Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

She and her husband Ron lived on Field street maybe three or four blocks off Jefferson. The house was really pretty amazing, with incredibly detailed woodwork and a ton of rooms. When Sumas and Django were getting along, Django slept in the basement but really had the run of the house. Django was handy with a hammer and helped keep the place intact.

Sumas was a bit of a prickly pear on occasion, especially the last two years of her life, but did a lot for her neighborhood. She loved the City and was welcoming to all sorts of people.

I can't say we were friends, as she kind of scared me, but she was certainly memorable.

I wonder what became of the house G? I hope that someone purchased it and that it has not gone into ruin as so many others have!

I kept procrastinating an invite she extended... Would have loved to sit on the big porch she described.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    ....The house was really pretty amazing, with incredibly detailed woodwork and a ton of rooms. When Sumas and Django were getting along, Django slept in the basement but really had the run of the house. Django was handy with a hammer and helped keep the place intact.

They had a couple of grown sons and I know at least one boy lived in Grosse Pointe. I assume the house is in the boys' hands, but who knows for sure. Sue and Ron were deeded the home by a friend. They were friends forever and provided hospice care for him. The friend, Mr. Mister, didn't have any children and was not close with his extended family; they never appreciated his life choices but did show up during his final days and tried to strip the house.

IIRC, Django more or less saved the house from the Mr. Mister relatives and their crowbars.

So if Ron and Sue had an actual deed, paid the taxes and if the previous owner's relatives did not have a claim; then maybe the boys would own it.

The boys weren't big fans of the City though.