Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Zads07 View Post
    Sports won't jumpstart the economy in Detroit, it will only help it. I truly hope the next thing that happens in the city is fixing the neighborhoods and school district. Only then will the city be a true destination not just to visit, but to live in as well.
    See, there's the rub. There isn't any evidence that Big Events translate into an increase in economic activity, as the locals [[frankly, a more loyal customer base) often stay home.

I think people get upset about the Big Events strategy because the "fixing the neighborhoods and school district" part never seems to happen. The public is told, in so many words, that billionaire sports franchise owners, the NCAA, and Whomever Else We Want to Impress is more important than they are. In my humble opinion, that's a bullshit way to run a city.
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; October-29-17 at 04:04 PM.