Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Police HQ?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    It's not that small of a parcel and you are assuming a developer wouldn't bury parking or build on top of it...
    I agree with you.

After looking and re-looking at the parcel I too think that there could be some underground parking for a mid-rise apartment building. The builder would have to be creative to design something which meshes with the town homes, seminary, and the arena across the street. I would think a mid-rise would fit well with the arena across the street and the town homes.

Not everyone would pay top dollar to live directly across from an arena, but I think some would. Yet, for someone working in downtown, Midtown, or New Center they might pay big bucks for a 5 - 10 minute streetcar commute to work. Beats an hour, any day.

High end apartments with an underground parking space might fly in a neighborhood where selling prices and rental prices are rising significantly.
    Last edited by emu steve; June-13-17 at 09:03 AM.