Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    You're citing The Blaze, which is a far-right wing website, so it's not reputable.

I have no idea how reputable the second source is, but it looks like clickbait. I'm sorry, but you'll need better sources to validate your point. If I were a teacher and you were doing this for a grade, this is an incomplete grade or a 0.

And the relevance is?

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    So in the same breath you are going to say that he needs to show respect for the country that made him wealthy all the while acknowledging that this country has some serious race issues that he has no doubt faced in his life?
    Believe it or not, its possible to appreciate the great things about this nation while simulataneously protesting against the bad things.

Yes, the fact that the nation was built upon centuries of slave labor and blacks are still facing the remnants of systemic racism from that era is completely unacceptable. That said, I'm actually proud to call myself a citizen of a nation where I can drink fresh water, breathe clean air, enjoy the highest standard of living in the world, vote for leaders to represent my interest and receive an education. I wouldn't trade life in America for anything.

Colin doesn't seem to get that [[perhaps you don't either, based on your responses).

I think we can both objectively look at the QBs currently employed in the NFL and know that it isn't his play that is keeping him from being employed. All you need to do is look at his stats from last year while being on a terrible team. He is being blackballed for what he represents.
    Sorry, but no. He was mediocre at best lately while playing for the 49ers.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/c...fantasy-101116

And since we really want to talk about other reasons for him being blackballed, how about his poor people skills when interacting with his teammates in San Francisco, such as the fact that he was too good to stay in the same hotel as them, or the fact that he would force locker room attendants to fetch his car because he was too good to walk to the parking lot like the other players, or the fact that he rarely had friendly conversations with his teammates off the field.
    Last edited by 313WX; September-11-17 at 08:27 PM.

And the relevance is?
    You asked why I hold the opinion I do about his girlfriend, and I answered your question.

I brought her up in the first place because I think she's, in large part, the reason behind the way he's been carrying on lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Zads07 View Post
    You're citing The Blaze, which is a far-right wing website, so it's not reputable.

I have no idea how reputable the second source is, but it looks like clickbait. I'm sorry, but you'll need better sources to validate your point. If I were a teacher and you were doing this for a grade, this is an incomplete grade or a 0.
    And yet, we're not in school.

In any event, I'm not joining along in the "Woe is Kaepernick" party. He only has himself to blame for his predicament, mainly because of his poor judgment skills and less than pleasant personality.

Believe it or not, its possible to appreciate the great things about this nation while simulataneously protesting against the bad things.

Yes, the fact that the nation was built upon centuries of slave labor and blacks are still facing the remnants of systemic racism from that era is completely unacceptable. That said, I'm actually proud to call myself a citizen of a nation where I can drink fresh water, breathe clean air, enjoy the highest standard of living in the world, vote for leaders to represent my interest and receive an education. I wouldn't trade life in America for anything.

Colin doesn't seem to get that [[perhaps you don't either, based on your responses).

Sorry, but no. He was mediocre at best lately while playing for the 49ers.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/c...fantasy-101116

And since we really want to talk about other reasons for him being blackballed, how about his poor people skills when interacting with his teammates in San Francisco, such as the fact that he was too good to stay in the same hotel as them, or the fact that he would force locker room attendants to fetch his car because he was too good to walk to the parking lot like the other players, or the fact that he rarely had friendly conversations with his teammates off the field.
    You can't do that while taking a knee during the anthem? It is impossible to protest the anthem AND still appreciate the good things here? Do you find it at all interesting that you hold him to higher standards than you do yourself?

Of course you are proud, you don't face the same systemic racism each day. It is far easier to gloss over the crap when it has no impact on you. For the record though you just described dozens of country and it is hilarious that you mention the water and air when we live in the same state as Flint and have an administration hell bent on destroying the EPA. But yeah being critical and realistic about our country is pointless when you can drink clean water... sometimes.

As for his stats he had 16TDs to only 4INTs with a qb rating of 90.7. That is good enough to start on many teams in this league and more than enough to be a backup. What you are saying is that owners will look past domestic abuse and drunk driving arrests but they will focus on how he treats locker room attendants. Ok. What other flimsy excuses do you want to throw out there?

Of course you are proud, you don't face the same systemic racism each day. It is far easier to gloss over the crap when it has no impact on you.
    For your information, as a black male, I think I know plenty about systemic racism.

You can't do that while taking a knee during the anthem? It is impossible to protest the anthem AND still appreciate the good things here? Do you find it at all interesting that you hold him to higher standards than you do yourself?
    These are Kaepernick's exact words:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,"

He lacks nuance in his thinking, which gets back to my point about his poor judgment skills. When people of all races sing the national anthem, they're expressing their love for the great things this country offers. To choose to protest this tradition suggests that you hate this nation and the great things it offers, even if that wasn't your intention.

As far as "you hold him to higher standards than you do yourself," I'm not even sure what you mean by that.

As for his stats he had 16TDs to only 4INTs with a qb rating of 90.7. That is good enough to start on many teams in this league and more than enough to be a backup.
    When combined with all of his baggage, it's not good enough.

For your information, as a black male, I think I know plenty about systemic racism.
    Lmao now I really have zero respect for your opinion on this. Im out.

Lmao now I really have zero respect for your opinion on this. Im out.
    Bye.

In case you didn't know, black people aren't some monolithic group that's supposed to just support in lockstep anyone and their crap simply because they're also black.

Kaepernick and Kid Rock both need to go. Can't stand either of them.

These are Kaepernick's exact words:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,"

He's right. I, frankly, don't feel very proud of this country right now either.

There is so much wrong with the U.S., and we've regressed in recent years. We're basically the global pariah at this point. If everyone hates you, it's probably a good time to look inward and see what ails you.

We're a formerly great country that is very flawed right now. Merkel is now the "leader of the free world". Germany has the global moral authority. We can get back on track, but it will take a massive paradigm change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post

He's right. I, frankly, don't feel very proud of this country right now either.
    Then GTFO. Go To Germany in the "free" world. No seriously.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; September-12-17 at 06:43 AM.

Germany? I'm not one to think that the USA is without it's problems and warts but Merkel's Germany as a moral authority? Her nation has its own basketful of problems, ongoing and pending!

Nice compliment paid to the idea of morality however, of which the very mention is usually considered repugnant!!

Merkel is now the "leader of the free world". Germany has the global moral authority. We can get back on track, but it will take a massive paradigm change.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-12-17 at 08:27 AM.

True... in the past the black vote was assumed, our politic taken for granted. Um, nope we have an evolving voice not so predictable! Hotep.

....In case you didn't know, black people aren't some monolithic group that's supposed to just support in lockstep anyone and their crap simply because they're also black.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-12-17 at 08:26 AM.

The way in which he expressed it was stupid? Curious, do you think we would still be discussing him and his stance if he just sent out a press release or did an interview? This is the point of protest and what he's done has sparked a lot of conversation.
    When there's riots or civil disobedience [[like blocking roadways), the default response from many white people is "why can't they just protest peacefully and silently?" And then when a black man engages in a 100% peaceful and silent form of protest, the same white people flip their shit over that too.

What we need to recognize is, that for a significant portion of White America, no form of black protest will ever be acceptable to them. They want blacks to be silent and obedient. If Kap had gone to a Black Lives Matter rally, he would have been crucified for that too. Nothing he was going to do was going to please his white critics except "play football, be quiet, and entertain white people."

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    You DO know that Donald Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan is predicated on the notion that America WASN'T great prior to his election, right?

Perhaps if Donald Trump didn't think that America was great already circa 2016, maybe he should have GTFO to Germany also?
    Last edited by aj3647; September-12-17 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Why? Why do I have to leave? Why can't the un-American idiots and racists leave?

Do you understand ANYTHING about why the U.S. became the greatest country on earth? It had nothing to do with stifling speech and throwing out dissenting beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Germany? I'm not one to think that the USA is without it's problems and warts but Merkel's Germany as a moral authority?
    Yes. Name a country with stronger moral authority today.

Her nation has its own basketful of problems, ongoing and pending!
    OK, and? There is no such thing as a country without problems. Has nothing to do with the discussion.

Germany, right now, is the most admired country on earth.

http://fortune.com/2016/01/20/german...ountry-usnews/

Nice compliment paid to the idea of morality however, of which the very mention is usually considered repugnant!!
    Who, outside of crazed Trump cultists, think that a basic moral code is "repugnant"?

Why do I have to leave?
    Because you're the little whiner that seems to have the problem.

Do you understand ANYTHING about why the U.S. became the greatest country on earth?
    Way better than you seem to.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Nothing he was going to do was going to please his white critics except "play football, be quiet, and entertain white people."
    You DO understand that's exactly what he's paid to do right?

Actors are paid to sing and dance for the viewing audiences pleasure.

Athletes are also paid to perform for the audience's pleasure. Don't please the audience,.. and you won't have a job. Simple.

Sure that mostly involves the yards on the field,.. but a player that is great in the locker room,... is a loved leader of men,.. or is highly loved by the fans can easily find himself playing for more years and for more money than is stats would dictate on their own. Conversely,.. a locker room cancer, disliked by the fans etc,.. and it will work against them.

So a QB that would otherwise have been a backup on some team might well find himself having a hard time finding a job if he's a jerk, stuck-up, a locker room cancer, and disliked by the fans. And just when he's about to get signed,.. his GF makes racists tweets about the owner,.....

But it's HIS career. Makes me no nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    You DO understand that's exactly what he's paid to do right?

Actors are paid to sing and dance for the viewing audiences pleasure.
    He's paid to entertain white people? Seriously? Jesus Christ...

I wasn't aware that NFL fans were exclusively white, or that the opinions of white fans took precedent over the non-white fans.

FYI, actors and athletes have always expressed political opinions and been engaged in political causes. Lebron James does it on a regular basis. They don't exist just to entertain you, they are human beings with thoughts and feelings and opinions and they don't have to keep those opinions to themselves.

As just one example for how this nonsense is getting out of hand, take a look at this local story.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...st-viral-photo

A white man from Pontiac takes a photo of two black people sitting during the National Anthem before the Detroit Lions home opener and captions the photo with "ignorant n*ggers" and posts it to the Internet.

But go on and tell me that there's no racist component to the backlash over this type of protest.

But when it's white racists marching with torches and chanting "Jews will not replace us", funny how all the First Amendment defenders come out of the woodwork to defend THEIR protest. But black people sit silently and peacefully during the Anthem? Here comes the outrage. Why is it that white Nazis marching doesn't bother some of you, but black people sitting for the Anthem gets your blood boiling?

There's no amount of money I would pay to be put in such a litmus test situation re. rather my patriotism about this country based on standing or not. For friggen sakes, some people cannot stand well due to issues of health!

Further, in the past people of all races have been on their phones, looking the other way, etc. during the anthem. Now every action or distraction is judged and memmed. Just forget it! Watch the stuff from home. Less drama.

He's paid to entertain white people? Seriously? Jesus Christ...

I wasn't aware that NFL fans were exclusively white, or that the opinions of white fans took precedent over the non-white fans.
    Huh? What does white have to do with doing what you're paid to do?

FYI, actors and athletes have always expressed political opinions and been engaged in political causes. Lebron James does it on a regular basis. They don't exist just to entertain you, they are human beings with thoughts and feelings and opinions and they don't have to keep those opinions to themselves.
    True. And it usually hurts their careers. Many people walking out of John Denver concerts years ago because he'd lecture the audience on saving the rain-forest or some crap 1/2 way through. People didn't go there for that.

Also,... does LeBron get political ON THE COURT? Or save it for a presser or an interview on his own time?

When you're in uniform and on the field,.. you're being paid [[big bucks) to play football. You represent the franchise, the owner, the city and the fans. Save your insults for later. [[If you care at all about your bank account).

If Collin doesn't care and is willing to sacrifice his paycheck to make a point,... then he's been successful. His insult to the country and all those that dies for HIS freedoms,...and his being out of a job has definitely attracted maximum attention to his cause.

Nowhere have I seen anyone mention that Kid Rock's opening act is Robert Randolph and the Family Band. An awesome rock, funk, soul southern black band. So technically, they are opening the arena. But that would be too easy to mention.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast