Quote Originally Posted by cmubryan View Post
Whole I have not been involved with this development, I worked at Village Green [[VG) for many years and managed properties for VG/Holtzman. VG itself doesn't own/hasn't owned any properties as they are simply the management company that Holtzman had an interest in and was the CEO for. Holtzman also had an ownership share in many of the assets that VG managed. The original plan was for this development to be managed by VG under their "City" brand.

Due to many reasons and changes in ownership of VG Management, Holtzman left VG as CEO. After he left, he retained ownership in many of the entities that VG continued to manage. He then decided to start his own management company, City Club which would naturally manage all of his assets where he had an ownership share. Therefore he terminated the management contract with VG and anything that was once a VG apartment community was renamed Village Club. All of the former VG City brand buildings became City Club. Hence why this was originally to be named Statler City Apartments and is now City Club Apartments CBD.
I'm glad the name changed; to name this matchstick building as an homage to the grand concrete and steel structure that once stood here would be pretty shitty.