Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    If I ran the world, I would put it in Greenfield Village.
    That's a great idea. I thought years ago, let alone these days, Greenfield Village is pretty boring for kids and could use more interactive exhibits [you can only flatten a penny so many times].

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    That's a great idea. I thought years ago, let alone these days, Greenfield Village is pretty boring for kids and could use more interactive exhibits [you can only flatten a penny so many times].

That's what trains are for...

Maybe the "kids" should learn about history and NOT more fnnn games.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpeteer View Post
    Maybe the "kids" should learn about history and NOT more fnnn games.
    There are only a handful of modern games at Marvin's. Most are old-fashioned games, some from Coney Island. As someone else said, there used to be an old fashioned arcade at Greenfield Village, right next to the boat launch. It's the charter school campus now.

It's absolutely museum-worthy stuff. As it is, there are placards describing the history of a lot of their collection, but it's all jammed together, so it can be a bit confusing to find information about what you are looking at. For example, they have a complete set of the Rock-A-Fire Explosion animatronics from ShowBiz Pizza behind the pinball machines, but, IIRC, the placard is all the way on the side. There is a documentary about this "band," and it has a niche, but rabid fan base who restore and reprogram them to play new songs. They also have PT Barnum's casting of the "Cardiff Giant" that has it's own Wikipedia page.