Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Homeless often go to where the services are. How many communities fought every service tooth and nail to keep 'them' out of their community.

Would you support Detroit closing the NSOs, shelters, etc? Would you support these services being distributed evenly across the region. It is not a matter of whining but a matter that homeless and menatlly ill are placed and often migrate to locations near the services offered. Those services are disproportionately in the city.

You can call it whining if you would like but it is simply realism. Other communities have the resources to fight services entering their community. It is not just an issue with Detroit but the region as a whole. Macommb County and Oakland County locate services in their older , poorer communities. The argument is that the services should be near those that need the help but the reality is the services prevent those that need help from leaving the poorest communities.

You can call it whining, I call it addressing reality so I'm guessing you are unwilling to discuss it.
    Those services are located in the city and the older suburbs for a reason, and it's not entirely due to the classism and racism you seem to be hinting at. You're making it sound like Oakland County opened a homeless shelter in the middle of Bloomfield Hills, then was forced to move it to Hazel Park to avoid a scandal. Services are located where they've been most needed, and continue to be needed. There's no reason for the county/state/whatever to create a service point from the ground up in a relatively affluent area.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    So when engaged in a conversation you can't contribute to you resort to this nonsense Pretty poor attempt at being witty.
    Because it's difficult to recognize much logic in your conspiracy theories and misaligned egalitarian ideals. Or maybe that you won't have a slice of humble pie and admit that you might be wrong.
    Last edited by ThaFuzz; August-28-09 at 10:29 AM.

detmich Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ThaFuzz View Post
    Those services are located in the city and the older suburbs for a reason, and it's not entirely due to the classism and racism you seem to be hinting at. You're making it sound like Oakland County opened a homeless shelter in the middle of Bloomfield Hills, then was forced to move it to Hazel Park to avoid a scandal. Services are located where they've been most needed, and continue to be needed. There's no reason for the county/state/whatever to create a service point from the ground up in a relatively affluent area.

You must be a racist, and live in the suburbs to say something like that.

I heard this but never really understood what was behind it: After the Water and Sewerage department, EMS brings in the most revenue. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by detmich View Post
    You must be a racist, and live in the suburbs to say something like that.
    I'm Shout® Advanced Stain-Lifting Foaming my KKK robes right now. I accidentally spilled poster paint all over them while I was making an "OBAMA IS A NAZI" sign for the latest town hall meeting.

detmich Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ThaFuzz View Post
    I'm Shout® Advanced Stain-Lifting Foaming my KKK robes right now. I accidentally spilled poster paint all over them while I was making an "OBAMA IS A NAZI" sign for the latest town hall meeting.
    Please add that he is not a citizen, and stop posting truthful statements concerning Detroit issues, it only hurts people's feelings.