Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/15/polit...eat/index.html

https://www.vox.com/2018/8/16/176980...-york-governor

Comments? Thoughts? I get the animus towards and concern re. many of president Trump policies, behaviors and the whole MAGA thing. However, are we not crash landing the plane beyond the runway here?

What audience/ target do you think governor Andrew Cuomo [[an immigrants son) is reaching, directly or indirectly thru his statement?
    Full Quote here:

"We're not going to make America great again. It was never that great," Cuomo, a Democrat, remarked at a bill signing event in New York City. The comment was met by an audible reaction from the crowd.His comments were a response to President Donald Trump's campaign catchphrase -- "Make America Great Again."

"We have not reached greatness. We will reach greatness when every American is fully engaged," Cuomo added. "We will reach greatness when discrimination and stereotyping of women, 51% of our population, is gone, and every woman's full potential is realized and unleashed and every woman is making her full contribution."
    Help to actually list what he said in full, instead of what Trump would like you to think he said.

Excuse me, but A. I'm not a Trump person [[dem or repub), didn't vote for him B. I submitted two links re. what Cuomo said C. I did not prevent anyone from deeper exploration as to what was said D. Neither Vox or CNN are alt-right, right wing news sources.

Thank you for your your added contribution, in re-quote format [[as it appears in the link I provided).

So what do you think about it?
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-17-18 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Excuse me, but A. I'm not a Trump person [[dem or repub), didn't vote for him B. I submitted two links re. what Cuomo said C. I did not prevent anyone from deeper exploration as to what was said D. Neither Vox or CNN are alt-right, right wing news sources.

Thank you for your your added contribution, in re-quote format [[as it appears in the link I provided).

So what do you think about it?
    You just have to except the fact that until you place a full page add in the Freep denouncing President Trump and a letter from the pope stating that you have atoned for your sins of not speaking negatively of the current president,you will always just be another deplorable in the eyes of the Internet justice league.

Some are just like the priest protrays in the Game Of Thrones,until he got baked anyways.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YlHOnueVUDI

Caution contains situations that some may find offensive and or nudity,please do not click on if one is offended by such.
    Last edited by Richard; August-17-18 at 02:24 PM.

Oh darn, the unyielding persecution! ----

Withstanding the fact that I'm not saying good things about our current POTUS either. What's annoying and unwise in this case is a. Cuomo taking a jab at Trump thru his comment, and b. Trump responding so petty as he always does.

Dudes go duke it out in a boxing ring, but putting down the country to 'send a message...'. Uhm, really? We're not talking about my country right-or-wrong etc. worship here. But you can't be a politician and expect a comment like that not to hurt you as a quotable future forward.

And we see now Cuomo's in full damage control mode behind his comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You just have to except the fact that until you place a full page add in the Freep denouncing President Trump and a letter from the pope stating that you have atoned for your sins of not speaking negatively of the current president,you will always just be another deplorable in the eyes of the Internet justice league.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-20-18 at 09:00 AM.