Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 74 of 143 FirstFirst ... 24 64 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 84 124 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 3572

This thread is not about auto companies and it's not a mind dump for feelings and vibes. So please don't bump it unless you've got news or updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    This thread is not about auto companies and it's not a mind dump for feelings and vibes. So please don't bump it unless you've got news or updates.
    Not sure how I feel about that but okay I mean, you're in charge.

You sure don't hide the fact that you are the "Worldsgreatest"...

Quote Originally Posted by metro25 View Post
    this thread is not about auto companies and it's not a mind dump for feelings and vibes. So please don't bump it unless you've got news or updates.
    yes sir!

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/mic...ction-on-may-7

LANSING, Mich. [[FOX 2) - Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer plans to reopen construction on May 7th, following through on her promise on Monday to resume construction next in Michigan after a six-week shutdown due to COVID-19.
    The governor will sign an executive order on Friday that will loosen her Stay Home, Stay Safe order for the construction industry.
    It will be very telling to see if the Hudson's site comes to life or not. I hope the economic bump hasn't caused any major changes to the project.

It was running fine until whitmer ordered the stop, it never slowed. They've already got foundations completed that is the most expensive part of the project.

It was running fine until whitmer ordered the stop, it never slowed. They've already got foundations completed that is the most expensive part of the project.
    One would think that steel and cement are the most expensive part of the project [[including labor)... but whatever. The price of both steel and cement are down in these troubled times. I hope that is a plus for the Hudsons project.

Drilling like you've all seen for the past year is extremely expensive especially when you keep hitting the foundation of a previous massive structure that was there before. It is definitely a huge chuck of the overall costs.

Funny you mention labor because that's a cost reduced for the project since Bedrock has the ability to collect the income taxes of the workers.

Quicken Loans is actually doing well during the pandemic. So this should not be scraped probably the will get done faster, since probably value and construction prices tend to lower massively during recession.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/15/quic...e-payment.html

It the Michigan Central Station I am very concerned about

Ford has money set aside for that and it's far to critical to their business plans. They've been restructuring for the last few years preparing for an event like this.

Ford has money set aside for that and it's far to critical to their business plans. They've been restructuring for the last few years preparing for an event like this.
    They prepared for a cyclical downturn. Nobody prepared for anything close to this. Ford is in serious trouble. They are going to need a merger soon which will mean lots of consolidation.

Quote Originally Posted by shawring View Post
    Quicken Loans is actually doing well during the pandemic. So this should not be scraped probably the will get done faster, since probably value and construction prices tend to lower massively during recession.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/15/quic...e-payment.html

It the Michigan Central Station I am very concerned about
    Quicken may be doing fine, but since struggling to find tenants was already a primary driver in the delays of this [[as well as Monroe Block)...the pandemic and economic reality for possible tenants certainly will not help...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    Quicken may be doing fine, but since struggling to find tenants was already a primary driver in the delays of this [[as well as Monroe Block)...the pandemic and economic reality for possible tenants certainly will not help...
    That's what I'm thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    That's what I'm thinking.
    Yep, also if no hotel tenant has signed on the dotted line...good luck right now. That industry has been crushed. Also, large corporations would seemingly not want to sign on anything right now. Heck, this may lead to more folks working from home for a long time meaning less demand from the minimal demand there already was.

We'll see regarding MCS. I'm actually a little more optimistic about that since that's mostly reliant on Ford obviously. It's also looking towards future - mobility - which isn't going away.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    They prepared for a cyclical downturn. Nobody prepared for anything close to this. Ford is in serious trouble. They are going to need a merger soon which will mean lots of consolidation.
    Who's is going to merge with Ford now? Which is already a behemoth of a company. Everybody is taking an operating loss at this moment. VW, GM, Toyota, etc. Plants are already opening back up in May also.
    Last edited by Metro25; April-30-20 at 09:49 AM.

It was actually construction costs that delayed Monroe blocks, they haven't even started looking for tenant yet, also hudson will be used to house some of the portfolio companies, that are overloading the space

Quote Originally Posted by shawring View Post
    It was actually construction costs that delayed Monroe blocks, they haven't even started looking for tenant yet, also hudson will be used to house some of the portfolio companies, that are overloading the space
    Construction costs definitely were an issue, but demand is also an issue. Multiple factors.

Who's is going to merge with Ford now? Which is already a behemoth of a company. Everybody is taking an operating loss at this moment. VW, GM, Toyota, etc. Plants are already opening back up in May also.
    Ford was in talks with GM about a year ago. To me, VW makes the most sense. They are on solid economic footing, specialize in cars not trucks, and have never made the market inroads in North America they have made elsewhere in the world. Ford may look like a behemoth but that means little if they don't have the money to compete going forward.
    As I said in another post, it seems unfair that companies like Ford & GM finally did was right in stockpiling cash and now it gets eaten up by a pandemic. Meanwhile Boeing and Carnival Cruises will get billions in bailouts and Carnival's stock is bouncing back . Who in their right mind is going to get on a cruise ship knowing it has the potential to be a floating pandemic prison?

Yep, also if no hotel tenant has signed on the dotted line...good luck right now. That industry has been crushed. Also, large corporations would seemingly not want to sign on anything right now. Heck, this may lead to more folks working from home for a long time meaning less demand from the minimal demand there already was.

We'll see regarding MCS. I'm actually a little more optimistic about that since that's mostly reliant on Ford obviously. It's also looking towards future - mobility - which isn't going away.
    On the other hand, given the layoffs that are likely coming down the pipeline at the Glass House, Ford may decide the space at MCS is no longer needed and kill the project any way. And above all else, the bankruptcy judge would certainly force that decision.

Let's be real. It was never anything more than a vanity project for Bill Ford to show he's being altruistic to Detroit [[stockholders in any other company would never go for it).

FWIW Bill Ford said "hell no" regarding a merge last week

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...es/3050425001/

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    On the other hand, given the layoffs that are likely coming down the pipeline at the Glass House, Ford may decide the space at MCS is no longer needed and kill the project any way. And above all else, the bankruptcy judge would certainly force that decision.

Let's be real. It was never anything more than a vanity project for Bill Ford to show he's being altruistic to Detroit [[stockholders in any other company would never go for it).
    Very true.

FWIW Bill Ford said "hell no" regarding a merge last week

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...es/3050425001/
    I mean...I get why he would feel that way. It's not even about the company itself and its employees, but the prestige that he and his relatives would lose from having to give up control of their Great Grandfather's company and its legacy.

That being said, they call it the free market for a reason. If Ford's unable to operate under its current ownership structure and only a merger or acquisition would save it, the opinion of Bill Ford and his relatives will be irrelevant.

Frankly, they're the ones who have been complicit in running the company into the ground with their incompetence in the first place [[who the hell picks a Furniture CEO to run an Automotive company?).

If Trump wants a shot at getting Michigan in the November elections... he will likely offer another bailout package to the automakers as a LOAN... not the freebies flying off the money printing presses for other smaller companies. I am not as pessimistic as some of you armchair critics.

Ford has plenty of cash to carry on through the year, so these are all just far fetched fantasy scenarios lol. Pretty sure their entire future is dependent on these electric and self driving endeavors, vanity project my a**.

If Trump wants a shot at getting Michigan in the November elections... he will likely offer another bailout package to the automakers as a LOAN... not the freebies flying off the money printing presses for other smaller companies. I am not as pessimistic as some of you armchair critics.

Indeed apparently everybody and their mother is an auto industry expert. It's kinda annoying, do people do this with other industries? None of these people in a million years would have predicted two months ago that all the airlines would need an immediate bailout and here we are. Where was the concerning over Delta?

Ford has plenty of cash to carry on through the year, so these are all just far fetched fantasy scenarios lol. Pretty sure their entire future is dependent on these electric and self driving endeavors, vanity project my a**.

Indeed apparently everybody and their mother is an auto industry expert. It's kinda annoying, do people do this with other industries? None of these people in a million years would have predicted two months ago that all the airlines would need an immediate bailout and here we are. Where was the concerning over Delta?
    Nobody is pretending to be an expert and nobody wants Ford to struggle. Just reading the facts:

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...on/3038280001/

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...rt/3039252001/

Page 74 of 143 FirstFirst ... 24 64 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 84 124 ... LastLast