it’s a popularly held opinion. Just disagree with the childish need to smear President Trump in your #18 contribution in order to make a point about John McCain - which wasn’t in itself a particularly glowing accolade to JM.

He brings it on himself. He's fuming right now because Mccain is receiving a hero's farewell something Trump will never receive.

He brings it on himself. He's fuming right now because Mccain is receiving a hero's farewell something Trump will never receive.
    Not all is lost, though. The Kremlin will undoubtedly give him a hero's sendoff. Trump will get his accolades for undermining the U.S., threatening the Western alliance and challenging democratic norms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Not all is lost, though. The Kremlin will undoubtedly give him a hero's sendoff. Trump will get his accolades for undermining the U.S., threatening the Western alliance and challenging democratic norms.
    Refer #1713 under “Welcome To Trump World” thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post

Name:  Hillary Thumbs Up.JPG
Views: 516
Size:  52.7 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast