Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

lilpup Guest

Default Barron's home robbed on his last day as Chief

Last edited by lilpup; July-16-09 at 05:32 PM.

Somehow I don't think it was a coincidence that his computer was stolen. It was just all too ironic, but okay.

diver1369 Guest

That's too bad, but unlike any ordinary citizen whose home is broken into Chief Barron's residence will get the full investigative force of the DPD. The same thing happened to a cop-neighbor years ago and they lifted prints and found the perp. Not like my house where nothing was done even tho' neighbors suspected my next door neighbor of the break-in.

I don't wish a burglary on anyone, having twice been the victim, but you have to admit it's a deliciously ironic coda on his short career as police chief.

Actually, he's a real Detroiter now. You're not a true Detroiter until you've been burgled. Several people told us that after the first time we were hit.

MIRepublic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by professorscott View Post
    I don't wish a burglary on anyone, having twice been the victim, but you have to admit it's a deliciously ironic coda on his short career as police chief.

Actually, he's a real Detroiter now. You're not a true Detroiter until you've been burgled. Several people told us that after the first time we were hit.
    Warren will only be so lucky, right?

Though, to back away from the snarkiness for a minute, I'd have not lost any sleep if this would have happened to someone like Oliver.

Inside job?

If I were him, I think I'd be asking MSP or the FBI to look into this.

My house was burglarized on the same day Obama was inaugurated, but I didn't call the FBI because my computer was stolen/

You weren't the Chief of Police of a city known for corruption and scandal and currently under Federal investigation ousted for political purposes either.

I think someone was afraid he knew something. There is no way I would trust DPD to investigate this.
    Last edited by Meddle; July-17-09 at 09:49 AM.

Detroit deputy police chief held up, robbed

http://www.freep.com/article/2009091...eld-up--robbed

I think a thread should be started listing all the city workers who are robbed.