Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

A State Historic designation is as useful as "tits on a bull"! The only benefit is the nominating authority is "allowed" to purchase the marker from the state. The State does not provide the markers. There are a handful of inaccurate markers around the city that I have brought to the attention of the SHPO and they seem to not care. The house itself sits in the city designated Brush Park Historic District which does offer some protection. From what I understand the amount of deferred maintenance at 208 Mack Avenue is quite substantial. As for Albert Kahn, the moniker I cannot stand is "the architect of Detroit." In all he designed approximately 1,000 buildings in the city out of the 100's and 100's and 100's of thousands of buildings that have been built in the city. And yes he did design some of the most significant buildings but many were designed by other firms. I would like to see a monument to the many architects/architectural designers who helped to create the fabulous architecture of the city. Last just for accuracy 208 Mack Avenue was built in 1906, with a large addition added by Kahn in 1921.
    Last edited by p69rrh51; June-19-18 at 02:31 PM.