Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I'm not suggesting the law not be followed; it just looks to me that as long as the appropriate petitions, commissions, hearings, charters, etc. are complied with, that there is nothing that prevents consolidation. Are you saying that these laws prevent the consolidation of any 2 cities? Could you please cite your reference precisely?
Retroit,

Please re-read the SBC requirements above very carfully before you understand the Michigan annextion laws. The laws may be long, but when I read them carefully it seems to me that there are no loophole for a proposed annexation of Detroit and suburbs. In order for Detroit and suburbs to be amalgamated the State Boundry Commission have to change the laws without distribing the rights and charters of other cities, villages and townships. If you all eager to annex Detroit and suburbs, file a petition to appeal the State Boundry Commissions laws of city, village, charter township and township annexation. Get your friends involved, too. State, federal and local constitutions can be change by the government of the people and for the people. It's in the constitution.