Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Lapooty View Post
    What an absolute let down if the carriage house just ends up being the MCS hotel lobby. It is such a unique space and that redering in your post, Gistok, makes it look so stunning as a potential restaurant/bar.
    On the bright side, if it is the hotel lobby, it will be free to enter at all times so people can see the restoration. A lot of lobby's downtown are now open for you to come sit and work, often they have coffee shops. I've done it multiple times at the Book, Whitney, Siren, and Shinola. So, it might end up being a cool space.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    On the bright side, if it is the hotel lobby, it will be free to enter at all times so people can see the restoration. A lot of lobby's downtown are now open for you to come sit and work, often they have coffee shops. I've done it multiple times at the Book, Whitney, Siren, and Shinola. So, it might end up being a cool space.
    This. I would expect that there is some lobby bar or coffee shop for the public. I feel like the carriage house is far too large for just a lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    This. I would expect that there is some lobby bar or coffee shop for the public. I feel like the carriage house is far too large for just a lobby.
    I agree... and also, that space is too far from the main MCS entrance for it to be a standalone restaurant. So having a special entrance will give that space much more foot traffic. I wonder if hotel guests will have around the clock access to the main waiting hall... or if some of that space can be used as hotel event space? Or maybe the former MCS midway glass roofed area can be used for special event space in the evening for the hotel.

Having the MCS for more than just offices will provide for more foot traffic in the evening, especially if restaurants are planned in the complex.
    Last edited by Gistok; February-22-24 at 05:37 PM.