Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

This entire fiasco resulted because demo contractor Adamo [[excellent company) subcontracted the implosion to an amateur company.

I had occasion a few years ago to deal with the world's experts, Controlled Demolition Inc. [[CDI.) The company was started in 1947 by the Loizeaux family in Baltimore. It holds several world records for implosions of structures of every kind, from the tallest to the largest. It imploded the J.L Hudson store several years ago. Had CDI handled the Silverdome job [[admittedly, a rather small job) it would be rubble at this time. Even though it's a small job all implosions involved a huge amount of engineering and explosive skills and the company that was supposed to blow down the Silverdome didn't have them.

Nero Guest

Built Detroit tough!

Nobody builds 'em as tough as Detroit builds 'em.

I think it's down. Heard a massive explosion from Troy about half an hour ago. No vids available though

If Adamo subcontracted said implosion to amateur company...that blew it [[a pun?)... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they are a suboptimal company.
    Since the non-event is kinda going viral/national... I'll go further and say the people at the afore mentioned "Adamo" are a bunch of videos.

...my Damm phone!!
    I meant the Adamo people are vidiots

Found a vid but if you ask me, still looks like a failure.

http://amp.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...-at-4-pm-today

Heard around Adamo HQs today...."where's a bus when you need one?

Name:  IMG_20171204_142504_307.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  89.2 KB Johnny strikes again!

Why demolish something that could have been turned into a "Jack in the box" instead?

Anyone else wonder about all those cars parked in the Silverdome parking lot? I kind of assumed they were overproduced vehicles, maybe by Chrysler since they are in Auburn Hills. On the other hand inventory control is so good that sights like that are pretty much a thing of the past.

Then, aha, I spotted this.
    Pontiac Silverdome parking lot still full of VW's cheating diesels after demolition

http://www.mlive.com/auto/index.ssf/2017/12/pontiac_silverdome_parking_lot.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    ...Then, aha, I spotted this.
    Pontiac Silverdome parking lot still full of VW's cheating diesels after demolition...
    Link repair: Pontiac Silverdome parking lot still full of VW's cheating diesels after demolition.

I mentioned that back in June. The link there to drone footage of the cars still works.

I still can't believe anyone would think they could get away with that "defeat device" software. Those cars were going to be mass produced which means the evidence of the cheat would also be mass produced. All it would take would be one competitor or even an amateur enthusiast to reverse engineer and discover it.

It makes me wonder how many other such cheats are waiting to be discovered by someone willing to accept hush money.

Seeing the dome finally come down was welcome but it won't be quite the same for the Palace. It may not be the newest but will probably be the most state-of-the-art arena/stadium to be demolished in the country. Wonder which site will be redeveloped first?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2