Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    When I see developers doing the first shovel. Then I will believe it.
    I completely agree Danny!

https://www.freep.com/story/money/bu...it/3117581001/

Christ, finally. Would've liked more artistic architecture, but what else is new. Yay

The new Meijer in Royal Oak is fantastic; excited for this to finally get going.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    UPDATE: May 13, 2020 Small-format Meijer store to break ground at 1401 E. Jefferson.
    Might it be something similar to the recently opened Woodward Corner Market that Meijer opened in the shopping center at Woodward and 13 Mile Rd.? It doesn't have everything but it is has local sourced products, including baked goods and floral, a coffee shop, and a good selection of alcoholic beverages. Convenient to have within a short drive or within walking distance of home!

it is the Woodward corner mkt concept downtown branded as Rivertown...Very well done concept and promo info indicates it will be larger than the midtown Whole Foods. Whole Foods seems to have shelved plans for a 2nd location, somewhere on the Jefferson strip

Cool idea. I pop into RO often and like the smaller foot-print store option when I don't feel like the bigger Meijer stores!

Could it be?!? A scaled back plan from the original announcement, but none the less ...
    Detroit News: Construction begins this fall on Meijer store on Detroit's east side

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...de/5537808002/

Meijer is notoriously slow-moving with their developments.

Still disappointed there is no apartment aspect to this. If they had kept to their original plans, it would have been a truly transformative project for the area which called for tax breaks, without it, it seems a little silly to give tax money to a grocery chain owned by billionaires.

It is a pretty small amount in the grand scheme of things though, but still wish they kept the apartments, or at least a somewhat mixed use, alive.

I hope that this store set a precedent for better grocery stores and retail lining Jefferson. This will be a game changer being that this store will be similar to the Woodward Corner Market in Royal Oak. I would love to see a Nino Salvaggio type market opening on Jefferson or Kercheval near Van Dyke

^Agree stasu1213... Nino Salvaggio's would be an awesome addition along East Jefferson. Something compact, the size of their St. Clair Shores store, and not the size of their Hall Rd. "train station".

is there space for apartments adjacent to the property?

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ^Agree stasu1213... Nino Salvaggio's would be an awesome addition along East Jefferson. Something compact, the size of their St. Clair Shores store, and not the size of their Hall Rd. "train station".
    Detroit is a farmer's market desert. I am glad they the grocery store was built and plans for it not strapped with the plans of the condos that we're to be built on top of it. Hopefully this store don't allow jitneys or people selling goods such as flea market like jewelry outside of the store. That would be the beginning to a quick ending to that store it it is to be allowed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3