Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Robots being developed by Boston Dynamics will replace soldiers too. That’s arguably a mixed blessing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkv-_LqTeQA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKjCWfuvYxQ
    Last edited by Bigb23; September-10-20 at 06:48 AM.

Fake [[but funny) R&D: New Robot Makes Soldiers Obsolete.

Robots who make cars will be the future if the UAW stop being too greedy.

Automation has been eliminating jobs and boosting productivity ever since there have been factories. Thanks to computers, microprocessors and artificial intelligence, engineers are automating tasks people assumed would always remain manual. I’m old enough to still be impressed by an ATM that can authenticate my identity in seconds, accept deposits, transfer funds and dispense cash anywhere in the world. Whoever thought you could automate the job of a bank teller?
    Last edited by Pat001; September-17-20 at 04:38 PM.

I'm much more worried about cheap labor and weak standards overseas,
    And cheap labor held here in indentured servitude for years until they achieve green card status, and ultimately, citizenship-- if they do.
    It takes longer than most startups exist.
    That said, there's no question we need STEM talent.
    But the way to address it as a nation, not as an oligarchy of corporations [[be that as for the purposes of political influence they were granted citizen status by the Roberts court), is through investments in education,
    Not through tax loopholes and incentives to hire overseas.
    It would cost far less, and return much more to Americans, who'll spend it here.
    That's the feedback loop we need.
    Last edited by bust; September-12-20 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    I'm much more worried about cheap labor and weak standards overseas,
    And cheap labor held here in indentured servitude for years until they achieve green card status, and ultimately, citizenship-- if they do.
    It takes longer than most startups exist.
    That said, there's no question we need STEM talent.
    But the way to address it as a nation, not as an oligarchy of corporations [[be that as for the purposes of political influence they were granted citizen status by the Roberts court), is through investments in education,
    Not through tax loopholes and incentives to hire overseas.
    It would cost far less, and return much more to Americans, who'll spend it here.
    That's the feedback loop we need.
    Excellent point. Best post I have seen in a stupid-bait titled thread that I have read on this board in several years.

Is Universal Basic Income The Key To The Future? | Answers With Joe

With AI and automation already displacing jobs in the United States, and the problem only expected to get worse, the idea of a Universal Basic Income is being touted as a solution to save us. But is it all it's cracked up to be?

UBI doesn't add up. What's coming will be more like Universal Basic Obsolescence [[UBO) of the proletariat.

The greatest share of UAW's income is from its Wall Street portfolio. If robots increase profits, the folks at Solidarity House will go laughing to the bank.

Here's a behind the scenes video about the fake military robot video:

We Used CGi to Fake Military Robots

Those guys put an awful lot of work into that project.

Those guys put an awful lot of work into that project.
    I've been following this group for awhile. They also have CGI breakdowns from godawful popular movies, like Scorpion King.
    I had advanced schooling in Kettering/GM Unigraphics plus animation. I wish I could have hung on for the stuff they're doing now.
    But age and the recession and area of the country caught up with me. Nobody wants to be the old man in the room.
    Last edited by Bigb23; September-17-20 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    50% of the jobs in the United States are at risk
    from automation right now.

http://www.iseapublish.com/index.php...an-bernardino/

Yes, it will impact Detroit hard as well

So has:
    Conveyors
    CNC Machines
    Sensors
    Computers
    PLC's
    The Electric Motor
    Gears
    The Wheel...

Taft–Hartley [[1947) destroyed the union movement.

Corruption will kill them faster than any robot. SMDH....

We need to get Jimmy Hoffa back and have him show these new guys how to run a labor union the right way. "... Anybody here seen Jimmy? I'm gonna keep comin' back until someone REMEMBERS seein' Jimmy." [[who knows what movie this line is from?)

Name:  hoffa4.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  73.3 KB

NAFTA, admitting China to the World Trade Organization and other bad trade deals caused the de-industrialization of the US. A documentary about Detroit that does a good job of explaining the impact of de-industrialization is “Detropia.”

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    We need to get Jimmy Hoffa back...
    But seriously, Taft-Hartley [[1947) was a dagger in the heart of organized labor and sent a message to wage workers returned from the war:

"Rich relations give crusts of bread and such
    You can help yourself, but don't take too much..."

As in the song God Bless the Child.
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; October-06-20 at 10:07 AM.

Learn to operate these robots. It’s not difficult. They don’t run themselves.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4