Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Yes, that's a distinction worth mentioning. In any event Manning may have received a break, but Obama knew to stay away from Kilpartrick [[before and after his fall).

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Obama did not pardon Chelsea Manning, he commuted Manning's remaining sentence. There's a pretty substantial difference between those two things.

Under the Department's rules governing petitions for executive clemency, 28 C.F.R. §§ 1.1 et seq., an applicant must satisfy a minimum waiting period of five years before he becomes eligible to apply for a presidential pardon of his federal conviction. The waiting period, which is designed to afford the petitioner a reasonable period of time in which to demonstrate an ability to lead a responsible, productive and law-abiding life, begins on the date of the petitioner's release from confinement.
    https://www.justice.gov/pardon/pardo...d-instructions

So, how could KK even apply? I thought he was still inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I will not mock it fully. Prison affords a certain level of time for reflection from which some engage philosophy, religion and varied intellectual pursuits.
    I wouldn't mock it [[well, any more than I mock religion in general), if it came with real insight and contrition. But it almost never does. In Kwame's case, as noted elsewhere on this thread, he's never even been able to admit that he did a damn thing wrong. Instead he's using his purported "relationship" with Jesus to show what a changed man he is, how righteous he's become, and how deserving of being pardoned [[for those crimes he didn't do) he is.

There should be riots in the streets IF this idiot is pardoned by Trump

I will not mock it fully. Prison affords a certain level of time for reflection from which some engage philosophy, religion and varied intellectual pursuits.

And yet actions have consequences for those who should be there. Withstanding for example religious conversion.
    Whose knocking it? Just speaking a truth. If I were in jail, I'd have plenty of time to reflect on the error of my ways that put me there. I get why people do it.

LOL, maybe we should all be incarcerated for allowing Kwame to become the mayor in the first place.

I seem to recall that Trump mentioned Detroit in his election victory speech. Kwame noticed that Trump has a soft spot for the city. Now that Kwame has 'found the light', his release from prison is an integral part of Detroit's overall redemption and renewal! Yeah, right.
    Last edited by night-timer; June-16-18 at 07:14 AM.

Yes, then we agree. I just know that sometimes that kind of thing is mocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Whose knocking it? Just speaking a truth. If I were in jail, I'd have plenty of time to reflect on the error of my ways that put me there. I get why people do it.

Yep. I hear that, but if he really decerning Jesus [[Christianity) then he will know better. The construct of Redemption follows a brokeness and a contempt for one actions - not defending wrong doing.

Also in most religions pride comes before a fall. That concept should be crystal clear to him a very personal level.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    I wouldn't mock it [[well, any more than I mock religion in general), if it came with real insight and contrition. But it almost never does. In Kwame's case, as noted elsewhere on this thread, he's never even been able to admit that he did a damn thing wrong. Instead he's using his purported "relationship" with Jesus to show what a changed man he is, how righteous he's become, and how deserving of being pardoned [[for those crimes he didn't do) he is.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-16-18 at 11:07 AM.

He might as well pardon him, that's not to say he deserves it, he screwed up, but who hasn't? He pardoned known convict Joe Arpaio, after he was convicted of criminal contempt for harassing and beating illegal immigrants. Trump posthumously pardoned Jack Johnson for taking white women across state lines 105 years ago. He's even talked about giving Muhammad Ali a pardon that he doesn't even need, because the courts overturned his case. Wouldn't surprise me if he did, just for shock value.
    If there was a political, self-serving value in pardoning this thieving liar I think Trump might consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by garyalex View Post
    If there was a political, self-serving value in pardoning this thieving liar I think Trump might consider it.
    Well everybody was calling president Trump racist against African Americans,so why would he even think of a pardon.

The same group will now be calling President Trump racist for not pardoning him because he is African American.

I do think the lady that recently received a pardon was justified along with millions of others sitting in prison because they could not afford a good legal defense should also see some consideration,Kilpatrick no way,unless hell freezes over.

I am like the others in the belief of useing new found religion as a pass shows no merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Well everybody was calling president Trump racist against African Americans,so why would he even think of a pardon.

The same group will now be calling President Trump racist for not pardoning him because he is African American.

I do think the lady that recently received a pardon was justified along with millions of others sitting in prison because they could not afford a good legal defense should also see some consideration,Kilpatrick no way,unless hell freezes over.

I am like the others in the belief of useing new found religion as a pass shows no merit.
    While I don't agree with a lot you say, I do on this, except the part that AfAm will call Trump racist if he doesn't pardon him. No they won't, because a high percentage of those retirees were black. KK's corruption really screwed over the City of Detroit's retirees. They had they're pensions reduced and healthcare taken away, because of his actions. I know a lot of retirees struggling to make ends meet, because of him.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; June-16-18 at 03:20 PM.

^ I was being somewhat obnoxious.

I really think he would be thanking his new found higher being that he lives in a country where the fireing squad is no longer an excepted practice.

If you are in control of a city where everybody is equally happy and everything is going great,okay a couple of million falls off of the table,but when the city was in the condition it was in and the amount of suffering that continues,then no you just became worse then scum.
    Last edited by Richard; June-16-18 at 04:56 PM.

No one should ever use the name of a religious figure as an EXCUSE - as in I found Mohammed, Jesus, Budda, etc., etc. -- to be released from their prior actions.
    Last edited by O3H; June-16-18 at 05:32 PM.

More get out of jail free card from The Black Godfather!

^^^ If we're dredgin' up Godfather references [[and I love them) KK might want to remember ole Tessio.

I don't think Trumps going to get him off the hook!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIJIXMX2zw8

^^^ If we're dredgin' up Godfather references [[and I love them) KK might want to remember ole Tessio.

I don't think Trumps going to get him off the hook!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIJIXMX2zw8

You scare me sometimes. And, no, I don't want to meet your little friend....

^^^ Awe, shucks my bark is worst than my bite!

Birds of a feather. King Kwame's a dirtbag. King Donny's a dirtbag. I'm surprised KK wasn't nominated as Secretary of the Treasury.

While I don't agree with a lot you say, I do on this, except the part that AfAm will call Trump racist if he doesn't pardon him.
    He's already pardoned two so far. It's not about race; it's about swamp-dwellers. And KK was the swamp master of Detroit. In short: it ain't gonna happen. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Donnie's disciples don't bother with petty things like truth or facts.
    POTUS is living in your head rent free. I love seeing comments like yours, they reek of desperation. WINNING! MAGA!

Quote Originally Posted by kathy2trips View Post
    He's already pardoned two so far. It's not about race; it's about swamp-dwellers. And KK was the swamp master of Detroit. In short: it ain't gonna happen. Period.

Don't reference your response to me. And you're WRONG anyway. Nobody made it into race. I was answering Richard's comment. If you read it like you were suppose to, I said African Americans WOULDN'T call him racist if he pardoned him. Reading is fundamental....

I'm agreeing with you, Richard! Lighten up, already! Sheesh!

^ What did I do now? Swamp dewellers would have just used him for gator bait,they have their own forms of justice.

Sometimes we read more into something that is not there,I was referring to people looking for reasons in order to justify his release when there would be none,the use of the word people would be a use of a word that could include anybody or everybody.

That's it. I'm pulling my clients out of Adient immediately!!! They made a deal and it's ironclad without deviation. They broke the deal and I will tell advisors not to invest in Adient anymore.

I doubt someone who's father had KKK affiliations would pardon KK.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast